Your favorite Axl Rose quote

TombRaider

What's your favorite Axl Rose quote? Either from a song, an email, a tweet, a letter, a rant.

Mine is either:

Just because you're winnin don't mean you're the lucky one - Breakdown

or

Life doesn't owe you your own personal happy ending

I like remembering the first quote when things are going great. It sorta reminds me that things can pretty much blow up in your face when you least expect it. Maybe that's not what Axl meant when he wrote that, but I don't care. That's what it means to me.

And the second quote, well, I like remembering that one when I find myself thinking that things are not fair and that they should be the way I want them to be.

'November Rain' is a song about not wanting to be in a state of having to deal with unrequited love. 'Estranged' is acknowledging it, and being there and having to figure out what the fuck to do. It's like being catapulted out into the universe and having no choice about it and having to figure out what the fuck are you gonna do, because the things you wanted and worked for just cannot happen and there's nothing you can fucking do about it.

I listen to this every once in a while... kinda helps...

Edited by Lollapalooza

"Is anyone with an IQ over 50 gonna believe that shit?" (From Shotgun Blues)

"This song was not written by David Hasselhoff" (From 2006 rock am ring concert KOHD)

Edited by Fin

"Not to be an asshole, but the people in here are getting really fuckin' smashed. GNUUUUH, it's not cool, it's not real cool when people.are passin' out and shit.Startin' at the back, everybody try to take a step back. Come on, don't worry, we're gonna play for a fuckin' while man"

Or :before the breakup, talkin with Slash about Beta :

Slash - "It's because of your fuckin' wife!"

Axl "She's not my wife"

Edited by EvH

Or :before the breakup, talkin with Slash about Beta :

Slash - "It's because of your fuckin' wife!"

Axl "She's not my wife"

Where is this from?

'November Rain' is a song about not wanting to be in a state of having to deal with unrequited love. 'Estranged' is acknowledging it, and being there and having to figure out what the fuck to do. It's like being catapulted out into the universe and having no choice about it and having to figure out what the fuck are you gonna do, because the things you wanted and worked for just cannot happen and there's nothing you can fucking do about it.

I've always loved this quote. He's so sad here though. :(

Were playing songs were thinking of Not putting on the next record...Leeds 2006(?)

....and 12 of the songs on CD had been leaked or played in concert since 2001

Well I wouldnt say soon....MVA's

"I really really love Slash and his playing and i love workING with him again- hes even willing to do more Stephanie Seymour ballads with me. I called up all the fellas including Steven Adler and apologized for becoming a tyrant and they all forgave me for that difficult time in my life....you know we were all strung out on something and we dont remember anything after 1990 anyways. We all got together at my house and realized that even the old stuff really does sound better with all us originals playing it..I hope you fans of NuGNr understand and will learn to live with it. I came to a point in my life where I just couldnt continue to live a lie and dupe you people anymore ..and it wasnt fair to the new band that I just never felt motivated to write and record with them...so I had Beta terminate their contracts...and then I terminated Beta... this is a new song called...."Back in the Day" Axl , Madison Sq Gardens 2020

Were playing songs were thinking of Not putting on the next record...Leeds 2006(?)

....and 12 of the songs on CD had been leaked or played in concert since 2001

Well I wouldnt say soon....MVA's

"I really really love Slash and his playing and i love workING with him again- hes even willing to do more Stephanie Seymour ballads with me. I called up all the fellas including Steven Adler and apologized for becoming a tyrant and they all forgave me for that difficult time in my life....you know we were all strung out on something and we dont remember anything after 1990 anyways. We all got together at my house and realized that even the old stuff really does sound better with all us originals playing it..I hope you fans of NuGNr understand and will learn to live with it. I came to a point in my life where I just couldnt continue to live a lie and dupe you people anymore ..and it wasnt fair to the new band that I just never felt motivated to write and record with them...so I had Beta terminate their contracts...and then I terminated Beta... this is a new song called...."Back in the Day" Axl , Madison Sq Gardens 2020

And, Slash 2020;

"I really really love Axl and his singing and i love working with him again- hes even willing to do more "The Last Fight" ballads with me. I called up all the fellas including Steven Adler and apologized for becoming simple-minded and they all forgave me for that time in my life....you know we were all strung out on something and we dont remember anything after 1990 anyways. We all got together at my house and realized that even the old stuff really does sound better with all us originals playing it..I hope you fans of NuSnakepit understand and will learn to live with it. I came to a point in my life where I just couldnt continue to live a lie and dupe you people anymore ..and it wasnt fair to the new band that I just never felt motivated to write a relevant record with them...so I had Ellen terminate their contracts...and then I terminated Ellen... this is a new song called...."Back in the Day" Slash , Madison Sq Gardens 2020