Your favorite GnR solo

TombRaider

From what I can remember of Bucket's Nightrain, it was just a load of shredding. But if you think that is superior to Slash's original, fair enough. Axl fans have shocked me on greater things.

Edited by DieselDaisy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm... have you actually heard Buckethead's solo? I'm not talking about the solo in the middle of the song after the first chorus, I'm talking about the long extended outro solo. It is not based on Slash's original solo in any way, shape or form. It's entirely different. The only thing that's the same is the backing music. There's not even a single Slash lick in BH's version.

Yes, I've heard his solo and let it be known that he used to change that solo from gig to gig. Buckethead is an awesome guitarist. In fact, it's hard for me to say which solo I enjoy more but if the question is "which one is better?" I'd have to say the original. And yes, it is based on Slash's second solo for sure. You don't need or have to play the exact same part, lick or note to base your solo on the original guitar parts. That's why I said "based on", you know? :lol:

Edited by Nosaj Thing