Do you think Axl posts here very often?

ManetsBR

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta said something in an interview about protecting Axl from reading stuff on the forums. I think it was in relation to the whole Madison/Slash t-shirt controversy. Something about keeping it from Axl until the end of the tour because he might get upset (no shit)

Anyway I can't remember the exact quotes but it was something along those lines.

Marc also said something in his section about Team Brazil keeping stuff from Axl under the assumption that it was for his own good. So yeah, they keep him in the dark about certain things.

Not sure how that would extend to stopping him from browsing the net on his phone.

In the past Axl was unquestionably an internet addict and would have actively participated in the online community under various aliases.

Today however I think he contains the activity aspect of online life and instead gauges fan opinion without personally contributing.

Everybody knows MyGNR is blacklisted but you would be naïve to think the camp do not monitor the site anyway. They're the silent witness in a way.

The online community has developed a great deal, you can't just be Axl Rose without getting detected anymore.

A lot of people on this forum see TB as people who manipulate Axl to live under his own wealth. This can't be true. He has known these people for years. They are business associates, but more importantly they are his closest friends. A long with Del, Tom and the rest of the guys.

I believe Axl doesn't know everything about GNR, but doesn't need too. He isn't there watching the stage being built, he isn't there checking of the merchandise because he is too high up for all that.

Any 'censorship' are probably rumors/half truths and speculation that they don't have enough proof 'too inform the boss' or just plain idiotic insults by old guns fans.

''hey ax, umm there are 7 people on mygnr that are slating you for having a cane'' would that be worth mentioning to him when there's 12,000 people screaming and cheering for him in an arena?

A lot of people on this forum see TB as people who manipulate Axl to live under his own wealth.

I believe Axl doesn't know everything about GNR, but doesn't need too. He isn't there watching the stage being built, he isn't there checking of the merchandise because he is too high up for all that.

Reg. your first point. Well, Team Brazil are manipulating Axl for years, and anyone who cannot see this is really trying hard not to see the truth.

About the second part...

This is why GNR are considered a joke nowdays by the public opinion.

There's articles suggesting Axl would stay up till late at night reading stuff about himself. I think this was from the 2000 era, but it's definitely been reported.

Also, don't forget the more recent, famous quote "I find out about my band through reading the internet" Or words to that effect. He's prob lurked a few times. I don't think he's a regular poster.

There's articles suggesting Axl would stay up till late at night reading stuff about himself. I think this was from the 2000 era, but it's definitely been reported.

Also, don't forget the more recent, famous quote "I find out about my band through reading the internet" Or words to that effect. He's prob lurked a few times. I don't think he's a regular poster.

I love that quote. It used to be my sig.

I would think if he posts anywhere it would be ParadiseCity or Jarmo's. People tend to go where they feel liked, at least by the majority.

Not necessarily true. Some celebrities are drawn towards the haters rather than the fans, you see it a lot on twitter. I guess they feel like they have something to prove to the critics.

I hope for his sake he doesn't post or lurk on here.

Who cares.

We as a community exist because of Axl Rose. It would be fantastic if we could host him as a community again. But, as the leaders of MyGNR themselves have acknowledged, the camp abandoned this place in the wake of the treatment Bumble was subjected to.

I think a very important point however is that if Axl were to return here, there wouldn't be a repeat of the Bumble incident. The support would overwhelm the active minority. People were disgruntled by Bumble because he isn't in a position to intimately discuss the future.

In 2000 the internet was fairly new. We know axl went online then as he called out a few people for there comments at rio. 2001.

Now we have Facebook and twitter, he'd probably check out these places if anything.

Axl doesn't even follow anyone on twitter and rarely tweets, it might just not be his thing as he wasn't brought up on the net like younger stars.

The Bumblefoot Incident was one of the most pathetic and sad moments of this forum.

Absolutely. Instead of behaving thankfully towards Bumblefoot for engaging the community off the road (do you ever hear from Dizzy, Frank etc. while not on tour?), we scapegoated him for a restriction put upon him by GNR management. Don't you think Ron would talk GNR endlessly if he were in a position to do so? Childishly we hurled our rattles at him for a wider problem of transparency that simply isn't Bumble's fault.

Axl doesn't even follow anyone on twitter and rarely tweets, it might just not be his thing as he wasn't brought up on the net like younger stars.

I don't like being horrible but your posts are really dumb. You've met most of GNR and that's well documented, but your attempts at defending the camp and Axl ring hollow.

Axl and others have personally revealed that he had a compulsion with regards to the internet in the early years of New GNR. Because of his obsessive personality he would read everything that people would say online and even actively participate himself albeit under aliases to protect his identity. While he has clearly restrained himself in more recent times, and yes I think Team Brazil try to divert him from negative online opinion, there is no question over of the fact he continues to gauge online opinion. A pic actually surfaced from his home not too long ago depicting Axl surfing the web. His tweet count and fact he doesn't follow anybody suggests nothing about his online activity.

I wouldn't base axl's activity 13 years ago on what axl does today. I reckon he does read some stuff, I don't think there is any block on his PC.

Axl probably surfs the net more for art and fashion or his interests outside GNR, than what people think of him on a forum. Maybe he did care, but he's lived with it for years.

I also believe that this forum is the most well known and most hated within the camp.

Edited by Axl_morris

Jesus H. Christ you'd swear the band was a bunch of pansies the way you people talk. You think they can't handle what gets said here? They are grown men for fuck sake.

You people exaggerate everything, including how much you think the band cares about what is said here.