Designs Aside, Hows the Quality of Ashbaswag?

ChristmasFnatic

I don't know about the clothing but I remember a thread where someone pointed out that the hats (the ones Axl wears) could be bought on Ebay for about 5.99 straight from China (minus the ashbaswag logo obviously). His mark up is clearly huge at least on some of the items. I get that he is in it to make money but I'm not a fan of cheap labour or the fact it is mostly worn by teenage girls who don't realise they can get it cheaper (or maybe don't care). Capitalism in action. Get in the ring motherfucker!

I don't know about the clothing but I remember a thread where someone pointed out that the hats (the ones Axl wears) could be bought on Ebay for about 5.99 straight from China (minus the ashbaswag logo obviously). His mark up is clearly huge at least on some of the items. I get that he is in it to make money but I'm not a fan of cheap labour or the fact it is mostly worn by teenage girls who don't realise they can get it cheaper (or maybe don't care). Capitalism in action. Get in the ring motherfucker!

I can't comment on the quality but you have a point about capitalism. People buy shit that 1) they don't really need or 2) they can get much cheaper without the logo/branding. However, most chinese knock-offs I've seen (jeans, purses, Air Jordans etc...) might look similar but the quality usually is really lacking.

I can't comment on the quality but you have a point about capitalism. People buy shit that 1) they don't really need or 2) they can get much cheaper without the logo/branding. However, most chinese knock-offs I've seen (jeans, purses, Air Jordans etc...) might look similar but the quality usually is really lacking.

I don't think the Ebay hats are knock offs of ashbaswag though, he's not quite Tommy Hilfiger yet. I think he buys in bulk from China then adds his own label to them (as do a lot of clothing companies). It's just that the mark up on these hats are huge.

I don't think the Ebay hats are knock offs of ashbaswag though, he's not quite Tommy Hilfiger yet. I think he buys in bulk from China then adds his own label to them (as do a lot of clothing companies). It's just that the mark up on these hats are huge.

Gotcha, like adding a company logo to generic pens and hats.

His designs are quite out there and unique so can you post a link to the ebay item (or thread) you ever come across another one?

Did a quick look and he claims it's custom made in the USA. :shrugs:

I wouldn't put too much stock into those labels. It might have been made in China but the logo was put on in USA so all of the sudden it is "Made in USA". Shady. This goes for many items out there.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=171046844737&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=19054726184

Here's US seller with them on Ebay. Just one of many generic beanie hats dropshipped from China.

Item location is South Korea. I wonder how much it would cost someone to buy and have it shipped to the US (compared to buying from DJ) and also know if this is a knockoff of DJ's design or the other way around.

Item location:
Goyang Si Deokyang-gu, Gyeonggi-Do, default, Korea, South

I have seen them on Ebay for around 6 Uk pounds with free or minimal shipping. I think shipping can taking up to a couple of weeks worldwide. I suspect it is exactly the same hat. I actually quite like it but wouldn't pay big bucks just for the addition of an Ashba logo. If you want a hat like Axl's buy one in every colour from Ebay at a fraction of a price (although bear in mind it's still sweatshop stuff!)

It probably wouldn't cost that much. South Korea is a pretty solid ally with a FTA.

International shipping is around $10 or something I think.

That's not bad (not that I'm gonna order it or anything). Consumers should definitely do their research though.

I have seen them on Ebay for around 6 Uk pounds with free or minimal shipping. I think shipping can taking up to a couple of weeks worldwide. I suspect it is exactly the same hat. I actually quite like it but wouldn't pay big bucks just for the addition of an Ashba logo. If you want a hat like Axl's buy one in every colour from Ebay at a fraction of a price (although bear in mind it's still sweatshop stuff!)

I like the beenie as well but it isn't the logo that bothers me. It's the word "swag" - i'm too old for that :P

Although, it would be decent for snowboarding. #jailbait

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=171046844737&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=19054726184

Here's US seller with them on Ebay. Just one of many generic beanie hats dropshipped from China.

He charges $35 for that?

15 on Ebay

10 for shipping

$25 versus the $35 + shipping for the same hat with a logo? LOL

I have seen them for even less than the link I posted and with free worldwide shipping so shop around on Ebay also.

After shipping, the plain charcoal grey hoodie on his site (I think the Ashba logo is really small and on the side) is almost $100. I bought a similar one on ebay for $20, free shipping.

In Vegas, the girl in front of me had one of the Ashbaswag beanies. They're just normal cheap beanies with rings pierced into one side and an Ashba logo :shrugs: We also met a DJ fan who'd met him the previous night and got his autograph tattoo'd on the back of her neck.... :vomit:

Edited by RickRoses

I like the beenie as well but it isn't the logo that bothers me. It's the word "swag" - i'm too old for that :P

Me too. I just feel a bit sorry for the teenagers who pay top whack because they want the swag bit. I guess this is because I am old now!

*remembers buying overpriced crap for logos as teenager*

Maybe we should have a pinned thread for non logo swag items for those who want to look like cut price DJ ;-)

Me too. I just feel a bit sorry for the teenagers who pay top whack because they want the swag bit. I guess this is because I am old now!

Maybe we should have a pinned thread for non logo swag items for those who want to look like cut price DJ ;-)

I think that's a good idea but maybe put it in Anything Goes so people can include all brands, not just Ashbaswag.

I think that's a good idea but maybe put it in Anything Goes so people can include all brands, not just Ashbaswag.

A lot of people don't even visit Anything Goes. Fans of DJ or GNR that are thinking of copying the look could benefit more from the topic being in the most relevant section... The DJ and GNR section.

A lot of people don't even visit Anything Goes. Fans of DJ or GNR that are thinking of copying the look could benefit more from the topic being in the most relevant section... The DJ and GNR section.

I thought AG was the most populated sub-forum? Also, that thread would have included Ashbaswag but open to all brands.