GN'R Montreal - July 14th

Montrealer

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might be way off here, but i was at this, and it seems to me that axl doesnt enjoy signing the old stuff... dont get me wrong, he did a great job, but he seemed way more into the chinese democracy stuff (catcher, til, better) it could have had alot to do with all the fans signing along to the classics, but imo he sounded best on the 3 songs i just mentionned... might also be that im used to the energy he used to have when he sang the old stuff, compare it to now, its not the same... the CD stuff came out in 08 so weve never seen 92-93 axl singing the new stuff, which means theres nothing to compare it to but... i just really felt more energy on the newer songs, he seemed alot more motivated to perform the stuff that the classic lineup had nothing to do with

That clip of Better is better than I expected after hearing PC and what Montrealer said. Those are the parts he sometimes puts effort into, though, so I'm curious to hear what he sounded like on the rest of the song.

Watching some 2010 vids, I knew the voice was worlds apart from where it is now, but I'm just as struck by how much more energetic he was. It's really his entire performance that has fallen off a cliff.

i might be way off here, but i was at this, and it seems to me that axl doesnt enjoy signing the old stuff... dont get me wrong, he did a great job, but he seemed way more into the chinese democracy stuff (catcher, til, better) it could have had alot to do with all the fans signing along to the classics, but imo he sounded best on the 3 songs i just mentionned... might also be that im used to the energy he used to have when he sang the old stuff, compare it to now, its not the same... the CD stuff came out in 08 so weve never seen 92-93 axl singing the new stuff, which means theres nothing to compare it to but... i just really felt more energy on the newer songs, he seemed alot more motivated to perform the stuff that the classic lineup had nothing to do with

I think he sounds better in "new" songs too. Shame that they're playing just four Chinese Democracy songs.

That clip of Better is better than I expected after hearing PC and what Montrealer said. Those are the parts he sometimes puts effort into, though, so I'm curious to hear what he sounded like on the rest of the song.

Watching some 2010 vids, I knew the voice was worlds apart from where it is now, but I'm just as struck by how much more energetic he was. It's really his entire performance that has fallen off a cliff.

Yeah, the rasp was back later in the song but I wish there was a full video of the song. The begining was Mickey all the way :(

HG, I don't agree with you on this. I think that the song he was most energic was The Seeker O_o

Hey don't get me wrong, it was a good show but I really feel Axl doesn't give 100% of his capacity.

yeah i wish i got the rest of better too but holding my phone up for 4-5 minutes straight isnt exactly fun... and it was sooooo fucking hot in there lol no clue how axl didnt get heat stroke wearing a leather jacket in that place lol i got the first couple minutes of CD too, ill try n upload it later

also seems like a smaller stage really does axl justice... i kinda find it fucked up to see him walking around a huge stage like the one at the quebec festival... with a smaller stage you dont really miss the running around like a maniac the way he used to

yeah i wish i got the rest of better too but holding my phone up for 4-5 minutes straight isnt exactly fun... and it was sooooo fucking hot in there lol no clue how axl didnt get heat stroke wearing a leather jacket in that place lol i got the first couple minutes of CD too, ill try n upload it later

also seems like a smaller stage really does axl justice... i kinda find it fucked up to see him walking around a huge stage like the one at the quebec festival... with a smaller stage you dont really miss the running around like a maniac the way he used to

Didn't realize that was your recording. Thanks. :)

I don't blame you for not wanting to keep holding your phone up. I wouldn't have done it as long as you did.

Yeah, the rasp was back later in the song but I wish there was a full video of the song. The begining was Mickey all the way :(

HG, I don't agree with you on this. I think that the song he was most energic was The Seeker O_o

Hey don't get me wrong, it was a good show but I really feel Axl doesn't give 100% of his capacity.

im gonna have to disagree with you on that first part and the last part... i found better was really good the whole way through... about not giving 100% well idk... i think he did... like i posted earlier, it seemed like he wasnt as motivated to sing the older stuff, plus the fans singing kinda drowned alot of it out... might even have thrown him off at a few points too... imagine trying to sing a classic song like estranged, at the same time as 3000 other people... i bet its tough, even if hes the only one with a mic... i do agree with the energy on the seeker tho... seems like hes just as motivated to sing the covers as he is to sing the CD stuff... probably has alot to do with how he feels about those songs... apart from the instrumental covers, im sure axl hand picked the songs he covers... you can tell hes more motivated to sing the stuff he really feels

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

im gonna have to disagree with you on that first part and the last part... i found better was really good the whole way through... about not giving 100% well idk... i think he did... like i posted earlier, it seemed like he wasnt as motivated to sing the older stuff, plus the fans singing kinda drowned alot of it out... might even have thrown him off at a few points too... imagine trying to sing a classic song like estranged, at the same time as 3000 other people... i bet its tough, even if hes the only one with a mic... i do agree with the energy on the seeker tho... seems like hes just as motivated to sing the covers as he is to sing the CD stuff... probably has alot to do with how he feels about those songs... apart from the instrumental covers, im sure axl hand picked the songs he covers... you can tell hes more motivated to sing the stuff he really feels

BTW, looking at your vid, I was right next to you.

BTW, looking at your vid, I was right next to you.

nice lol i didnt stray too far away from the bar all night... cost me quite a bit in drinks and i feel like shit right now but it was well worth it - one thing thats still standing out in my mind is when i saw some lady punch some other lady in the face... not sure what it was all about, but i heard the pop when she landed the punch

I still reckon the rasp does more harm than good that's why he sings more clean. Singing the way he did was awesome but its bound to blow your voice at some point.

For the stage presence and energy perhaps its a fatigue set it on tour, or his body has caught up with him and his fitness is lapsed. Or he simply took cocaine and MDNA in 2010 :P

Anyway i was at the download festival and ive also watched highlights from glastonbury and t in the park festivals and Axl still runs around the stage more than the performers half his age. Corey taylors voice is no where near as good as it was and he is much younger than axl. Also check out iron maiden at download if you want to hear mickey mouse.

I still reckon the rasp does more harm than good that's why he sings more clean. Singing the way he did was awesome but its bound to blow your voice at some point.

For the stage presence and energy perhaps its a fatigue set it on tour, or his body has caught up with him and his fitness is lapsed. Or he simply took cocaine and MDNA in 2010 :P

Anyway i was at the download festival and ive also watched highlights from glastonbury and t in the park festivals and Axl still runs around the stage more than the performers half his age. Corey taylors voice is no where near as good as it was and he is much younger than axl. Also check out iron maiden at download if you want to hear mickey mouse.

you are saying bruce dickinson sounds like mickey mouse? please tell me you're joking.

Madonna?

Edited by Carburetta

Madonna?

whoops. NMDA

you are saying bruce dickinson sounds like mickey mouse? please tell me you're joking.

Madonna?

whoops. NMDA

sounds NOTHING like mickey mouse. sounds like 2000 bruce to me.