Guns N' Roses just posted a whole 1991 concert on Facebook and Twitter

ManetsBR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can only mean one thing: They're finally acknowleding the band's history which is fuckin' great.

When have they not acknowledged the history? Like, playing all those classic songs? Like, using AFD artwork to promote the Vegas residency? Just because they are focused on the current lineup and their current plans doesn't mean they don't acknowledge the history.

Irrelevant to the discussion. They're remembering past line-ups, that's something they've never done before. That's "acknowledging" the band's history.

When have they not remembered and acknowledged the history?

When they had Slash's display in Vegas moved.

This can only mean one thing: They're finally acknowleding the band's history which is fuckin' great.

When have they not acknowledged the history? Like, playing all those classic songs? Like, using AFD artwork to promote the Vegas residency? Just because they are focused on the current lineup and their current plans doesn't mean they don't acknowledge the history.

Irrelevant to the discussion. They're remembering past line-ups, that's something they've never done before. That's "acknowledging" the band's history.

I don't see it -- if it really happened -- as not acknowledging the fact that he was in the band, but just a childish result of spite and pettiness.

Wasn't it in Vegas where Slash was kicked out of the GNR show?

I think the "advance party" told the HRC to move it when they talked about bringing Axl's car & memorabilia in. I just think all things to do with removing Slash t-shirts comes from the one who talks to venue security, and I think that's either Tom or Del. Who does all the looking around to make sure the dressing rooms are good to go and the contract's followed through to the letter?

The GNR fanpage posting bootlegs is cool though. I can't believe some people are trying to read into it. I just read into it that Axl's cool about letting people put bootlegs up in the forums and on there. It would be funny if "Uzi Suicidal LLC" blocked it though. Why they do it to some footage but not to others is weird.

would be nice if the axl fanatics started respecting the old line-up a little more too.

cool story bro

Slash would have to bow down down and apologise for what he did to the band and Axl. Then he would have to bow down and apologise to me for ruining the late 90's for me.

Didn't Axl say he simply does not use social media? If he doesn't, chances are he doesn't even know someone posted the photo and the video.

I'd be totally shocked if Axl didn't follow what was going on officially with his own band on the internet. It doesn't seem like he is doing much recording... what else could he be doing with his life.

Lol remember the dude didn't know a tour had been scheduled for him.

They're remembering past line-ups, that's something they've never done before. That's "acknowledging" the band's history.

They're remembering past line-ups, that's something they've never done before. That's "acknowledging" the band's history.

No, acknowledging is about admitting it happened. If you don't acknowledge the history, you are practically rejecting it which is an active thing. There is also no real reason to say they haven't "remembered past lineups"; what they have done, as far as I see it, is keep the focus away from the history. I don't see that as not "remembering the past lineups", but this might just be a language thing. I believe the reason for this strategy is quite obvious: Axl has been concious on focusing on the present, not only to not invite unfavourable comparisons but also to suppress reunion talks.

I do believe, though, that a case could be made that Axl hasn't acknowledged Slash's role in the legacy of GN'R, in fact, I think it is pretty obvious through recent interviews that Axl has been downplaying Slash's role and importance. But I see no evidence of Axl not acknowledging the fantastic history of GN'R (sans Slash).

Edited by SoulMonster

No, acknowledging is about admitting it happened. If you don't acknowledge the history, you are practically rejecting it which is an active thing.

You're wrong.

This thread is about Gn'R posting a link to an old gig from 1991. When we use the world "acknowledge", is directed at it. The fact that Gn'R is doing this now (and not before) is because - in my opinion - they're finally acknowledging the band's history.

I didn't read the rest of your post, sorry.

No, acknowledging is about admitting it happened. If you don't acknowledge the history, you are practically rejecting it which is an active thing. There is also no real reason to say they haven't "remembered past lineups"; what they have done, as far as I see it, is keep the focus away from the history. I don't see that as not "remembering the past lineups", but this might just be a language thing. I believe the reason for this strategy is quite obvious: Axl has been concious on focusing on the present, not only to not invite unfavourable comparisons but also to suppress reunion talks.

I do believe, though, that a case could be made that Axl hasn't acknowledged Slash's role in the legacy of GN'R, in fact, I think it is pretty obvious through recent interviews that Axl has been downplaying Slash's role and importance. But I see no evidence of Axl not acknowledging the fantastic history of GN'R (sans Slash).

wow. arguing for the sake of arguing are we? lol

No, acknowledging is about admitting it happened. If you don't acknowledge the history, you are practically rejecting it which is an active thing.

You're wrong.

This thread is about Gn'R posting a link to an old gig from 1991. When we use the world "acknowledge", is directed at it.

Ah, haha :D

So when the cupcakes choose to use words with negative connotations -- like saying the band has been denying its history -- rather than more precise words that better reflect the facts we have at hand -- like saying the band has been choosing not to focus on its history -- then that is just what it is and you don't like this being pointed out and we should of course know the unorthodox meaning implied.

It's really great that Gn'R FB page acknowledges, well....real Gn'R and band members.

I'm pretty sure it's not just by chance, it's probably a strategy to calm down all the fans that have giving so much shit on the FB posts regarding nuGn'R... Like if the nuGn'R acknowledges it, then it makes the new 'band' seem more cool and legitimate (which it isn't anyways). Good PR move!

You're wrong.

This thread is about Gn'R posting a link to an old gig from 1991. When we use the world "acknowledge", is directed at it.

Ah, haha :D

So when the cupcakes choose to use words with negative connotations -- like saying the band has been denying its history -- rather than more precise words that better reflect the facts we have at hand -- like saying the band has been choosing not to focus on its history -- then that is just what it is and you don't like this being pointed out and we should of course know the unorthodox meaning implied.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. By saying that they're finally acknowledging it I'm not saying that they refused to do it.

So, in resume, for best or worse, they're remembering past line-ups, that's something they've never done before. That's "acknowledging" the band's history. :)