Do you think the record company told Axl to get back to them when he's written some great rock songs?

Randy Lahey

Do you think the record company told Axl to get back to them when he's written some great rock songs? The Chinese Democracy album proved that Axl doesn't need anyone to help him write great ballads and epics, but he does need somebody who can help him write great rock songs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first single of the new GNR record (i know) is a radio friendly tune, with riffs and blues-y soloes. This so called "dad rock" seems to be very marketable nowadays. The fanatics sure would love it even if it sounds like a Slash song.

It would be good to hear from either the label or Team Brazil. But maybe it is basically just what Axl said in the chats. Maybe the label is more interested in Dj songs with Axl singing.

It seems like they have a record, it's up to the label to to say yes or no.

I really, really doubt that any label is holding up the release of new Axl music.

At this point, Axl wouldn't get much in the way of advance money from a label anyway. Let's face it, no new Axl music, ever.

Its possible mainly bcos the label wont work with them or give them money for promo.

I cant see ghe label giving them studio or video money. So we could get. Whats already been done. But no fireworks. Same as CD type stuff. Which i like but people seem to want a hard rock record.

Do you think the record company told Axl to get back to them when he's written some great rock songs? The Chinese Democracy album proved that Axl doesn't need anyone to help him write great ballads and epics, but he does need somebody who can help him write great rock songs.

Yeah, that's probably it. I'm sure he's turned in 4-5 albums at this point and they are like "Nah, we got time, keep working on it."

Good thought.

Guest charlie555

I really, really doubt that any label is holding up the release of new Axl music.

At this point, Axl wouldn't get much in the way of advance money from a label anyway. Let's face it, no new Axl music, ever.

You may have hit the nail on the head. Apparently its not so much about advance money anyway, more about profit percentages and royalties.

I think there's a bit of a disagreement around promotional strategy too. Along the lines that Axl doesn't want to promote something he doesn't approve etc. etc. hence him wanting more money to tinker and Universal saying fark off because Katy Perry is more profitable for them...