Slash summer tour dates, 2013

The Linguini Occurrence

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no on stage appearance by Joey Kramer, but he watched the show. It was an incredible show! Loved hearing we will roam, no more heroes, gotten and immigrant song!

Edit: oops... Just noticed a big typo. Fixed!

Edited by uctalum01

I just realized Slash is playing shows 20 years to the day after GNR's last gig. God, weird to say but I'm completely happy with how Slash has moved on. I doubt it, but I wonder if Slash knows July 17th is the 20th anniversary since GNR ended, at least live.

I don't think he cares.

Im seeing him tomorrow in Lansing, pretty psyched! Will be my 5th time seeing Slash in some capacity. Looking forward to hearing him play Jungle though

Have a wonderful night bro!

So no on stage appearance by Joey Kramer, but he watched the show. It was an incredible show! Loved hearing we will roam, no more heroes, gotten and immigrant song!

Edit: oops... Just noticed a big typo. Fixed!

Glad you enjoyed the show!

Lansing tomorrow!! can't believe I only have to walk like 4 blocks to see Slash

ill be there too!

have you been to common ground before?

Few times, its a very well put together music festival considering how small Lansing is, they always have a great turnout too. Slash's fanbase stretches over a few generations so I'd expect the place to be packed.

Edited by sweetness

ill be there too!

Few times, its a very well put together music festival considering how small Lansing is, they always have a great turnout too. Slash's fanbase stretches over a few generations so I'd expect the place to be packed.

you were right! very well organized with a good turn out. crowd was a little lamer than the other slash gigs ive been to but still a very nice and friendly atmosphere. the band was great, especially myles today. was a little bummed it was the shorter set but i understand because it was a festival.

jungle was my favorite tonight, great gig overall! rock3

Did they play "Shine" in Lansing ?

Nah, only Snakepit song they played was Been There Lately

ill be there too!

you were right! very well organized with a good turn out. crowd was a little lamer than the other slash gigs ive been to but still a very nice and friendly atmosphere. the band was great, especially myles today. was a little bummed it was the shorter set but i understand because it was a festival.

Yeah the crowd was pretty lame, Common Ground has these "regulars"... did you see the Sammy Hagar looking guy and his fat wife going around with the fuzzy top-hats and inflatable guitars? They're there every year in some stupid outfit going around pointing at people making rock faces and acting like its their party. It's weird

Slash kicked ass though, and Myles really is one of the best singers around these days, never misses a note or a breath, he blows my mind.

That Rocket Queen solo :lol:

Yeah, other than this board, Myles gets a lot of respect among rock fans, other artists, and rock publications. Baffles the shit out of me other than i think fakeGnR fans are jealous b/c myles sings the shit out of GnR stuff better than axl these days and he's way more professional than axl ever was.

http://loudwire.com/myles-kennedy-vocalist-of-the-year-2012-loudwire-music-awards/

and it wasn't even that close

Edited by jmapelian

Yeah, other than this board, Myles gets a lot of respect among rock fans, other artists, and rock publications. Baffles the shit out of me other than i think fakeGnR fans are jealous b/c myles sings the shit out of GnR stuff better than axl these days and he's way more professional than axl ever was.

LOL exactly, and they'll never admit it

Did they play "Shine" in Lansing ?

Nah, only Snakepit song they played was Been There Lately

ill be there too!

Yeah the crowd was pretty lame, Common Ground has these "regulars"... did you see the Sammy Hagar looking guy and his fat wife going around with the fuzzy top-hats and inflatable guitars? They're there every year in some stupid outfit going around pointing at people making rock faces and acting like its their party. It's weird

Slash kicked ass though, and Myles really is one of the best singers around these days, never misses a note or a breath, he blows my mind.

That Rocket Queen solo :lol:

man, i didnt see them. they sound like nutters :rofl-lol:

holy shit though, i have heard their extended rocket queen several times but that was defiantly the longest! i thought his tone was a little fucked at first but it was fixed a few minutes into the solo. overall, that was a killer version wow

LOL exactly, and they'll never admit it

This.

Poor deluded, misguided, pathetic, psychotic, blind Axl fans. They're amusing.

OT: Cool videos everyone!

So what your saying slash2baz is there is plenty of time to have a few drinks and no need to rush to get there when the doors open? Lol

I don't have the schedule for tomorrow but for tonight in NH:

5.30pm - Doors and Stone Bullet

7.30pm - Slash

9.30pm - Def Leppard

When Slash plays headliners shows, he goes on stage mostly between 8.00pm and 9.00pm but you never know until the day of the gig ;-)

EDIT: just got schedule for today's gig in Bethlehem

6.00pm - Doors

7.00pm - Hillbilly Herald

8.00pm - Slash

Edited by Slash2baz

So what your saying slash2baz is there is plenty of time to have a few drinks and no need to rush to get there when the doors open? Lol

I don't have the schedule for tomorrow but for tonight in NH:

5.30pm - Doors and Stone Bullet

7.30pm - Slash

9.30pm - Def Leppard

When Slash plays headliners shows, he goes on stage mostly between 8.00pm and 9.00pm but you never know until the day of the gig ;-)

EDIT: just got schedule for today's gig in Bethlehem

6.00pm - Doors

7.00pm - Hillbilly Herald

8.00pm - Slash

Thanks for the heads up! This is good to know

Interesting gig in Bethlehem tonight. My 7th Slash show since 2010, and there's a reason I keep coming back. The shows are just that good and the setlist and energy you get from Slash, Myles, Todd, Brent and Frank is just incredible.

Having said that, tonight was probably my least favorite of the 7. He's been playing Serial Killer (which he recently seems to have dropped), Let It Roll, and Shots Fired (once the other night), which are about the 3 really big Slash songs I have yet to hear that they are currently playing. Unfortunately, I only got one of those (Let It Roll - which was amazing) and the alternates he threw in were just less than what I would have picked. Having seen him so many times, I've heard Civil War alot (didn't need its return tonight), Just Like Anything (which I've always thought to be a weird choice if they're gonna play Snakepit) and Far And Away (which was new for me but definitely the least song I'd want to hear off the new album).

They were all played well, its just not exactly what I would have wanted, especially given what he's played other nights. Also, we seemed to have gotten gyped a song. Most shows have been 22 songs, this was 21. A small complaint but I felt something to point out. We Will Roam, which has been being played every night this leg, was one I really wanted to hear and that slot was cut much to my dismay tonight. Also, couldn't hear Myles at all which bothered me, although possibly my fault because I was too close. OK crowd, but a lot of older people and a lot of kids, and most of those kids seem to be being dragged there which I always find sort of annoying.

However, with all that, the energy was as great as it always is, and in true Slash fashion I heard yet another 3 new songs. Amazing that I hear no less than 3 new songs with each show after 7 shows. It's why I come back. Let It Roll, Far And Away and Immigrant Song were great additions for me, and all of those, as well as the ones I complained about before, were played very very well. It was also nice to have Mean Bone back in the set after not seeing it for a year. Overall, great show even if I'd rank it lowest of the ones I've seen, and I was more there because I figured this would be the last time for a while they tour and it was definitely worth the trip. Hope to see them before 2015, but personally I find that doubtful. See Slash while you can on this leg!

Review frm last night's show

Posted by John J. Moser at 09:24:58 AM on July 17, 2013

Former Guns ‘N Roses guitarist Slash’s concert Tuesday at Sands Bethlehem Event Center was undeniably good.

Slash not only is an exceptional talent at guitar, but has a keen ability to surround himself with other talented performers, as he did at the event center with Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators. And then he plays with a cool workmanlike vibe that lets the music take center stage.

But just how good the show was depends on what you measure it against: Guns ‘N Roses at its late 1980s peak, or the Guns ‘N Roses that the band’s other key member, singer Axl Rose, has built around himself these days.

Slash at Sands Bethlehem Event Center
Photos by Brian Hineline/Special to The Morning Call

If you think it’s not fair to compare Slash’s show with Guns ‘N Roses – consider that a third of the show’s 21 songs in a 110-minute set were that band’s biggest hits – including a 16-minute centerpiece “Rocket Queen,” the main set’s penultimate song “Sweet Child O’Mine” and the closing ”Paradise City.”

Let’s say it right out: Slash’s show is better that the current G’NR. Myles Kennedy as a frontman is closer in talent to Rose than whatever faceless guitarist Rose now has wearing Slash’s top hat on stage these days is to the guitarist.

Slash with singer Myles Kennedy, left

Slash’s show isn’t as good as classic Guns ‘N Roses, though Tuesday’s show occasionally came interestingly close -- with the caveat that Slash sort of presents his band as G’NR in reverse, with him, rather than the singer, as star.

The band starting with “Halo” from Slash’s newest solo album, 2012’s “Apocalyptic Love,” the guitarist looking much like he did in G’NR, with his top hat, hunched over his guitar, long curls falling in his face, his riffs powerful. Kennedy wailed, often Axl-like, on vocals as he stalked the stage.

It never sounded like Kennedy was imitating Rose, but he clearly carried his vibe on many of the songs, and on the song “Mean Bone” from the post-G’NR band Slash’s Snakepit, even stood with his leg bent up on the monitor as Rose does.

On the first Guns song the band played, “Nightrain,” Kennedy was not as shrill as Rose – and for the better. And on the song “Ghost” from Slash’s self-titled 2010 solo debut, both moved beyond G’NR, especially Slash, whose riffs sparkled without unnecessary showmanship.

In fact, Slash for much of the night let Kennedy be out front, such as on the new album’s ”Standing in the Sun.” But on a full-barrel version of Velvet Revolver’s “Let It Roll,” Slash seized the spotlight, running around stage.

The first big test of how Slash’s new band measures up to Guns ’N Roses was on the classic “Civil War,” which Rose also made a centerpiece of G’NR’s show at Philadelphia’s Electric Factory last year.

Introducing the song to the crowd – which appeared something more than 2,000 -- as “something we haven’t done in awhile, just for you,” Slash played the nine-minute song on a double-neck guitar as Kennedy sang very Axl-ish. The song may not have been as intense without Rose, but it was very good, and better than the new G’NR’s version.

Totally opposite, but also very good, was “Far and Away” from “Apocalyptic Love,” with Kennedy’s voice very unlike Rose’s – richer. Also very good was “Starlight,” from Slash’s solo debut, which he introduced as the first song he and Kennedy wrote together. It held up well against the night’s other material.

It was a disappointment that bassist Todd Kearns sang the G’NR classic “Welcome to the Jungle.” While it is a great song, Kearns’ voice fell far short of Roses – it was karaoke, really – and it seemed more suited to Kennedy. Kearns also sang the Slash solo song ”Doctor Alibi.”

Kennedy

Kennedy, though, took the mic for the show’s true centerpiece, G’NR’s “Rocket Queen,” which gave Slash his longest solo -- nearly nine minutes. But playing in a zone, Slash made it flow – intricate but not unnecessarily flashy, even bringing out some slide guitar.

was Rose singing it, and then out with a very good, nine-minute version of Guns ’N Roses’ “Paradise City,” confetti shooting and Slash doing a duck-walk while playing.

It wasn’t classic Guns ‘N Roses, but these days, it was as close as you’ll get. And that means it was very good, indeed.