Axl looks sad in every picture...what is going on?

Blusky Grenfield

So it's the camera phones fault.

His looks = the fault of the cameras and those assholes taking pictures.

His voice = the fault of camera phones and youtube. Some times sickness.

His popularity = the fault of people that want quality music instead of the same old tour of old material..........and Slash

He's right. Everyone IS out to get him.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's the camera phones fault.

His looks = the fault of the cameras and those assholes taking pictures.

His voice = the fault of camera phones and youtube. Some times sickness.

His popularity = the fault of people that want quality music instead of the same old tour of old material..........and Slash

He's right. Everyone IS out to get him.

The funny thing is that people are going to read your post and go "ya, this guy nailed it" and not realize you are being sarcastic

part of me thinks its the illusion his mustache gives off as its in a frown shape. photoshop it out and it would be more neutral/happier face.

Could be... Maybe Axl could try out another stache style like Salvador Dali's perhaps...

220px-Salvador_Dali_NYWTS.jpg

It's true, there is a sadness to him. I'm not sure when this pic was taken, it's a candid I assume from a fan, he looks very much alone.

tumblr_mbnymb7VwY1rw6nu0o1_500.jpg

He obviously isn't always like this, but that dead inside look never really goes away.

...that dead inside look never really goes away.

I wonder why. Lovesick? Depression? Frustration with the music industry? Meds? Drugs? Age? Sickness? Hard to enjoy a show when you know the man up on the stage is actually suffering. I wish him nothing but the best really.

part of me thinks its the illusion his mustache gives off as its in a frown shape. photoshop it out and it would be more neutral/happier face.

8736117039_5f5d4008c5_m.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95710067@N07/8736117039/

It's not the beard, it's the eyes. He's gone.

Of couse he is sad. Axl Rose is gonna have the stink of the failure of "Cinese Democracy" on his back forevermore.

The least you could do is try to stay subtle.
Obv someone's alt account.

:rofl-lol:

Didn't mean to xpose u, sorry!

Would you be smiling if random strangers were asking you to take pictures with them every time you go out?

If it were females, I think nearly every guy here would say yes. :thumbsup:

After 25 years, probably not.

So 25 years is the expiration of heterosexuality?

Never heard that one.

Of couse he is sad. Axl Rose is gonna have the stink of the failure of "Cinese Democracy" on his back forevermore.

The least you could do is try to stay subtle.
Obv someone's alt account.
:rofl-lol:
Didn't mean to xpose u, sorry!

sailaway is a disgrace to the gnr community. sorry for the off topic.

Discuss topic not me, reported.

OT

Think everyone may be overanalyzing photos, but the sheer volume of photos may well contain the answers considering the no camera/no video policy of past years.

Everyone seems to be getting photo ops :shrugs:

He didn't always smile in old photos though did he? It's just that when you are 25 ish it's easier to come across as sultry, mysterious and soulful or whatever. I hate smiling in photos, I always end up looking ridiculous, like a squinting, gurning idiot. There is less margin for error if you don't smile, the downside is you can look miserable. I think it is mostly an attempt at image control by Axl.

I agree, but that theory about it being the hanging moustache that makes him seem to frown was fantastic :D