Why does Axl seem to rate DJ Ashba so highly?

Towelie

Why question friendships?

Personally I think Dj, Ron and Richard are a perfect fit. I was never a BH or Slash fan. I loved Robin but I don't think he was the best fit for gnr.

DJ, Ron and Richard fit GNR better than Slash? Fuck me where do we find these people? :lol:

Actually I was thinking the same thing of you asshole! I have been a GNR fan sense the beginning and still think Slash is a sloppy drunk player. Lots of talent wasted on that guy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think Dj, Ron and Richard are a perfect fit. I was never a BH or Slash fan. I loved Robin but I don't think he was the best fit for gnr.

DJ, Ron and Richard fit GNR better than Slash? Fuck me where do we find these people? :lol:

Actually I was thinking the same thing of you asshole! I have been a GNR fan sense the beginning and still think Slash is a sloppy drunk player. Lots of talent wasted on that guy.

+1

+1

Yeah I agree. It's quite amazing that such a sloppy drunk player could still end up in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame, play the Superbowl, have a star on the Hollywood walk of fame and produce solo's that regularly top the list of greatest guitar solo's of all time. He also could afford to walk away from GNR and still make millions on his own and be hugely admired and respected in the industry

Meanwhile, his old buddy released a dud aided by a small army of guitarists who still can't fill Slash's boots

Funny that :lol:

I just think it is great that they all seem to get along so well. Axl was very fortunate or skillful to find three guitar players

who together (with the rest of the band) create this really solid sound.

They each have their own kind of stage presence which makes it even more interesting.

Axl has no clue when it comes to choosing guitarists. He was lucky enough to have Slash at one time, but he failed miserably in finding a decent guitarist to play with him. Buckethead who is vastly overrated by the nuGNR fanbois is the closest he got to playing with a decent guitarist after Slash.

You sound stupid.

And this is why I hardly ever come too this board. what a waste of space.

What do I need to simplify it for you? I guess I will head over too a board where people talk about the topics and don't waste there time bashing other fans. see ya.

+1

Yeah I agree. It's quite amazing that such a sloppy drunk player could still end up in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame, play the Superbowl, have a star on the Hollywood walk of fame and produce solo's that regularly top the list of greatest guitar solo's of all time. He also could afford to walk away from GNR and still make millions on his own and be hugely admired and respected in the industry

Meanwhile, his old buddy released a dud aided by a small army of guitarists who still can't fill Slash's boots

This.

You sound stupid.

And this is why I hardly ever come too this board. what a waste of space.

What do I need to simplify it for you? I guess I will head over too a board where people talk about the topics and don't waste there time bashing other fans. see ya.

No, no come back! Oh wait nobody cares.

+1

None if that matter because Amy, who admittedly rarely frequents mygnr, thinks that Slash sucks. I bet she must be so pissed when she listens to AFD, Lies, the Illusions and TSE. That's assuming she could get past Slash's horrible playing to begin with.

It doesn't matter if Barney the Dinosaur was in the band. Axl will always praise "said" guitar player ...... cause he is never in his life going to admitt that he needs Slash ...... never! : (

Hell we already had one wearing a chicken bucket on his head!!In which Axl praised ..... that right there should tell you all you need to know!

Edited by SweetRose

I think Axl rates DJ so highly for a few reasons.

First, DJ seems to be more aggressive with ass-kissing than the other guys. DJ views his position in GNR as a great business opportunity, a way to "build his brand," like selling his custom made car (hahaha) and BullyShit and his idiotic clothing than I'm sure has sold a grand total of six units. Seriously, DJ licks Axl's asshole so clean it's ridiculous. "He's a comedian, he's funny, we beat up drunk fans together, he plays these piano songs in his room which are genius." It's all so DJ can get his brand out there.

Second, Axl likes ass-kissing. That's why Beta is there---she tells Axl exactly what he wants to hear. She and her team are yes-men. Axl fires anyone who speaks his or her mind, which is why no manager has lasted that long, and it's why Axl wants employees and not bandmates. DJ is the ultimate yes-man, and Axl likes that.

Finally, Axl just isn't cool anymore. Look at him, he looks terrible. He fits the term "douche bag" perfectly, with those gaudy jeans and Dick Tracy rainjackets and that stupid cane. Axl just isn't cool, and to him, DJ is the definition of cool. "Oh look, he has a giant tribal skull painted on his guitar! That's cool! He has a lip ring a seven million over-the-top cliche tattoos, that MUST mean he's cool!"

First, DJ seems to be more aggressive with ass-kissing than the other guys. DJ views his position in GNR as a great business opportunity, a way to "build his brand," like selling his custom made car (hahaha) and BullyShit and his idiotic clothing than I'm sure has sold a grand total of six units. Seriously, DJ licks Axl's asshole so clean it's ridiculous. "He's a comedian, he's funny, we beat up drunk fans together, he plays these piano songs in his room which are genius." It's all so DJ can get his brand out there.

Second, Axl likes ass-kissing. That's why Beta is there---she tells Axl exactly what he wants to hear. She and her team are yes-men. Axl fires anyone who speaks his or her mind, which is why no manager has lasted that long, and it's why Axl wants employees and not bandmates. DJ is the ultimate yes-man, and Axl likes that.

Finally, Axl just isn't cool anymore. Look at him, he looks terrible. He fits the term "douche bag" perfectly, with those gaudy jeans and Dick Tracy rainjackets and that stupid cane. Axl just isn't cool, and to him, DJ is the definition of cool. "Oh look, he has a giant tribal skull painted on his guitar! That's cool! He has a lip ring a seven million over-the-top cliche tattoos, that MUST mean he's cool!"

I like your post. And truth hurts.

I like your post. And truth hurts.

I agree, DJ Asba defines what cool is. He's managed to trademark "cool" and luckily all of us can try to emulate his style. We have ASHBA Swag.

Three pages in and nobody has addressed my question in the OP. Why is DJ GNR's star player over Ron Thal? Why not choose the best guitar player to be the main lead guitarist? Why does Ron play second fiddle to somebody who isn't even in the same league as him?

Three pages in and nobody has addressed my question in the OP. Why is DJ GNR's star player over Ron Thal? Why not choose the best guitar player to be the main lead guitarist? Why does Ron play second fiddle to somebody who isn't even in the same league as him?

Yeah I don't get it either.