Rockstar behavior that annoys everyone

twenty-nine

Taken from Yahoo...

http://music.yahoo.com/news/10-most-annoying-rock-star-behaviors-140022852-rolling-stone.html

1. Show up ridiculously late

Rock stars aren't accountants and nobody expects them to take the stage at the precise moment listed on the ticket. We get that. A little late is good, even. It gives everyone time to park, deal with will call, wait in the bathroom line and get a beer. But some artists routinely take the stage two, three or even four hours late; Axl Rose and Lauryn Hill, we're looking squarely at you here.
The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors
On the weekend, it's kind of okay because you can sleep in the next day, but on a weeknight, it's just infuriating. Guns N' Roses started some shows on their last American tour after midnight. Forty-five minutes after the opening act ends is about as late as it should go. Axl and Lauryn, we all love you, but we're sick of this bulls***. It's also extended into their ability to create new music, but that's a whole other story.

We have to give credit where credit is due. Axl seems to start almost all the shows on time now. They came on an hour after the opening band when I saw them about a year ago. I have no complaints about that!

But ya, Axl's past diva behavior about show times is one of the reasons that Izzy, Duff and Slash are no longer in the band. And that Axl is now playing bowling alleys and has released one album in the last 20 years.

Too bad Guns don't show up late anymore...

And when they did it was ok because all the nutswingers came out of the woodwork with a litany of excuses and attempts to rationalise Axl's behaviour. Now he is on time or thereabouts it is all cool and the gang because Axl suddenly cares if you can get public transport home, he now cares if you have a young family, he now cares if you have work in the morning and he now cares to warm up earlier than he usually does. Everything is ok in the world :lol:

The waiting is fkn pathetic. I'm glad he's sorting his bullshit now but I've waited for the prima donna for 2 hours in Rio, show began 1 am. Most of the crowd was exhausted before the show thanks to Mr. Axl "I forgot my sunglasses in the hotel so I can't get on stage" Rose.

Axl shouldn't have been late to arena shows when he was trying to get nuGuns off the ground. A lot of people turned on the band in 2002. and haven't forgiven him for it. He wanted the name badly, but part of the responsibility of the GNR name is having to do damage control when he fucks up.

Well, I went to a Kiss show on monday and there was maybe a 20-30 min cap between the opening act and Kiss. So, you can be on time if you want to and are prepared.

That article on Yahoo was crap, though.