You just gotta love Axl's answer

TombRaider

Does anyone know why I sometimes just see a black box where the video should be! I'm on an iPad.

Are you using the full site or mobile site?
full site, but now I see it. Odd.

That is weird. I was thinking that it would be because the video wasn't in the proper format, but that wouldn't explain why it would appear randomly. What version of IOS are you running?

'Izzy were you going to say something then?'

' [pause] no.'

That's the really good (and legendary) part of that video. You gotta love Izzy.

Btw, if Axl imagined where Guns would be in 2013 and where Iron would be in 2013... he wouldn't say that.

Does anyone know why I sometimes just see a black box where the video should be! I'm on an iPad.

That is weird. I was thinking that it would be because the video wasn't in the proper format, but that wouldn't explain why it would appear randomly. What version of IOS are you running?

get on android, black box gone :)

Work won't allow Androids for security issues.

Looks like it's definitely a load problem with this version. Happens often but reloading seems to work most times.

You should clear your history, cookies and data from Safari. That should fix it for a while. It would be under Settings > Safari if you need any help getting there.

'Izzy were you going to say something then?'

' [pause] no.'

That's the really good (and legendary) part of that video. You gotta love Izzy.

Btw, if Axl imagined where Guns would be in 2013 and where Iron would be in 2013... he wouldn't say that.

this

Even if Axl wasn't joking, you gotta see where he's coming from. This was in 1988, when Maiden were touring one of their most ambitious albums ever: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Their stage was great, with the ice and the giant Eddie from the album cover, but it was also a little bit Spinal Tapish. GnR was a whole different thing. They were very raw at that time :shrugs:

shame Axl didn't take more from Maidens book tbh

GNR = AFD-UYI 1&2 thats it

Maiden on the other hand had "iron maiden" and "killers" with Di Annio and the "Number of the Beast" "Piece of Mind" "Powerslave" "Somewhere Back in Time" and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" before going downhill. Heck "Fear of the Dark" "Brave New World" and their most recent album ain't bad either.

Maiden has a totally different dynamic as a band, though, with Steve being the most prolific songwriter in the band. I recommend you read their official biography. You'll realize they're all good friends or at least get along just fine. They've never been heavy drinkers or junkies. I think that helps. :shrugs: And they have Rod Smallwood, probably the best manager a bad could ever have. Iron Maiden and GnR are two different beasts, totally different. GnR's self destruction was inevitable. Too many people with very serious drinking and drug abuse problems, a singer with a giant ego and a very short fuse, prone to throwing tantrums on stage... It was gonna happen sooner or later. Iron Maiden, on the other hand, seems to be the perfect band, at least now. And even when they fired the people they fired, the band was never in real danger of disappearing, not even when Bruce left. I think Maiden is a very stable band.

Edited by TombRaider