Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem

Val22

Okay all I can say is, if anyone has any intention of seeing this movie - DON'T!

It was so bad I don't know where to start.

Sherri Moon Zombie looked like she was sleep walking through the whole movie. There were some good actors in it, but the whole storyline was so bad it didn't matter.

I assume it was about witches who were burned in the 1600's getting even with the future generation of the original Reverend who burned them at the stake.

No scary moments at all. Horrible make-up jobs.

The only person I loved was Ken Foree. He was funny and I had the pleasure of meeting him at a horror convention and he was so super nice.

The music wasn't bad. There was a song Venus in Furs by The Velvet Underground, a band I happen to love.

There were scenes that made no sense. One of the witches was an English actress Judy Geeson, who was one of the kids in the To Sir with love movie. She was so pretty in the 60's, but probably years of smoking made her just horrible! Dee Wallace was also in it and I love her, but her acting was a big waste of time but at least she showed some enthusiasium for her role.

the ending was completely terrible, like Rob was on some crazy drugs or halluciations.

Just plain bad. There were 4 other people there and one walked out.

I've seen Rob's other movies and they had something special, but this was just plain horrible and nothing original at all.

I think Rob Zombie should stick to music and sherri needs to take up another hobby because she's lost it too.

I just don't know what else to say except don't bother to see it because it stinks. Oh one more thing, I think Rob Zombie really hates the Catholic religion because a lot of images in his movie were directed towards them and Jesus. I'm not the most religious person, but I do take offense when people start saying horrible things about Jesus and showing very disturbing images regarding religion.

Guest bellastar2355

I will watch is specifically because Val said she didn't like it.

I'm surprise there wasn't a reference to her son and his friends going and then walking out..........or some mention of how much Axl is better than Slash in her post.

:lol:

Devil's Rejects is the only Rob Zombie movie that is any good. His Halloween movies were utter shit and House of Thounsand Corpes sucked so bad that I turned it off and went to the bar.

Really? I liked house of 1000 corpses.. the first Halloween was pretty crappy though (made me not want to watch the second one)

This movie does seem interesting though

Edited by bellastar2355

I'm surprise there wasn't a reference to her son and his friends going and then walking out..........or some mention of how much Axl is better than Slash in her post.

Do you have a problem with me?

Why would I mention Axl when I was watching Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem movie?

The movie sucked big time! It made no damn sense. Many of the actors are going to be at Texas Frightmare next weekend and will be on a panel. I'm going to ask them what the hell this movie was supposed to be about and if they actually feel that it made sense to them? I doubt I'll get an answer since they all agreed to be in this horrible movie.

This is the gnr forum and supposedly fans of Axl and the now GNR band are supposed to be supportive, but in your case I guess you're not.

This is America and I still think you can say what the fuck you want to say and if I don't insult you specifically why the fuck did you make a remark about me including Axl or Slash or both in my message about this movie.

Go waste your money on this suckfest. I've been seeing horror movies for a long time and believe me this movie sucked, but please go waste your money by all means!

Honestly I don't give a fuck what you do!

I think you are a terrible poster.

Every post you make in D&N is about how awesome Axl is and about half your posts say how crappy you think Slash is. Remember the post where you said that your son and his friends walked out of a Slash show because their was a guitar solo in it, and because he played a couple GnR songs? Imagine that...........a guitar player having a solo in his concert. And why is it OK for Axl to do GnR songs but not for Slash to?

It's annoying how you validate your posts by using your family as an example. Axl rules......or Slash sucks........because of something your child did. And it's annoying how you constantly bring Slash up in topics that have nothing to do with him.

I'm a huge GnR fan, so not sure what you mean by that. Do I worship his every move like you do? No. But I'm still a huge fan of his singing.

And lol at your "this is America" comment. So YOU are allowed to make comments, but I'm not? Why the double standard?

Finally. You obviously DO care about what I post and it obviously does effect you..........otherwise you wouldn't be responding to my post!!!

Does the swearing and the F-bombs mean that you are really angry?

And again............I will go see this movie. Especially since you hated it so much. I loved Devil's Rejects and the first Halloween remake. Didn't like Halloween part 2 and House that much. Will be interesting to see how good or bad this new movie is. The previews aren't that great, but we shall see how the movie turns out.

Do you have a problem with me?

Why would I mention Axl when I was watching Rob Zombie's Lords of Salem movie?

The movie sucked big time! It made no damn sense. Many of the actors are going to be at Texas Frightmare next weekend and will be on a panel. I'm going to ask them what the hell this movie was supposed to be about and if they actually feel that it made sense to them? I doubt I'll get an answer since they all agreed to be in this horrible movie.

This is the gnr forum and supposedly fans of Axl and the now GNR band are supposed to be supportive, but in your case I guess you're not.

This is America and I still think you can say what the fuck you want to say and if I don't insult you specifically why the fuck did you make a remark about me including Axl or Slash or both in my message about this movie.

Go waste your money on this suckfest. I've been seeing horror movies for a long time and believe me this movie sucked, but please go waste your money by all means!

Honestly I don't give a fuck what you do!

Edited by Groghan

I think you are a terrible poster.

Every post you make in D&N is about how awesome Axl is and about half your posts say how crappy you think Slash is. Remember the post where you said that your son and his friends walked out of a Slash show because their was a guitar solo in it, and because he played a couple GnR songs? Imagine that...........a guitar player having a solo in his concert. And why is it OK for Axl to do GnR songs but not for Slash to?

Why did you decide that this movie review would be an appropriate place to start nagging about Axl and Slash? Come on, man, get over it already.

Was it worse than the Texas Chainsaw 3d movie? One of the worst I have ever seen.

Okay, we know that all of the Texas Chainsaw movies are all about leatherface killing people. Nothing new there.

I realized that with the Lords of Salem, there was no suspense at all. Usually in horror movies it keeps building the suspense and terror to where you can't stand what you might see next. Nothing like that happened in this movie.

There was no explicit violence or killings which most good horror movies have in them. Nothing to make you look away or say OMG!

The witches were just old women. The only witch I didn't recognize was Meg Foster in the beginning. I honestly thought she was a man! lol Anyway, the actors did try to do well, but Sherri Moon acted like she was walking through the movie and the whole ending was like someone's bad acid trip.

Like I said, just trying to warn you that it sucked, but if you still want to see it, maybe you will like it. There were only a few other people in the theatre with me and my daughter and they groaned at the end like we did.

My daughter just bought the book and I read the first few chapters. it actually was better than the movie and actually had more to it than the movie. Maybe whatever Rob Zombie had to cut out made the movie boring.

Oh, and I highly doubt either Slash or Axl would have liked this movie! LOL