GN'R Montreal - July 14th

Montrealer

I not even going to even read this thread....guys holy fuck this was the greatest show I've ever seen/heard in my life!!!!

The Quebec Festival was amazing but this was beyond anyone's expectations.

I was front row right side and the crowd was fuckin amazing!!!

It was fuckin' hot im sure I lost about 10 lbs

Axl was in a great mood once again and sounded excellent all night so did the whole band!!

I'm not a huge fan of TIL, Catcher and Estranged in a live setting but man do they work and sound great in a smaller venue.

I got Dj's guitar pick and the person right next to me got his wrist bands.

Bumble communicated with us all night and is VERY fan friendly.

Tommy is the most hilarious member in the band after Pitman. He was drunk off his ass and wore mouse ears which he took from a chick in the crowd.

Some chick threw her thong at Axl and he placed it on a mic and later tried to slingshot it towards Bumble

Axl did the old cough joke during Patience...Bumble shook his head in disbelief like he didn't want anyone knowing he knew the guy lol

Chris Pitman does a lot more for the band's sound than we think. I was right near the big ass right speaker and all his effects add so much to the songs

I was right near the confetti machine right side and was totally covered by the shit lol

Over all I have to say this was the best GNR show or any show I've ever been to.

Great times that created great memories!

What do you mean in regards to Axl and Ron during Patience?? Whats the joke.

Ron was just fuckin around and laughed it off after.

In Patience during Tokyo 92 or Paris 92 Axl coughs by mistake during the last chorus and then says "bullshit"...anyone can correct me if I am wrong about which show its from.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I not even going to even read this thread....guys holy fuck this was the greatest show I've ever seen/heard in my life!!!!

Axl was in a great mood once again and sounded excellent all night so did the whole band!!

I'm not a huge fan of TIL, Catcher and Estranged in a live setting but man do they work and sound great in a smaller venue.

Tommy is the most hilarious member in the band after Pitman. He was drunk off his ass and wore mouse ears which he took from a chick in the crowd.

Some chick threw her thong at Axl and he placed it on a mic and later tried to slingshot it towards Bumble

Axl did the old cough joke during Patience...Bumble shook his head in disbelief like he didn't want anyone knowing he knew the guy lol

Chris Pitman does a lot more for the band's sound than we think. I was right near the big ass right speaker and all his effects add so much to the songs

I was right near the confetti machine right side and was totally covered by the shit lol

Over all I have to say this was the best GNR show or any show I've ever been to.

In Patience during Tokyo 92 or Paris 92 Axl coughs by mistake during the last chorus and then says "bullshit"...anyone can correct me if I am wrong about which show its from.

Gotcha.

I see what ya mean about Ron shakin his head, about Axl coughing and looking the other way.

Sound like you caught a good show. I hate to ask knowing that it hasnt been an issue lately, but did they hit the stage on time or close to it?

Gotcha.

I see what ya mean about Ron shakin his head, about Axl coughing and looking the other way.

Sound like you caught a good show. I hate to ask knowing that it hasnt been an issue lately, but did they hit the stage on time or close to it?

They were 15 minutes "late" at Quebec and Montreal.

But are they really late? The crew had to set up the stage right after the opening acts for GNR shows and then they came on. So to me that not late.

Axl started doing it in 1991, sometimes he said "yeah, sure sure I would" and sometimes "bullshit!". Pretty funny. Then he did it while singing the 'Since I Don't Have You' intro in 1993.

Gotcha.

They were 15 minutes "late" at Quebec and Montreal.

But are they really late? The crew had to set up the stage right after the opening acts for GNR shows and then they came on. So to me that not late.

I dont consider that late at all. Cool that they got some of their shit together.

:thumbsup: awesome ! i dont think anyone who was actually there would give a bad review... those all seem to be coming from people that didnt actually attend this gig

It's weird having such a great time with everyone and then coming back here and hearing complaining and bitching from people ("fans") that didn't even attend the show.

Well, professional reviewers who didn't go there as Axl worshippers gave their reviews of the show. I'd say they are a little less biased than somebody like Volcano, who I would have bet every dollar that I had in my bank account that he was going to report that this show was the greatest concert he's ever seen.

Volcano. Do yourself a favor and concentrate on all the people who had a great time and the few posters on here who worship Axl's every move and STOP spending so much time worried about the few people who aren't worshipping Axl's every move. You seem to care more about the opinions of the 4-5 "haters or cupcakes or whatever insult you call them" than you do just chatting with other Axl worshippers. You say this show was epic and the greatest night of your life, but 90% of your posts about it are you whining and crying about a few random posters.

i didnt see one person there who didnt enjoy the show... had you even been on the sidewalk in front of metropolis after it finished, youd know the show was damn good... it makes me wonder if the one or two bad reviews i read, were from critics who werent actually there... maybe they just assumed, same setlist, same outcome ?

if someone came here and posted, yes i was there, and did not enjoy the show fine... thats one thing... but apart from that i, i wouldnt go on people watching youtube vids and basing their reviews off that... i mean, obviously everyone, or almost everyone who went was an axl fan, so yeah more than likely theyre gonna enjoy the show unless he absolutely bombed it... i did however read a few posts of people who brought non-gnr fans with them, who were won over afterwards... ive yet to hear anyone say i went to one of the ucap show as an axl fan, and left hating the guy

i didnt see one person there who didnt enjoy the show... had you even been on the sidewalk in front of metropolis after it finished, youd know the show was damn good... it makes me wonder if the one or two bad reviews i read, were from critics who werent actually there... maybe they just assumed, same setlist, same outcome ?

if someone came here and posted, yes i was there, and did not enjoy the show fine... thats one thing... but apart from that i, i wouldnt go on people watching youtube vids and basing their reviews off that... i mean, obviously everyone, or almost everyone who went was an axl fan, so yeah more than likely theyre gonna enjoy the show unless he absolutely bombed it... i did however read a few posts of people who brought non-gnr fans with them, who were won over afterwards... ive yet to hear anyone say i went to one of the ucap show as an axl fan, and left hating the guy

You must be more aware of what people are feeling than I am.

If I hear a group of people talking about how awesome the show was....or a group saying they thought it sucks..........then I know what random strangers are thinking. But I can't just look at the faces of 1000s of complete strangers and "know" how they felt about a concert.

And you are combing two things here really.

Enjoying a show isn't the same thing as Axl being in top form.

Axl can give a C-minus vocal performance..........but the band can be absolutely outstanding, it's always fun to see a band in a live setting, it's always a rush to see your favorite singer perform live, it's always fun to hear the classic songs live, your with a group of friends - maybe having a few drinks and just having a good time spending time together!!!!!

See my point? You can have a great time at a show, even if Axl didn't give an A performance.

Kind of like going out to dinner with a group of family and friends. My steak can be of average taste.........but if the appetizer, side dishes, dessert were all great, and the conversation with the group was stimulating and fun...........then I had a great night. Even though my steak was mediocre.

You must be more aware of what people are feeling than I am.

If I hear a group of people talking about how awesome the show was....or a group saying they thought it sucks..........then I know what random strangers are thinking. But I can't just look at the faces of 1000s of complete strangers and "know" how they felt about a concert.

And you are combing two things here really.

Enjoying a show isn't the same thing as Axl being in top form.

Axl can give a C-minus vocal performance..........but the band can be absolutely outstanding, it's always fun to see a band in a live setting, it's always a rush to see your favorite singer perform live, it's always fun to hear the classic songs live, your with a group of friends - maybe having a few drinks and just having a good time spending time together!!!!!

See my point? You can have a great time at a show, even if Axl didn't give an A performance.

Kind of like going out to dinner with a group of family and friends. My steak can be of average taste.........but if the appetizer, side dishes, dessert were all great, and the conversation with the group was stimulating and fun...........then I had a great night. Even though my steak was mediocre.

i dont disagree with your steak comparison... but im more the type of guy that wont really care if it was the best steak ive ever had, as long as i was able to get it all down, im good lol

and yeah, there have been shows where the band had a leg up on axl, or so ive heard (i wasnt there) but this wasnt one of them... just my opinion again

about the first part of your post though, i do disagree with that... if you were there, youd know too... people were talking AND you could tell by the looks on their faces... sure some people were fuckin trashed, but you just felt that energy... id compare it to a hockey game (being canadian) when i go see the habs lose, you hear the shit talking, you see the sad faces, you feel the negative energy... when they win, its exactly how things were sunday night

Hollywood............maybe our disagreement is just a difference in personalities!

When I leave a show, I'm really just concentrating on the people I went with.

My last GnR show, our hotel was literally less than a block away from Key Arena - so we just walked home.

The time before was at Universal Studios and our hotel was a few miles away - so as soon as the confetti started flying, we were booking it to catch a cab before it got crazy outside.

When I go to a show, I really just concentrate on the music and how it's making me feel..........then chatting with whomever I went to the show with........and occassionally noticing what people in my immediate area are doing. Then, of course, you notice if something major happens with the crowd - a fight, the wave, etc.

But I really don't notice the general mood or who is smiling or frowing from thousands of complete strangers!

Yeah youre right... just different personalities i guess... i stuck around for the after party lol i guess some people made a b-line for the door but i hung around... not too often you see 2-3000 gnr fans in one place... at least not anymore

I wonder if the fans got together and had a bowling tournament after the .......well, scratch that. Don't want to make a joke and have people call me a bitter ex-fan hater!!!!

I get your point though.

I used to do that to when I was single and younger. Mingle with the crowd, chat with people, try and pick up chicks, etc. I'm old and married now, so once a shows over we're usually just trying to beat the crowd and get back to the hotel.

Yeah youre right... just different personalities i guess... i stuck around for the after party lol i guess some people made a b-line for the door but i hung around... not too often you see 2-3000 gnr fans in one place... at least not anymore

I wonder if the fans got together and had a bowling tournament after the .......well, scratch that. Don't want to make a joke and have people call me a bitter ex-fan hater!!!!

I get your point though.

I used to do that to when I was single and younger. Mingle with the crowd, chat with people, try and pick up chicks, etc. I'm old and married now, so once a shows over we're usually just trying to beat the crowd and get back to the hotel.

Yeah im getting there too lol shouldnt have done half the shit i did that night but its fuckin gnr man lol and dont get me wrong, i loved em more in 92, but this is all we have left... and i really enjoyed the show because it was good... not cuz i wanted to

90% of your posts about it are you whining and crying about a few random posters.

Ha. Ha ha ha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Groghan, you crack me up. Do you do this pot meet kettle shit on purpose, or is it really something you're not conscious of?

Hollywood............maybe our disagreement is just a difference in personalities!

When I leave a show, I'm really just concentrating on the people I went with.

My last GnR show, our hotel was literally less than a block away from Key Arena - so we just walked home.

The time before was at Universal Studios and our hotel was a few miles away - so as soon as the confetti started flying, we were booking it to catch a cab before it got crazy outside.

When I go to a show, I really just concentrate on the music and how it's making me feel..........then chatting with whomever I went to the show with........and occassionally noticing what people in my immediate area are doing. Then, of course, you notice if something major happens with the crowd - a fight, the wave, etc.

But I really don't notice the general mood or who is smiling or frowing from thousands of complete strangers!

We're you at the key arena show with duff? I know way off topic, just wondering as I was there as well.

:thumbsup: awesome ! i dont think anyone who was actually there would give a bad review... those all seem to be coming from people that didnt actually attend this gig

It's weird having such a great time with everyone and then coming back here and hearing complaining and bitching from people ("fans") that didn't even attend the show.

Just saw this, looks like a lot like people are having a really good time.

When people are having this much fun it should be

noted also in the review. Listen to the crowd singing:

This clean voice 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 is a pleasure to listen to.

I listened to the video again. There was nothing awful in it, not even anything weak.

He is singing it the same way he has been doing 1985-2013. It is obvious you

do not like Axl’s voice of any era, Axl, any member of the band, band’s management,

crew etc. but you keep on posting here in every thread 24/7.

The question mods should ask you is why?

I listened to the video again. There was nothing awful in it, not even anything weak.

do not like Axl’s voice of any era, Axl, any member of the band, band’s management,

Watched the video again, he still sounds incredibly awful at the end of the video. Please do not compare current Axl with Axl from the old days. That's plain stupid.

The fun part is that he's putting money on this site to write awful in every post, pretending to be the Simon Cowell of Mygnrforum. That's a way of living i guess.

But hey, we don't want the mods to do anything to that kind of behavior, it would kill the clownish side of this forum and somewhat part of the fun here will be ruined.

Long live the clowns, the nutters n the haters rock4

Great youtube video right there, i would be nice to have a full cover of Angie someday.