Nine Inch Nails 2013 Tour / Hesitation Marks Thread

Zint

With Teeth is pure garbage.

NIN doesn't do garbage. Most people were happy Trent still had the capacity to create. The record has a certain sentimental value.

I do accept that this record could be more enjoyable than all post-2000 NIN releases.

I will admit that With Teeth isn't the strongest but the sentimentality surrounding it means I hold it in quite high regard.

Definitely. Few other NIN records have such a backstory and struggle. I do firmly believe however that in terms of content HM could be the strongest since The Fragile.

^^^^^^ All other Nin albums combined have way fewer songs I never want to hear again than WT manages by itself. I thought WT was loaded with tracks where TR is failing miserably in what he is trying to do. Opening track, You know what you are, that terrible phony agressive song which name I have luckily forgotten are all extremely cringe worthy. Also, I hated the live incarnation. Bad chemistry. The guitarist was in wrong band and was very awkward to watch live. He ' does it all wrong' in similar way DJ manages. Obviously in more manageable scale but still.

.... On the other hand, WT also has like half a dozen of utterly awesome songs that I love to bits. Sunspots, title track are beautiful songs and surely among best lyrics TR has ever managed. I'm betting most everyone who has ever had unhealthy addiction to anything at all finds *something* special from the lyrics there. Maybe it goes for the album as a whole.

But yeah imo it certainly isn't a great album in any traditional sense of the word; Idea that I'd ever sit down and listen to it from start to end is ridiclous;o

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2013/201306xxrehearsals.html < - - - Soundboard quality band rehersals from few months back. Loving this. I can't believe how great they sound together.

Edited by LTD

The rehearsals are actually as enjoyable as the record in the sense that you can really gauge the fruits of this incarnation. With this wealth of music at my disposal, I'm on a total NIN binge.

The rehearsals are actually as enjoyable as the record in the sense that you can really gauge the fruits of this incarnation. With this wealth of music at my disposal, I'm on a total NIN binge.

Sure is nice summer to have ears.

http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2013/20130825.html

Video of Reading show. Audio and video both somewhere between DVD and Holy Shit:o in quality.

This live incarnation is something special, honestly. I wager they shall fuck Northern America in ass this fall.

Edited by LTD

BS, that was perhaps the most nooby thing you have ever done. :lol:

What I know for a fact is that Lindsey plays on three songs but those three songs haven't been confirmed. One can obviously speculate but I'm going to wait and decipher when I get the booklet.

Where did you hear 3 songs? That's definitely his banjo at about 3:30 onwards in In Two.

EDIT: Googled it, you're right, three tracks. So far I've got In Two, While I'm Still Here... Wonder what the 3rd one is?

Edited by Amir

That's pretty cool, doubt I'll be able to tell the difference after a decade of blasting music into my eardrums at full volume. Though the bass on Satellite on a decent set of Sennheiser over-the-ear headphones (only 30 quid) was amazing.

There's an "audiophile mastered version" for people who order the album though nin.com

I was going to order it through them anyway, but that pushed me to do it even more. Looking forward to listening to that version.

So happy I ordered it through there. What an awesome thing for the band to do. Very cool on their part.