Next set of excuses

Coma16

Still no direct answer.

What is pretty frank about definite maybe?

"Always pretty frank."

Axl has always been pretty frank about his plans.

"Grrrr. let me call you stupid when I'm the one contradicting myself. Grrrr"

"Definite maybe is pretty frank" - SmileMonster

PRETTY frank....

And that's how conspiracy theorists work...

Are you going to answer my questions or just bob up occasionally for air??

Why did you make the assumption that CDII was set for imminent release but pulled? What did you base that on?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/199964-next-set-of-excuses/?p=3461620

Again, what's the basis for your assumption? That doesn't answer the question.

You explained the fake promo of new songs being played at gigs because of a pulled release. WHAT release?

Still no direct answer.

"Always pretty frank."

As I said before, he has always been pretty frank but it seems to me he now has reasons to be more cautious about disclosing any potential plans he might have, but that if we just wait he will be sit down and tell us again.

No, what you said before was the he has always been pretty frank. Then tried to call me stupid or misinformed about you making the claim. I've shown you that claim.

Definite maybe is NOT "pretty frank." ;)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you make the assumption that CDII was set for imminent release but pulled? What did you base that on?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/199964-next-set-of-excuses/?p=3461620

You explained the fake promo of new songs being played at gigs because of a pulled release. WHAT release?

The DVD that should be announced soon? Or did you not see that as one of the 3 points i listed off? I swear I think sometimes you like to hear yourself argue just for the heck of it.

The DVD that should be announced soon? Or did you not see that as one of the 3 points i listed off? I swear I think sometimes you like to hear yourself argue just for the heck of it.

What?

What does the DVD release have to do with the claim by a couple of band members promoting upcoming gigs with possible new songs being played?

Just say that you pulled that excuse out of your ass and be done with it.

- doesn't mean that CD-session songs aren't complete or that he could be lying to you

Why would BBF lie? There's also nothing to suggest that CD sessions ARE complete. Wishful thinking. Until there is something to base the assumption on, most GNR fans that were around before CD's release know not to assume shit is coming.

- you don't really know. Going Down was on the Rio setlist remember? Also, Dizzy eluded to a new song being played in Russia (or was it Ireland).

Ashba also hinted at something new being played in Vegas. It's a promotional tool. It's bullshit.

- sounds somewhat promising

Definite maybe sounds promising to you? You're being mocked and don't even realize it.

- why would they play a new song live if a release isn't locked in? They don't want another CD-type of release to happen.

So then why did you only a few sentences back refer to their promotion of shows about playing new songs? Make up your mind.

I really don't know. Maybe a release was iminent but got pushed back? Maybe Dizzy/DJ spoke when they shouldn't have.

What imminent release would make or break the promo of new songs being played?

What will people like... well you know the bunch criticize Axl/GNR when they release the CD sessions songs later this year?

It seems like you created this topic not to attack people and their supposed excuses, but to create your own baseless excuses as to why we haven't heard new songs live or through official release.

Off topic... i got the following error message: You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

People asked for reasons why I think a release is coming soon and I gave multiple reasons why I believe (see that?) that's the case.

What will people like... well you know the bunch criticize Axl/GNR when they release the CD sessions songs later this year?

It seems like you created this topic not to attack people and their supposed excuses, but to create your own baseless excuses as to why we haven't heard new songs live or through official release.

Sometimes you have to join their tactics to get through to them...

Off topic... i got the following error message: You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

People asked for reasons why I think a release is coming soon and I gave multiple reasons why I believe (see that?) that's the case.

/sigh

I quoted it again a couple of posts up.

What "pulled imminent release" prevented nugnr from playing new songs at gigs as promo'd by Dizzy and DJ? Did you create this topic to make up your own excuses?

/sigh

What "pulled imminent release" prevented nugnr from playing new songs at gigs as promo'd by Dizzy and DJ? Did you create this topic to make up your own excuses?

Rusty: I believe a release was on the books in 2011 and or whatever reason it didn't go do down. The fact that it hasn't been released may have prevented the songs from being played in a live setting. I can't speak on why DJ (I don't think he ever actually said new songs were going to be played) or primarily Dizzy said that new songs would be played in 2012. Maybe they thought they would play them or maybe they should have kept silent. I can't say for certain...

/sigh

Rusty: I believe a release was on the books in 2011 and or whatever reason it didn't go do down. The fact that it hasn't been released may have prevented the songs from being played in a live setting. I can't speak on why DJ (I don't think he ever actually said new songs were going to be played) or primarily Dizzy said that new songs would be played in 2012. Maybe they thought they would play them or maybe they should have kept silent. I can't say for certain...

You only assume what benefits your position. Durp.

In regarding "to only assume what benefits your position", that's pretty funny. So funny I would have to call it nutty.

Like assuming(without anything to base it on) that there was an imminent CDII release set that didn't go through.

I think we can add this nutty assumption to the list of new excuses. Thanks, Coma16

There will be no more excuses from Axl, because he never officially stated he's going to release more music. So, he has nothing to excuse; all he has to do is walk around with Beta and eat everything in sight.

Comments like this make me laugh, and if that makes me a bitter, hateful, ex-fan cupcake then I guess that's what I am :)

Rusty - nice attempt to add some logic back to this topic.

I don't know what happened to Coma. She used to be one of the better posters amongst that group that defends Axl's every move.

But the last couple of days it seems like trollmonster or volcano got ahold of her account or something.

A once sentence comment from Axl after a show in a parking lot, about a song, is now what the Cult Members are taking as fact and official comments from the band regarding future album releases? How do we know that Axl wasn't laughing or being sarcastic about releasing a song that will more than likely never see the light of day?

The talk of a release of a DVD is now some sort of official news that the band is in tight with the label and a record will soon be released? Should we list past "events" that were talked about and never happened? How many years did Axl talk about CD before it was actually released? How'd that Better video and HD commercial turn out? Have we all enjoyed the 02 dvd? When the DVD is available for purchase - then we can talk.

Every day the touring continues the longer it will be before an album is released.

Like I mentioned earlier.

A new album could come out tomorrow, sell 20 million copies and produce 10 number one hits............and instead of celebrating that success, Coma and that group will still be on here complaining because a few random posters don't like one song on the album. Seems like they care MORE about attacking other posters than they do chatting about the band. Weird.

I'll let you know when it comes out....but if you think something is being released by GnR this year i have a bridge to sell you

Still no direct answer.

"Always pretty frank."

As I said before, he has always been pretty frank but it seems to me he now has reasons to be more cautious about disclosing any potential plans he might have, but that if we just wait he will be sit down and tell us again.

Its funny that just about every other band can discuss there plans, even if they dont have any plans to record an album, except axl. With axl, it's a litany of excuses, innuendo's and cryptic lawyer speak from a singer/songwriter. Axl has been anything but frank, except in calling slash a cancer.

Do you even have reason to assume there is still a plan to release new material?

You only assume what benefits your position. Durp.

I wouldn't have "the position" I have unless it honestly thought it was true, so that is circle logic from your side.

I'd be the first to admit I am not extremely confident Axl has plans of releasing music again. Like everyone else, I am disconcerted about his original plan of releasing three records in rapid succession falling through and the absence of clear statements about new music in the future from him.

That being said, as long as Axl doesn't explicitly or implicitly deny there will be new music, then I revert to his statements from earlier that he wants to release more music. This is substantiated by the the numerous quotes from band members that imply the band will release new music, which I must assume wouldn't have been said unless Axl has told them this is actually his intention for the band. Even if the band is dysfunctional and there being little communications between Axl and the rest of the band, I believe they are in a much better position to assess Axl's intentions than you or I.

I believe Axl has realized he should be very careful about what he discloses to his fans because it is bound to either backfire or be mis-interpreted. In addition, I don't think he really cares what we on the fan forums think. He knows a new record will sell regardless of him keeping us in the dark. I also believe there have been some snags that caused the original plan to be discarded (problems with the label? problems with former members? problems with the band wanting to create new music and not release old music?). It might also be that he has been having too much fun touring and doing other things to even think about new music.

Wow. That's heavy from somebody like you. Somebody who, not too long ago, walked around surely confident that there would certainly be new music from Axl released at some point. Somebody who would mock and laugh at people who thought opposite. What's changed?

I think generally comments about new material aren't really over analyzed in the mainstream media, not yet anyway. The record hasn't got a story quite yet. It's only internet forums. maybe this is where it will start though with "Not in this Life time, definite maybe, sure" as the launch pad.

lol dvd

lol soon

Still no direct answer.

"Always pretty frank."

No, what you said before was the he has always been pretty frank. Then tried to call me stupid or misinformed about you making the claim. I've shown you that claim.

Definite maybe is NOT "pretty frank." ;)

What I have said is that he has always been pretty frank so I expect him to tell us his plans soon.

There will be no more excuses from Axl, because he never officially stated he's going to release more music. So, he has nothing to excuse; all he has to do is walk around with Beta and eat everything in sight.

Comments like this make me laugh, and if that makes me a bitter, hateful, ex-fan cupcake then I guess that's what I am :)

I laughed too. Funny is funny.

Still no direct answer.

"Always pretty frank."

Its funny that just about every other band can discuss there plans, even if they dont have any plans to record an album, except axl. With axl, it's a litany of excuses, innuendo's and cryptic lawyer speak from a singer/songwriter. Axl has been anything but frank, except in calling slash a cancer.

All up to 2008 he was very informative about his plans. Then, after CD was released, he has been full of innuendoes. I believe he just isn't sure what his plans are at the moment and has realized that he should be very careful about not getting our and the crews hopes up. When he has plans that he is confident he will reach, then I am sure he will be vocal about them again.

i still don't understand whats happening.......... CD outtakes n demos ?, CD2, Red Panda? WTF?

It is just confusion in regards to what the next record from Guns N' Roses will contain, completely new songs written by the band, old songs from the CD session, of a mix of these two. Band members have talked about finishing old songs but also about working on new material (although separately or on smaller groups), so we have no idea, frankly.

If new music is due this year then surely it must be comprised of old material, Axl can't possibly write, record and release a record in less than one year.

so does the OP have a tracklisting?

Elvis Presley and The Monster Of Soul

Jackie Chan and The General Of Checkmate

Mel Gibson and The Ghost Of John Lennon

???