Kanye West Thread

Deepest Shame

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

The Life of Pablo is coming to all streaming services on Friday including apple music!

Lmao at all the people who got TIDAL instead of tormenting or waiting for Spotify :lol:

I still haven't listened yet, but I'm excited. Seems like his most devisive album yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan H. said:

Lmao at all the people who got TIDAL instead of tormenting or waiting for Spotify :lol:

I still haven't listened yet, but I'm excited. Seems like his most devisive album yet

Yea getting TIDAL to listen to one exclusive album is pretty dumb!

I just torrented it, no way I way going to pay 10 bucks a month for TIDAL...

Word. I used Apple Music for a while, which I enjoyed the most, but my iPhone broke and I'm using an Android tracphone now, so I have Spotify. For the most part it's pretty good, just a few aspects that are a little weaker than Apple.

Glad he is releasing it on other mediums, but given that he is no longer manufacturing physical copies, it's not very surprising

5 hours ago, Dan H. said:

Word. I used Apple Music for a while, which I enjoyed the most, but my iPhone broke and I'm using an Android tracphone now, so I have Spotify. For the most part it's pretty good, just a few aspects that are a little weaker than Apple.

Glad he is releasing it on other mediums, but given that he is no longer manufacturing physical copies, it's not very surprising

Yeah I use Apple Music and have no problems with it!

A bunch of the songs got changed/remastered the other day on Tidal. A lot of it is minor but it actually has breathed some new life into the album. Some songs benefit more noticeably from the changes than others. Here is a list of the changes:

"Ultralight Beam": Not only are the choir parts mixed with a bit more reverb this time around, but Lil Chano From 79th gets an extra line to croon at 2:44 with "no one can judge," originally from the Saturday Night Live performance of the track.

"Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1": A gorgeous flux of harmonizing background vocals appear towards the end of Kanye's verse on "I wanna wake up with you." Audiophiles may notice a bit of a more crisp beat. 

"Pt. 2": The production has been fine-tuned so that the instrumental feels more substantial and the mixing on Kanye's vocals sound less grating. 

"Famous": Rihanna's vocals are turned down a notch and the echoing on Swizz's blips is more evident. "She be Puerto Rican day parade waving" was updated to read "she in school to be a real estate agent," and Nina Simone's vocals pop up beneath that fire Sister Nancy sample. 

"Feedback": The beat has been completely revised to sound less warped and with more of a bass presence. The overall track is a few seconds shorter. 

"Highlights": The backing beat is much more present. Young Thug's vocal part lends itself to a slightly less abrasive mixing.

"Freestyle 4": An ominous instrumental briefly flares up at 0:45 and the back half of the track is substantially more synthy. There's a subtle cleaning-up on the beat.

"Waves": The undulating synths are much more noticeable, and the mixing has been revised so that the entire track sounds smoother and warmer. Kanye re-recorded his first verse and it's less buried amid the production.

"FML": Again, the vocals are much more present on the latest iteration of this track. The inclusion of backing vocals on the second round of The Weeknd's hook especially add more depth to the song's nu-gospel vibes.

"30 Hours": Kanye reverts the track to appear more like the version that first popped up on Soundcloud by tossing in a beat pause for the Victoria's Secret line. But then, in perhaps the most awkward of changes, the outro gets thrown off when the vocals and beat don't align like they did in the original, slightly disrupting the track's flow. And, in case you were wondering, still no full verse from André 3000.

"No More Parties In LA": Ending transition made smoother

"Fade": Many of the quirks and embellishments buried in the production of the original, such as the chopped vocal sample, are nixed in favor of a more minimal backing track. Kanye does give this version a proper outro, however, allowing the album to end with a triumphant "I can feel it," rather than midway through a groove.

Edited by Jakey Styley

15 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

A bunch of the songs got changed/remastered the other day on Tidal. A lot of it is minor but it actually has breathed some new life into the album. Some songs benefit more noticeably from the changes than others. Here is a list of the changes:

Cool, thanks for posting 

I know a lot of people don't get it, or flat-out hate it. But I love this thing of constantly improving upon/changing the songs, it sort of feels like you're truly seeing his progression of thought with the album. It's nice to listen to a song so much, and then when he's changed it see how it's changed with the new version.

Like when remastered or lost scenes are added into films.

On 4/8/2016 at 7:21 PM, toroymoi said:

I know a lot of people don't get it, or flat-out hate it. But I love this thing of constantly improving upon/changing the songs, it sort of feels like you're truly seeing his progression of thought with the album. It's nice to listen to a song so much, and then when he's changed it see how it's changed with the new version.

Like when remastered or lost scenes are added into films.

I just find it annoying, I don't think the album was ready to be released when it did...

• Like 2

On 4/11/2016 at 5:45 AM, PsychoKiss344 said:

I just find it annoying, I don't think the album was ready to be released when it did...

I get that, I did find it annoying when I went to listen to it the other day, only to find out he'd taken it off Apple Music to make changes. I just hope that he doesn't use the same method for his next album, and that is released when it's truly finished. I like the idea of an album that he's constantly adding to, but I don't think he went big enough with the idea for it to work for multiple ones.

I don't even like the idea of changing/updating albums. I think it's pretty ridiculous. Either the album is finished or it isn't. It's a pretty black and white endeavour. I think Kanye's trying too hard to make this some kind of event, when in reality, it just looks like the album isn't finished. He has Wolves with Sia in it, then she's removed in the "released version", but then she's put back in for what is considered an "updated version" of the song. It's more like Kanye sees people on Twitter that are upset with how the songs have turned out, and decides to splice his songs apart to try to please as many people as possible.

It all just undermines the whole point of an album format. And really, Kanye should know better. This is a guy who releases new music on a regular basis for GOOD Fridays. Not even sure if he's still doing that, but he was for a bit. That whole exercise is perfect for releasing music that doesn't quite fit on an album, allowing you to release it to the masses via streaming services, iTunes, etc. Why even bother naming an album, half-assing its release, re-releasing songs, etc., when you can just release these new versions as a GOOD Friday thing? The whole 'The Life Of Pablo' as an album is totally lost and up its own ass at this point.

6 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Thanks!

A$AP is also one of my favourite rappers!

NP! Rocky's a fave of mine too, he always seems so underrated. ALLA is a great album, and the L$D vid is practically art imo. He's consistently delivering great music.

I feel bad for him because I'm pretty sure Coachella cut off his set.

Edited by toroymoi

9 hours ago, toroymoi said:

NP! Rocky's a fave of mine too, he always seems so underrated. ALLA is a great album, and the L$D vid is practically art imo. He's consistently delivering great music.

I feel bad for him because I'm pretty sure Coachella cut off his set.

Yeah he is pretty underrated!

L$D is a great video, love that song too!

I've seen him live twice now, 2013 & 2015....he was great both times

13 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Yeah he is pretty underrated!

L$D is a great video, love that song too!

I've seen him live twice now, 2013 & 2015....he was great both times

I've not seen him live yet, there's always something objectively more important getting in the way whenever he comes here. One day though... lol.

It always seems like he gets a push, but on the large, people don't connect to him. It's a shame, but at least he's got a loyal and consistent base of fans.

3 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

I've not seen him live yet, there's always something objectively more important getting in the way whenever he comes here. One day though... lol.

It always seems like he gets a push, but on the large, people don't connect to him. It's a shame, but at least he's got a loyal and consistent base of fans.

He's for sure worth seeing!

& yea kinda the same thing with Tyler, The Creator... both have diehard fan followings

4 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

He's for sure worth seeing!

& yea kinda the same thing with Tyler, The Creator... both have diehard fan followings

The good recommendation is making me even more bitter that I've not seen him yet.

Tyler's situation was so strange, it felt so sudden. Especially since the entire OFWGKTA group fell apart; Frank never really seemed to 'fit in', Earl seeming to be too mellow for their vibe, Tyler beefing with Hodgy Beats etc.

At least they know they can count on the fans that are still there after they fall.

2 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

The good recommendation is making me even more bitter that I've not seen him yet.

Tyler's situation was so strange, it felt so sudden. Especially since the entire OFWGKTA group fell apart; Frank never really seemed to 'fit in', Earl seeming to be too mellow for their vibe, Tyler beefing with Hodgy Beats etc.

At least they know they can count on the fans that are still there after they fall.

Odd Future were my favourite rap group for a couple years, I loved the uniqueness of them!

I still don't understand what happened to them and it was a pretty quick "fall"

I hope they come back soon