Will we ever witness another full GNR leak?

Guest NGOG

Guest NGOG

Aside from the sporadic seconds of leaks from certain attention seekers who've probably duped a hoarder into a few seconds of evidence; will another full GNR leak ever happen again?

It's astounding that we've been aware of titles like Atlas Shrugged, Jackie Chan and The General for so long and yet none of those tracks have ever leaked online. Especially when you consider Skwerl's claim that a minimum of ten songs have escaped the GNR camp.

Eventually. There are at least 20 songs literally out there. And there have been snippets, indicating that a full leak could happen, like from Checkmate. There was also the snippet from Blood In The Water, which with the Better Gone leak indicate that the remix album could eventually leak. I'm not really interested in it, but other songs from the Chinese Democracy era seems to be out there as well.

This kind of thing happen from out of nowhere. The Better video, for example. No one had no idea that someone actually had it, no one was not even interested anymore, so a totally unknown guy just posted it here and vanished from the forum. Everybody talks about The General, Atlas Shrugged etc, but several of the leaked songs were songs we never even had heard of before, like Shackler's Revenge and If The World, indicating that not only there are dozens of unreleased songs, but also many are out there.

I really doubt someone, one single person has all the 20 songs Skwerl stated, though.

It's probably our only chance of hearing new Axl music while Axl still has a pulse.

Otherwise, we'd probably have to wait for Axl to die for team brazil to milk the vaults.

Those are the only two ways I see us ever getting new music from Axl. Not even trying to be a dick.

Last year I asked a current band member about his favourite Guns song and he said the one he loves the most is not even released and was never played in concert yet either. He seemed very frustrated about it. And he said it was a song he didn't even work on himself, so the frustration was with it being a really good song left unheard and not a musician wanting his own work out there. So they seem to have some good material left, but not having a concept of how to use it.

I think there is more hype than material though. 20 A songs and 20 B songs, really? If he had 20 A songs then why put utter crap like Scraped on the most anticipated comeback in the history of rock music and play up to 20% covers at every concert?

I consider Blood In The Water and Better Gone to be remixes/remakes of some sort, not actual new original songs. Atlas, Thyme, General etc. are said to exist according to people such as Maro Beltrami or Baz, but no normal fan ever heard them. Going Down was seen on some setlists recently, so that might be the closest to an actually existing song seing the light of day realistically.

Guns is the sound of silence today, in like "people writing songs that voices never share" - it's a shame.