Next set of excuses

Coma16

Do you even have reason to assume there is still a plan to release new material?

You only assume what benefits your position. Durp.

A reason is the upcoming release of the Vegas show.

In regarding "to only assume what benefits your position", that's pretty funny. So funny I would have to call it nutty.

I agree it's nutty. Just like assuming there was an imminent release that was pushed back. :rofl-lol:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even have reason to assume there is still a plan to release new material?

You only assume what benefits your position. Durp.

I wouldn't have "the position" I have unless it honestly thought it was true, so that is circle logic from your side.

I'd be the first to admit I am not extremely confident Axl has plans of releasing music again. Like everyone else, I am disconcerted about his original plan of releasing three records in rapid succession falling through and the absence of clear statements about new music in the future from him.

That being said, as long as Axl doesn't explicitly or implicitly deny there will be new music, then I revert to his statements from earlier that he wants to release more music. This is substantiated by the the numerous quotes from band members that imply the band will release new music, which I must assume wouldn't have been said unless Axl has told them this is actually his intention for the band. Even if the band is dysfunctional and there being little communications between Axl and the rest of the band, I believe they are in a much better position to assess Axl's intentions than you or I.

I believe Axl has realized he should be very careful about what he discloses to his fans because it is bound to either backfire or be mis-interpreted. In addition, I don't think he really cares what we on the fan forums think. He knows a new record will sell regardless of him keeping us in the dark. I also believe there have been some snags that caused the original plan to be discarded (problems with the label? problems with former members? problems with the band wanting to create new music and not release old music?). It might also be that he has been having too much fun touring and doing other things to even think about new music.

Do you think Axl would come out and tell you if they weren't planning to release anything?

If he was 100 % certain he would not release new music in the future then I not only think he would say this but also stop touring.

As I said, I am not extremely confident that he will release again, although I most certainly think so. It could be that he hasn't decided for himself if he wants to do it and is currently looking for his muse, and that this is the reason why he has been sort of ambivalent in his statements lately.

We do know he is a fickle guy and that he takes an indeterminate amount of time to reach his goals. Just have patience and he will tell us his plans. It is the over-confidence of people, both those that are saying it won't happen and those that say it will happen this year, that comes of as a little jumping to conclusions.

Why would he have to stop touring? He's making money with the nostalgia thing.

Just because he wouldn't care about releasing anything else doesn't mean he doesn't want to make money. More of those assumptions.

What has you convinced that he would tell you he doesn't have plans to release? Is there something from the past you can base it on?

Why would he have to stop touring? He's making money with the nostalgia thing.

Just because he wouldn't care about releasing anything else doesn't mean he doesn't want to make money. More of those assumptions.

What has you convinced that he would tell you he doesn't have plans to release? Is there something from the past you can base it on?

He wouldn't have to stop touring, I just don't think he would do it.

Axl has always been pretty frank about his plans. I don't think this has changed. Sooner or later he will tell us.

Didn't Axl say that he was going to focus on CD for quite a while? That's exactly what happened and now is the time move on.

What makes you think that the CDII release was imminent?

What I find interesting are the things that make these wild theories come out.

Axl is homossexual. He doesn't have a wife so HE HAS to be gay. Sorry for the OT

I don't have a wife

That means i'm gay?

When is the heterosexual definition contains that you MUST have been married ?

fuckhead, go home

i'm sorry stupid idiot. i was just making fun of the other posters who posted things as facts without anything to prove their points. sorry if you didn't get it stupid idiot. go home, stupid.

Pretty frank about his plans? Definitely maybe just a little bit frank?

The only outcome of announcing that he isn't releasing anything else would be a negative. And pretty stupid.

Yes, he has a history of being brutally honest about things. I have already told you some hypotheses for why he might be reluctant to share his plans right now. That doesn't mean I don't think a time will come when he sit down and tell us about his plans again.

I don't think Axl cares about the negative repercussions from announcing that he is retiring as a creative artist. He hasn't cared about what people think before. He would still be able to tour the world playing the back catalogue and living comfortably off royalties, if that was his intention. I don't think that would happen though, I think he would disappear.

Edited by SoulMonster

Fuck a hypothesis. What is "frank" about definite maybe? Axl has always been cryptic, not frank.

You don't think potential negativity is something Axl cares about? I wonder why he finally shows up on time, now. Plus, I wonder how loyal his current bandmates would be after finding out they wont be releasing any new music. You don't think Axl cares about more people leaving if he announced the end of original nugnr material? I find that very hard to believe.

Fuck a hypothesis. What is "frank" about definite maybe? Axl has always been cryptic, not frank.

You don't think potential negativity is something Axl cares about? I wonder why he finally shows up on time, now. Plus, I wonder how loyal his current bandmates would be after finding out they wont be releasing any new music. You don't think Axl cares about more people leaving if he announced the end of original nugnr material? I find that very hard to believe.

I have already told you why I believe he won't be frank right now. I am not going to "fuck" my reasons for believing so just because you disagree ;).

Correct, I don't think Axl cares much about bad PR. And if his band members left he could easily find new ones who would be content about touring as a nostalgia act, BUT, as I have said many times, if Axl came to the decision that he wasn't to release ever again, then I believe he would retire and disband the band, so he wouldn't be afraid of telling the truth out of fear of losing his band mates. But I guess you want me to "fuck" that belief of mine, too?

You can't say he has ALWAYS been frank while admitting he is being cryptic. You're just arguing to argue.

Yea, I bet Axl would be fine to watch Ashba and his supposed commercial appeal walking away. Not really.

Edited by Rustycage

You can't say he has ALWAYS been frank while admitting he is being cryptic. You're just arguing to argue.

Yea, I bet Axl would be fine to watch Ashba and his supposed commercial appeal walking away. Not really.

I have never said he is ALWAYS frank. Please just spend some more time trying to understand the simple sentences I write.

Axl has always been pretty frank about his plans.

"Grrrr. let me call you stupid when I'm the one contradicting myself. Grrrr"

"Definite maybe is pretty frank" - SmileMonster

PRETTY frank....

And that's how conspiracy theorists work...

What's pretty frank about "Definite maybe?"

Enough of this stupid merry go round. You're ridiculous.

And we are back to me having to explain why I believe Axl has decided to not talk about when new music will be released again! RustyCage, just go back and read what I wrote the last time, it really hasn't changed during these last few minutes. But nice diversion there from your embarrassing failure at proving that I have said Axl is "always frank", I am sure no one noticed it.

Still no direct answer.

What is pretty frank about definite maybe?

"Always pretty frank."

PRETTY frank....

Are you going to answer my questions or just bob up occasionally for air??

Why did you make the assumption that CDII was set for imminent release but pulled? What did you base that on?

Still no direct answer.

"Always pretty frank."

PRETTY frank....

Are you going to answer my questions or just bob up occasionally for air??

Why did you make the assumption that CDII was set for imminent release but pulled? What did you base that on?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/199964-next-set-of-excuses/?p=3461620

Still no direct answer.

"Always pretty frank."

As I said before, he has always been pretty frank but it seems to me he now has reasons to be more cautious about disclosing any potential plans he might have, but that if we just wait he will be sit down and tell us again.