Queen Inspiration for Street of Dreams

sword&tulipz

I was just listening to various songs by Queen on YouTube when I came across a song called "All Dead, All Dead".

The instrumental introduction to the song is very similar to Street of Dreams.

Knowing that Axl is a huge Queen-fan is it possible he could have based his introduction on this song?

I agree that whatever incarnation of guns couldn't hold a candle to Queen but you gotta admit that the original line up came pretty damn close but a distant second

All Dead All Dead is one of my favourite Queen-songs. Great tune. Brian May wrote and sang it and he also plays the piano on it.

I love pretty much all of the May tunes

I agree that whatever incarnation of guns couldn't hold a candle to Queen but you gotta admit that the original line up came pretty damn close but a distant second

All Dead All Dead is one of my favourite Queen-songs. Great tune. Brian May wrote and sang it and he also plays the piano on it.

I love pretty much all of the May tunes
I'm a huge GN'R fan, really. Anyway, I would put them far behind Queen, Led Zeppelin or ACDC - Bon Scott Era. But being behind such bands ain't that bad, right ? ;-)

I think of Queen as pretty hit and miss. They cared about great singles and as long as they had enough of those they didn't mind having some clunker album tracks as well. Live performance-wise though they were excellent.

Pre-Hot Space (Jazz excluded) they had great albums plus The Miracle and Innuendo.

Slightly similar. All Dead was written about May's cat.

Edited by luciusfunk

It's a known fact that Axl took a lot of inspiration from Queen and rightly so, since they're the best rock band ever.

But I'd say Catcher in the Rye has more of a Queen vibe than SOD overall.... Especially the demo solo part played by Brian May... :awesomeface:

Im not sure if I made myself clear here, bt Im talking about the first 10 seconds (instrumental) of All Dead, All Dead...Then u listen to the instrumental intro on SOD...its pretty similar to me.

Vocal wise and generally speaking I think Axl is quite influenced by Nazareth

I said it before. CD always remind me that feel of late Queen (Miracle/Innuendo/MadeinHeaven). No other band or artist can replicate that feel but Axl.

No all we need is Axl to call John Deacon and take him out of retirement to write a couple of hits.

John Deacon = the greatest disappearing act of all time and I thought Axl was good.

I said it before. CD always remind me that feel of late Queen (Miracle/Innuendo/MadeinHeaven). No other band or artist can replicate that feel but Axl.

No all we need is Axl to call John Deacon and take him out of retirement to write a couple of hits.

John Deacon = the greatest disappearing act of all time and I thought Axl was good.

Ha! No kidding!

Haha Deacon is *the shit*... he wrote Back Chat if I'm not mistaken... Another One Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free...

luciousfunk wrote:

Pre-Hot Space (Jazz excluded) they had great albums plus The Miracle and Innuendo.

I made a CDR disk for my car and had to include the first few albums in their entirety, that is how they worked, then i started picking out songs from their other albums. Overall, a remarkable body of work.

Haha Deacon is *the shit*... he wrote Back Chat if I'm not mistaken... Another One Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free...

luciousfunk wrote:

I made a CDR disk for my car and had to include the first few albums in their entirety, that is how they worked, then i started picking out songs from their other albums. Overall, a remarkable body of work.

Queen is probably the best rock band that walked the earth. By many reasons. Freddie was from another dimension.

Deacon walk of the game at his best. Music in general miss his contributions, but we got the legacy.

Queen have had so many hits, it is amazing what they achieved. I love their older material (older hits). The finnal album of their's I picked up was The Miracle, and it was so, so. The only tracks I liked were:

I Want It All

Breakthru

Funny enough I believe this video to be filmed down the road from where I lived. Believe it or not, Brain May walked into our local corner shop while I was in the shop hanging around playing the amusement machines that were around back then. He pulled up driving a red Mercedes. There was a female in the car with dark black curly hair, and that was around the time he was going out with Anita Baker, so that could have been her, I couldn't really see through the car window. I told my sister who had just walked into the corner shop, and it was her that mentioned she had heard Queen were in the area filming a video, and the Breakthru video is about the only video that looks like it could have been filmed in the area (and hadn't already been released at that time).

Edited by vaida