Next set of excuses

Coma16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be old songs (will DJ be on them?) and maybe a few of the CD remixes with DJ that were supposed to come out in 2011.

And to confirm, this is not official and there are no sources. Just discussion about something other than reunion and man boobs.

There has to be a new album this year. It's the only thing that makes sense.

The guys will not continue any longer without THEIR album being put out.

So Coma is right an album is coming.

So you say an album is coming out this year right? I say that's not gonna happen. How about $100 and a case of beer? You down?

in an alternative universe perhaps.

Here is where GNR fucking drives me crazy...A simple straightforward Public Relations spot could do wonders.

"Hello fans, we are currrently working on some new material that we intend to release for the Christmas market. The band is currently working individually on various parts of this album and will be through the summer as touring proceeds. We are hearing some amazing things and we here at Camp Malibu are are getting excited to let our long time fans hear this material. Stay tuned in for previews of some of the new material as we showcase it at concerts later this summer.

30 seconds of typing that would set the fanbase on fire.

-VS- In the interest of national security the NSA has determined that there is in fact no actual GNR nor is there any proof at this time that said band exists. We are currently monitoring the situation and can confirm that there is nothing to the speculation and rumors that new music by said individuals posing as GNR will be unleashed on a gullible and rather nieve public. We are working with other govermental agencys who also deny any imformation to this rumoured NuGNR music release. Move along people move along...nothing to hear here..nothing to hear here.

I believe Axl has realized that there's no point in giving out press releases about the state of GN'R and their plans, because he knows from history that he will not be able to fullfill them. So better to just keep quiet.

There is no negative in saying, "we plan to release a new album but that date is yet to be determined."

There are plenty of options of communication that aren't dangerous. The method of defense for this total incompetency of management is comical.

There has to be a new album this year. It's the only thing that makes sense.

The guys will not continue any longer without THEIR album being put out.

So Coma is right an album is coming.

We're going to hold you to this statement.

No new Axl music, ever.

I believe Axl has realized that there's no point in giving out press releases about the state of GN'R and their plans, because he knows from history that he will not be able to fullfill them. So better to just keep quiet.

There is no negative in saying, "we plan to release a new album but that date is yet to be determined."

Oh, I agree. But has anything happened recently that negates the numerous previous statements from Axl that implies he intend to release more music? Does he really need to explicitly repeat such statements every year?

Don't get me wrong, I would love for the band to be more communicative in regards to plans. Not only to fans, but also among themselves ;). I just don't interpret the fact that Axl hasn't said anything about the current plans as some evidence for there not being any plans. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Edited by SoulMonster

Do you mean other than:

• BBF confirming that they haven't recorded for a new album.
  • The band being on constant tours and NOT in the studio mixing the CD session material
  • "Definite maybe"
  • not even one new song played live

There is no evidence to suggest that there are plans or efforts being made so, yes, if you want people to believe there is something on the horizon, and there's nothing out there to suggest it, get off your ass and tell people what's going on. That's called PR.

Do you mean other than:

• The band being on constant tours and NOT in the studio mixing the CD session material
  • "Definite maybe"

There is no evidence to suggest that there are plans or efforts being made so, yes, if you want people to believe there is something on the horizon, and there's nothing out there to suggest it, get off your ass and tell people what's going on. That's called PR.

- doesn't mean that CD-session songs aren't complete or that he could be lying to you

- you don't really know. Going Down was on the Rio setlist remember? Also, Dizzy eluded to a new song being played in Russia (or was it Ireland).

- sounds somewhat promising

- why would they play a new song live if a release isn't locked in? They don't want another CD-type of release to happen.

- doesn't mean that CD-session songs aren't complete or that he could be lying to you

Why would BBF lie? There's also nothing to suggest that CD sessions ARE complete. Wishful thinking. Until there is something to base the assumption on, most GNR fans that were around before CD's release know not to assume shit is coming.

- you don't really know. Going Down was on the Rio setlist remember? Also, Dizzy eluded to a new song being played in Russia (or was it Ireland).

Ashba also hinted at something new being played in Vegas. It's a promotional tool. It's bullshit.

Definite maybe sounds promising to you? You're being mocked and don't even realize it.

- why would they play a new song live if a release isn't locked in? They don't want another CD-type of release to happen.

So then why did you only a few sentences back refer to their promotion of shows about playing new songs? Make up your mind.

YOU just started a topic to complain and whine about people BEFORE anything negative even happened. Think about that.

i still don't understand whats happening.......... CD outtakes n demos ?, CD2, Red Panda? WTF?

It is just confusion in regards to what the next record from Guns N' Roses will contain, completely new songs written by the band, old songs from the CD session, of a mix of these two. Band members have talked about finishing old songs but also about working on new material (although separately or on smaller groups), so we have no idea, frankly.

If new music is due this year then surely it must be comprised of old material, Axl can't possibly write, record and release a record in less than one year.

agreed

but Axl said some fan in Australia (maybe redhead, i'm not sure?) that he want to release Silkworms in this year "on some form" or something like this

I personally think the 30th annyiversary are a perfect opportunity to release something new

Do you mean other than:

• "Definite maybe"

Sadly, I don't think the rest of the band would be informed of any plans Axl might have. That is sort of my point of there not being sufficient communication inside the band. As for Axl's definite maybe, I can't really interpret that either way except for him, again, refusing to be specific. Lesson learned. And the absence of new songs played or the band not recording together, doesn't really mean anything in regards to whether Axl has a plan of releasing new music in the future. IT just tells us that NOT MUCH is happening right now in regard to executing whatever plan Axl might have.

Regarding the alleged Axl tweet, I think that 2012 was supposed to be the year.

I remain optimistic though, that some songs will be released this year one way or another. *crosses fingers*

Edited by gavgnr

Why would BBF lie? There's also nothing to suggest that CD sessions ARE complete. Wishful thinking. Until there is something to base the assumption on, most GNR fans that were around before CD's release know not to assume shit is coming.

Ashba also hinted at something new being played in Vegas. It's a promotional tool. It's bullshit.

Definite maybe sounds promising to you? You're being mocked and don't even realize it.

So then why did you only a few sentences back refer to their promotion of shows about playing new songs? Make up your mind.

I really don't know. Maybe a release was iminent but got pushed back? Maybe Dizzy/DJ spoke when they shouldn't have.

Axl is homossexual. He doesn't have a wife so HE HAS to be gay. Sorry for the OT

I don't have a wife

That means i'm gay?

When is the heterosexual definition contains that you MUST have been married ?

fuckhead, go home

Edited by Crash Diet

Do you even have reason to assume there is still a plan to release new material?

You only assume what benefits your position. Durp.

I really don't know. Maybe a release was iminent but got pushed back? Maybe Dizzy/DJ spoke when they shouldn't have.

Why refer to them at all then?

You believe a release was imminent and pushed back? :rofl-lol:

Do you even have reason to assume there is still a plan to release new material?

You only assume what benefits your position. Durp.

A reason is the upcoming release of the Vegas show.

In regarding "to only assume what benefits your position", that's pretty funny. So funny I would have to call it nutty.