I have a theory as to why Axl doesn't want to release new music with NuGuns.

Towelie

I think he is afraid of releasing new music and then watching it all fall apart again. Robin leaving smack bang around the time ChiDem was released was an incredibly selfish and inconvenient move to make and must've left a bitter taste in Axl's mouth. It was difficult enough releasing and promoting ChiDem once Bucket had quit, but when two of the albums key players have jumped ship, any kind of promotion on Axl's part would've felt pretty redundant. Imagine filming music videos with BBF or DJ pretending to play the parts of Finck or BH - it would've looked cringeful.

I think by keeping the current band as a touring lineup he feels safer, in the knowledge that any personnel changes in the band won't negatively effect the bands credibility/future plans.

Edited by Towelie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it was a cunty thing to expect him to waste a decade of his prime on one album.

As much as you'd like Axl to shoulder the blame entirely, the likes of Finck coming and going throughout the albums conception undoubtedly played it's part in the album taking so long to be completed and released.

And then for Finck to walk just as the album finally dropped pretty much fucked everything up in terms of promo and touring. He was unreliable and couldn't decide whether he wanted to be in GNR or NIN. Karmas a bitch though, as he's now gone back to being a nobody.

Edited by Towelie

He was coming and going because it was TEN FUCKING YEARS with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel.

But no lets all just take a minute to blame Finck for all the delays. Fuck me how retarded is this place.

No it was a cunty thing to expect him to waste a decade of his prime on one album.

As much as you'd like Axl to shoulder the blame entirely, the likes of Finck coming and going throughout the albums conception undoubtedly played it's part in the album taking so long to be completed and released.

And then for Finck to walk just as the album finally dropped pretty much fucked everything up in terms of promo and touring. He was unreliable and couldn't decide whether he wanted to be in GNR or NIN. Karmas a bitch though, as he's now gone back to being a nobody.

What the fuck do you know about anything? How was Finck supposed to know the album was going to be released that year? The album hadn't even been handed over to the record company yet. There was no reason to expect it out that year.

He was coming and going because it was TEN FUCKING YEARS with no sign of light at the end of the tunnel.

But no lets all just take a minute to blame Finck for all the delays. Fuck me how retarded is this place.

His career was hardly illustrious before or after. It's not as if he had better things to do than play in front of massive crowds in GNR. You talk as if Axl held this guy back, I could understand that logic referring to someone as prolific as Buckethead, but what has Robin Finck done since leaving the shackles of GNR? Oh yeah, that's right, perform with them once in 2012.

Perhaps, But i think it just is what it is. Axl has a band that can play the hits, there is reallly no need to put out new music in this market to stay viable and visible. The huge vast jagurnaut of old GNR is not nessessary. Minimal promotion riding in on the coat tails of a very rich and vast legacy and touring to recoup and pay for it.".keeps the show on the road". Has Axl proved all that he can? Is there still a fire in his belly to be the lead singer of GNR? A new album usually promoted by touring it. One given plus is that after years of invisbility this group is out on the road and all over the world playing music from a different era to audiences that expect to hear AFD and UYI & Lies material.

If promoting this band and increasing their visibility on the celebrity circut elevated them to demanding and expecting "member" status in corporate GNR "speak" could mean for Axl that he would be confronted with what he had previous.Just who calls the shots as to what where ,when, why and WHO GNR is.I just dont see why he would do that. Those band members that are happy with their contract stay around and accept the situation for what it is...those that dont go their seperate ways. What ever the incentive is- it seems to be there at this moment. Rather they record and promote new music still is a vague answer to a repeated question. ,Given that this current set seems to fulfill a demand already with minimal pressure to produce something like say a new hit song in order to sell tickets- i dont see any reason why GNR would attempt to do so. While some of the current band have been around longer than the originals..for me, I just dont see the legacy band ever fading away as long as the material that is played is 95% from that era.

Wow, people are blaming Robin now? For spending a decade of his life in an album he wasn't sure it would come out? Axl apologists, you are creepy. Look at all the musicians who left the band and tell me it's not Axl's fault. Oh yeah, in your fucked up mind, it isn't! Holy shit.

Wow, people are now blaming ROBIN FINCK for the lack of new Axl music?!

Axl will never, ever release another new song, ever again. He's done, he's finished. He's touring to make money as a nostalgia act; there's far, FAR more money in playing AFD hits for casual crowds than playing new garbage for the handful of mygnrforum members who actually care.

Why on earth would Axl release more new music?

My friend gave me a free ticket to a Motely Crue and Def Leppard show last year, and these guys are playing their nostalgia songs. No one wants to hear anything new, aside from a very few people. This is where Axl is right now: complete irrelevance. He's a nostalgia act.

99.999% of the people who buy a ticket to his show are there to hear Sweet Child o Mine, NOT Scraped.

Axl will never, ever release another new song, ever again. He's done, he's finished. He's touring to make money as a nostalgia act; there's far, FAR more money in playing AFD hits for casual crowds than playing new garbage for the handful of mygnrforum members who actually care.

My friend gave me a free ticket to a Motely Crue and Def Leppard show last year, and these guys are playing their nostalgia songs. No one wants to hear anything new, aside from a very few people. This is where Axl is right now: complete irrelevance. He's a nostalgia act.

99.999% of the people who buy a ticket to his show are there to hear Sweet Child o Mine, NOT Scraped.

so why the fuck are we told by the other members that a new album will come eventually? if Axl came on here and told us that there wouldnt be another album i'm sure most of us would just accept it and move on.. why get our hopes up? the people that want new music want it a whole fuckin lot and i think all the patience and support that we show for Axl is deserving of at least a few new songs or even the unfinished democracy leftovers

so why the fuck are we told by the other members that a new album will come eventually?

I'll tell you why DJ keeps harping on about new music: he's covering his ass.

I'm sure DJ knows Axl will never release new music, but now DJ is on record as saying he really wants to write new music with Axl. So, once DJ leaves GNR, he looks like a million bucks: he wanted to write new music with Axl, but Axl never got his ass in gear.

DJ's reputation will look great! He'll then be able to work with more washed-up has-been 80s rockers, like Axl and Nikki.

Axl can never say anything bad about DJ once DJ quits, because DJ has gone on record that he's ready to write new music. See how Axl is blaming everyone, from Buckethead to Finck to Slash, for his lack of releasing new music? Well, now DJ can never be blamed. DJ can point to all those interviews where he says he wants new music with Axl, and DJ will look great, and the next overweight irrelevant 80s rocker will bring him onto a new project.

Fans of a band or singer want to hear new music from them.

Releasing new music doesn't take away the quality or effect of the old classic songs. SCOM will always be SCOM, regardless of how many new albums Axl releases.

If Axl cared about his fans, and if he had any respect for his current band, he would release new music. It's that simple.

Unless, of course, like somebody mentioned here earlier, Axl told his current band and his fans that he wasn't in this business anymore to create music, but instead was just going to tour the old music so fans could still hear classics like Jungle, Nov Rain and SCOM in a live setting.

If Axl and Beta came clean and said that, then about 75% of the criticism would go away. But that's not how anybody associated with the band has expressed things happening. Hence the criticism and frustration from Axl's fans.

We've been over this countless times. Does Axl share some blame, sure, but it's not all on him.

Saying he's not going to release any new music or that he is done is amusing at the very least. Coming here everyday to bash him is even more so.All signs are pointing towards a new release later this year or early next, as stated by several band members.

What constitutes a hit song nowadays anyway or record? Can't really go buy record sales anymore, radio is stuck on either classic rock or modern alt/pop music which is unlistenable.

I wonder if Sweet Child came out today if it would be as successful.

Who is today's best selling rock band? How many record sales do they have. How do they compare to the late eighties and early nineties in terms of sales when bands selling 3-7 million copies was the norm.