Anyone Else Have "Scraped" As Their Favorite Track in ChiDem?

ChristmasFnatic

I love this song. I know a lot loves TWAT, but for some reason, I couldnt get into it. But who knows in the future? God knows I didnt enjoy "Locomotive" til after many years(now its in my top 5).

Anyway I think "Scraped" is the best rocker in ChiDem... better than "ChiDem"(song) or "Shackler's"

My favourite song is always changing, I think the heavier songs like Shacklers and Rhiad have grown on me the most...

Shacklers sounds so much better with Axl's live vocals though, IMO Rhiad would be better if Robin was a bit higher in the mix (the noodling during the verses) and if Axl used more rasp (yeah yeah I know, goes without saying!)

But I do understand it'd probably make it impossible for him to sing live.

I love this song. I know a lot loves TWAT, but for some reason, I couldnt get into it. But who knows in the future? God knows I didnt enjoy "Locomotive" til after many years(now its in my top 5).

Anyway I think "Scraped" is the best rocker in ChiDem... better than "ChiDem"(song) or "Shackler's"

Thats a thing I also found with Guns n Roses, that you can almost ignore a song for a long time, then suddenly you really start liking that song. I have recently enjoyed listening to Perfect Crime, a song I didnt pay much attention to before.

Yea the rockers on Chi Dem just arent up to old GNR-level. I enjoy Riad, Shackler a lot though.

A lot of people I know like Scraped because it's radio-friendly. If an unknown band came on the radio and played Scraped, they'd be a big deal. But because it's GNR, it's a bit of a disappointment.

Scraped sucks. The "eh eh eh eh" scream sounds like 2 cats rape eachother, fucking annoying.

Look on the bright side, atleast we have an idea how Axl sounds during sex. So Axl-nuthuggers can masturbate listening to that.

:scared:

Christmas, I can understand difference of opinion and all that with the rest of the song, but you can't enjoy that intro weirdness, can you?

Scraped sucks. The "eh eh eh eh" scream sounds like 2 cats rape eachother, fucking annoying.

Look on the bright side, atleast we have an idea how Axl sounds during sex. So Axl-nuthuggers can masturbate listening to that.

Christmas, I can understand difference of opinion and all that with the rest of the song, but you can't enjoy that intro weirdness, can you?

I dislike the intro as well. Embarrassing if there are non GNR fans around. lol. Im talking about the nuthuggers who worship and probably masturbate to Axl.

I dislike the intro as well. Embarrassing if there are non GNR fans around. lol. Im talking about the nuthuggers who worship and probably masturbate to Axl.

:rofl-lol:

Even when I'm in the car by myself, if I listen to Scraped I kind of look around nervously to make sure no one around me will hear the intro.

Oh my god is better than scraped, riad, and if the world combined. Oh my god has balls to it. Not to mention axl is venomous on that tune. Even though it was quite a stretch musically than anything gnr had done up to that time, it is a misunderstood gem. Lyrically axl wrote a masterpeice, some of his better lyrics imo. I would go as far as to say omg is better than sod, maddy, cd, irs, and prostitute as well. Its kinda like shacklers is a continuation of omg, and I really like both songs.

For me better, shacklers, catcher, twat, sorry, and til are the true highlights of the album. I like these songs just as much as the classic bands stuff.

I also gotta say that maddy and sod are just average songs imo. I know a lot of people love those songs, but they just feel average to me. I really liked both of them when I first heard them back in 2001. I thought axl is really up to some epic shit. But that feeling is gone. Twat is far more epic than both songs imo. Again this is just my opinion but twat is like the new estranged and til is the new nr. I love both songs, and I've never understood the hatred towards til.

I like the song very much but its not my favourite. The intro is really new n fresh, a risky move for a singer specially live. I love the message within "dont you try to stop us now". Rebel rebel! Hehe

I agree with that. Axls lyrics are my fav part of that song. Musically is where I think that song fails. The riffs didn't really grab me. And beyond that, it is def one song that suffers from over production. But I initially did like the "don't you try and stop us now." Attitude.