Your favorite GnR solo

TombRaider

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucket's Nightrain outro solo is second to none. I would give my left nut to hear a studio recording of that!!

As for recorded solos on the albums:

Old Guns:

Coma

SCOM

Nov Rain

Locomotive

Nu Guns:

Shacklers (the only GNR solo I've never heard anybody else successfully replicate)

Catcher In The Rye (Ron's guitar work on the final verse is sublime!)

All hail Ron Thal - guitar GOD!!

Edited by Towelie

These threads show just how stupid most of you are...."Your favourite GNR SOLO" not solo's SOLO and you guys come in rattling off an albums worth of solo's...

Estranged is the one I would pick.

Nightrain - Slash of course.

This is a good one. Slash wrote it so nothing beats that.

Buckethead wrote his solo too. The outro solo he played live in 2002 is completely different from Slash's and blows the original out of the water. IMO Bucket's Nightrain solo is even better than his TWAT solo.

Buckethead wrote his solo too. The outro solo he played live in 2002 is completely different from Slash's and blows the original out of the water. IMO Bucket's Nightrain solo is even better than his TWAT solo.

Nothing beats the original solo.

Even if Buckethead's take is awesome (I do love his solo), it is based on Slash's original solo. Without Slash's solo you wouldn't have the Buckethead's version to begin with. This is a fact, not an opinion.

If you enjoy more Buckethead's, that's great. I do enjoy his take as well but Slash wrote the solo so... unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to change that. :shrugs:

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Nothing beats the original solo.

Even if Buckethead's take is awesome (I do love his solo), it is based on Slash's original solo. Without Slash's solo you wouldn't have the Buckethead's version to begin with. This is a fact, not an opinion.

If you enjoy more Buckethead's, that's great. I do enjoy his take as well but Slash wrote the solo so... unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to change that. :shrugs:

Ummm... have you actually heard Buckethead's solo? I'm not talking about the solo in the middle of the song after the first chorus, I'm talking about the long extended outro solo. It is not based on Slash's original solo in any way, shape or form. It's entirely different. The only thing that's the same is the backing music. There's not even a single Slash lick in BH's version.

Really annoying that the album version is basically the only GNR song that repeats to fade at the end. So awesome hearing that solo live, frustrating hearing it fade out on AFD.

For me, above it all, has to be Slash's final November Rain outro. Even before I really got obsessed with GNR or even music in general, I always loved that solo.

1. Slash November Rain Outro Solo

2. Bucket TWAT Solo

3. Slash SCOM Solo