Misfits

Cosmo

Where do you guys stand on the Misfits? I'm going through their discography these past days and I'm really enjoying it.

Really liked The Devil's Rain. Got major fillers but some really good songs too. Land Of The Dead is probably the best misfits song post-Danzig, Curse of the Mummy's Hand is really solid, so are Father and the title track. Don't get the hate Only gets for his vocals. They're not that different from Danzig's, IMO.

love the misfits. walk among us, earth a.d./wolfs blood, and static age are great, the rest sucks though. you can really hear some thrash/black metal elements in their music(especially earth a.d./wolfs blood) great, great band.

Love Static Age, one of the best albums i ever heard.

Awesome album. Thing is -it's different 'cause they still weren't THE misfits, if you know what I mean... They still hadn't found their imagery, etc... But with Last Caress, She, Attitude, Hybrid Moments and We Are 138, it's still probably their best.

love the misfits. walk among us, earth a.d./wolfs blood, and static age are great, the rest sucks though. you can really hear some thrash/black metal elements in their music(especially earth a.d./wolfs blood) great, great band.

I think Danzig kinda overdid it on the screaming in Earth A.D.. I find it kinda irritating sometimes. It's got some great songs though...

Static Age is awesome! One of the first punk albums I really got into (and one of the only ones I still like). Theme For A Jackal is an awesome song that gets overlooked a lot when people mention that album. After Static Age, my favorite Misfits album is probably Evilive, then Earth A.D./Walk Among Us (tied). Graves-era, it goes American Psycho then Famous Monsters. Post Graves I lost interest altogether.

More people should listen to Samhain. (Danzigs band right after the Misfits). Initium is what you should start with, Unholy Passion is cool too.

Love Static Age, one of the best albums i ever heard.

Awesome album. Thing is -it's different 'cause they still weren't THE misfits, if you know what I mean... They still hadn't found their imagery, etc... But with Last Caress, She, Attitude, Hybrid Moments and We Are 138, it's still probably their best.

>love the misfits. walk among us, earth a.d./wolfs blood, and static age are great, the rest sucks though. you can really hear some thrash/black metal elements in their music(especially earth a.d./wolfs blood) great, great band.

I think Danzig kinda overdid it on the screaming in Earth A.D.. I find it kinda irritating sometimes. It's got some great songs though...

Hybrid Moments is quite possibly my favorite punk song of all time.

Return of the Fly is my favorite Misfit song. Static Age is an alltime great album. Alot of awesome songs on that one like Hybrid Moments, Hollywood Babylon, and Theme for a Jackal.

The Collection albums are great to along with Legacy of Brutality which are basically best of records.

Devilock, Death Comes Ripping and Mommy Can I Go Out and Kill Tonite are classic thrash\punk songs.

Horror Business, Where Eagles Dare and London Dungeon are all great great Misfit songs.

Id take the Danzig era over the newer stuff anyday.

Return of the Fly is my favorite Misfit song. Static Age is an alltime great album. Alot of awesome songs on that one like Hybrid Moments, Hollywood Babylon, and Theme for a Jackal.

The Collection albums are great to along with Legacy of Brutality which are basically best of records.

Devilock, Death Comes Ripping and Mommy Can I Go Out and Kill Tonite are classic thrash\punk songs.

Horror Business, Where Eagles Dare and London Dungeon are all great great Misfit songs.

Guest Len B'stard

I aint heard nothing theyve done apart

From Static Age, heard they went metal so weren't really interested which is odd cuz static age really is one of the best album i've ever heard.

From Static Age, heard they went metal so weren't really interested which is odd cuz static age really is one of the best album i've ever heard.

You're missing out, do yourself a favor and at least check out the Danzig stuff. Even if you don't like all of it, you'll like a handful of it. You should also check out Samhain, they're definitely more horror punk/darker than the Misfits, but they've got some solid albums.

IMO, this line-up is way better than the Michael Graves line-up. Not nearly as good as the Danzig years but still pretty solid. Don't get the hate Only receives for his live singing. It's not bad at all, IMO.

You're missing out, do yourself a favor and at least check out the Danzig stuff. Even if you don't like all of it, you'll like a handful of it. You should also check out Samhain, they're definitely more horror punk/darker than the Misfits, but they've got some solid albums.

I prefer nuMisfits to Samhaim. It's a but too occult for me. Danzig likes it dark. Jerry likes it PG.

Misfits are one of my favorite bands, the three Danzig records are all punk rock classics in my opinion. The Michale Graves records are both amazing with famous monsters being one of my favorite albums, The Devil's Rain is ok but it just doesn't have the feel their previous records do, Jerry just doesn't pour his soul into his voice like Glenn & Michale do although i do enjoy quite a few of the songs & Dez Cadena's guitar especially. Cosmonaut Land of the Dead is a good song though, i prefer the live version off dead alive though, it's just a lot more raw & Dez sings the background vocals which is an improvement in my book. I Wouldn't say it's their best song since the Danzig lineup though, the Graves era Fits had some amazing tunes.

Edited by The Matinator

I ain't no god damn son of a bitch!

Thanks to this thread I've gone and thrown on a bunch of my Misfits albums :lol:

I used to like Graves era Misfits a lot more than I currently do... I can probably list off all the decent Graves era songs off the top of my head, there isn't a lot of 'em. Have you listened to Cuts from the Crypt? I used to have it, but didn't listen to it a whole lot. I did get into Michale's solo stuff a bit though, he had a few decent tracks (I can't remember the names of them though... I think one was called Fountains of Heroin)

I don't wanna be here, in your London Dungeon...