GN'R Montreal - July 14th

Montrealer

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the fuck does bruce dickinson have anything to do with gnr rocking the shit out of metropolis last night ? lol

well, a poster claimed that bruce dickinson sounds like mickey mouse. you can see the level of delusion of some posters keeps increasing so that they can keep believing axl somehow still has a good voice, or that other old singers sing as bad as him.

I still reckon the rasp does more harm than good that's why he sings more clean. Singing the way he did was awesome but its bound to blow your voice at some point.

For the stage presence and energy perhaps its a fatigue set it on tour, or his body has caught up with him and his fitness is lapsed. Or he simply took cocaine and MDNA in 2010 :P

Anyway i was at the download festival and ive also watched highlights from glastonbury and t in the park festivals and Axl still runs around the stage more than the performers half his age. Corey taylors voice is no where near as good as it was and he is much younger than axl. Also check out iron maiden at download if you want to hear mickey mouse.

Madonna?

whoops. NMDA

I still reckon the rasp does more harm than good that's why he sings more clean. Singing the way he did was awesome but its bound to blow your voice at some point.

For the stage presence and energy perhaps its a fatigue set it on tour, or his body has caught up with him and his fitness is lapsed. Or he simply took cocaine and MDNA in 2010 :P

Anyway i was at the download festival and ive also watched highlights from glastonbury and t in the park festivals and Axl still runs around the stage more than the performers half his age. Corey taylors voice is no where near as good as it was and he is much younger than axl. Also check out iron maiden at download if you want to hear mickey mouse.

you are saying bruce dickinson sounds like mickey mouse? please tell me you're joking.

or you could take a 3rd stab at ----- maybe try MDMA.

.. lol

Madonna?

whoops. NMDA

you are saying bruce dickinson sounds like mickey mouse? please tell me you're joking.

or you could take a 3rd stab at ----- maybe try MDMA.

.. lol

ffs. my drug acronym knowledge is weak, much like Bruce Dickinson's voice!

how the fuck does bruce dickinson have anything to do with gnr rocking the shit out of metropolis last night ? lol

well, a poster claimed that bruce dickinson sounds like mickey mouse. you can see the level of delusion of some posters keeps increasing so that they can keep believing axl somehow still has a good voice, or that other old singers sing as bad as him.

Bottom line is he brought his a-game last night... and im hoping for fans in toronto that he brings it again tonight

Bottom line is he brought his a-game last night... and im hoping for fans in toronto that he brings it again tonight

cool. i respect your opinion but last the time axl brought his a-game was around 2010 IMO. i wouldn't pay to watch a disguised (you can barely see his face), chubby and breathless axl.

cool. i respect your opinion but last the time axl brought his a-game was around 2010 IMO. i wouldn't pay to watch a disguised (you can barely see his face), chubby and breathless axl.

I didnt pay to see his face... i dont care if hes chubby either... i can understand why some might find the extra weight upsetting if the main reason they liked him was his sex appeal... i never really dug that about him personally though... it actually kinda bothered me that he used to look like a chick lol that being said, i almost prefer the way he looks now

One negative affect i think his age has brought us though is the decreased energy but i guess some people age better than others... only thing i would have liked to see last night was a little more running, but then again the stage was smaller so the lack thereof wasnt as obvious

Come to think of it, i would have liked a rant or two but he didnt rant at every show in the 90s so... all in all the show was worth the money... i absolutely found no difference in his voice last night vs the 2010 voice and i saw him live then too... i do however find he was trying to rush the lyrics a bit on some of the classic stuff and i gave my opinion on why i thought he was doing that in an earlier post

I guess it just comes down to him having a few bad shows here n there, and im thankful ive never been to one... if i had, i might dislike him the way you seem to... maybe you were at a bad show in the past 3 years?

Oh and just gotta add that he had bad shows in the 80s-90s... there were shows where you could tell he was piss drunk, to the point he forgot lyrics of songs he just wrote lol you hardly ever see that as a topic of discussion though

:rofl-lol:

These cry babies are laughable.

They're just exercising their power of the internet. :lol:

Here's what they posted in case folks don't have access:

Just exercising our "freedom of speech" and power of the internet

We are thrilled to share with you here the observations and some photos of fans that were able to experience the show last night.

To the "journalist" who wrote the article, sometimes less is more... and more is better. Next time consider reporting a set-list with some youtube of interviews of fans.

Here are some fan photos via [Crowd Album[(http://bit.ly/15IMOTh) to round out things out.

Edited by magisme

I found one...

"The venue was filled with "finished" fans, who were chanting to any vocal burst from Axl, were clapping to the useless and boring solos, the songs of the band which we don't care at all".

"They were even clapping for Chinese Democracy songs, the biggest dud of the 2000's"

"Axl, at 51, is still energic, but let's be honnest, he's struggling"

"Just because Axl is in front you, doesn't mean Guns N Roses are in front of you"

"Nevertheless, Axl was there, and that's what mattered"

http://www.sorstu.ca/critique-guns-n-roses-au-metropolis-de-montreal/

I found one...

"The venue was filled with "finished" fans, who were chanting to any vocal burst from Axl, were clapping to the useless and boring solos, the songs of the band which we don't care at all".

"They were even clapping for Chinese Democracy songs, the biggest dud of the 2000's"

"Axl, at 51, is still energic, but let's be honnest, he's struggling"

"Just because Axl is in front you, doesn't mean Guns N Roses are in front of you"

"Nevertheless, Axl was there, and that's what mattered"

http://www.sorstu.ca/critique-guns-n-roses-au-metropolis-de-montreal/

I agree with those statements. :thumbsup:

I not even going to even read this thread....guys holy fuck this was the greatest show I've ever seen/heard in my life!!!!

The Quebec Festival was amazing but this was beyond anyone's expectations.

I was front row right side and the crowd was fuckin amazing!!!

It was fuckin' hot im sure I lost about 10 lbs

Axl was in a great mood once again and sounded excellent all night so did the whole band!!

I'm not a huge fan of TIL, Catcher and Estranged in a live setting but man do they work and sound great in a smaller venue.

I got Dj's guitar pick and the person right next to me got his wrist bands.

Bumble communicated with us all night and is VERY fan friendly.

Tommy is the most hilarious member in the band after Pitman. He was drunk off his ass and wore mouse ears which he took from a chick in the crowd.

Some chick threw her thong at Axl and he placed it on a mic and later tried to slingshot it towards Bumble

Axl did the old cough joke during Patience...Bumble shook his head in disbelief like he didn't want anyone knowing he knew the guy lol

Chris Pitman does a lot more for the band's sound than we think. I was right near the big ass right speaker and all his effects add so much to the songs

I was right near the confetti machine right side and was totally covered by the shit lol

Over all I have to say this was the best GNR show or any show I've ever been to.

Great times that created great memories!

Edited by volcano62

:thumbsup: awesome ! i dont think anyone who was actually there would give a bad review... those all seem to be coming from people that didnt actually attend this gig

It's weird having such a great time with everyone and then coming back here and hearing complaining and bitching from people ("fans") that didn't even attend the show.

I not even going to even read this thread....guys holy fuck this was the greatest show I've ever seen/heard in my life!!!!

Axl was in a great mood once again and sounded excellent all night so did the whole band!!

I'm not a huge fan of TIL, Catcher and Estranged in a live setting but man do they work and sound great in a smaller venue.

Tommy is the most hilarious member in the band after Pitman. He was drunk off his ass and wore mouse ears which he took from a chick in the crowd.

Some chick threw her thong at Axl and he placed it on a mic and later tried to slingshot it towards Bumble

Axl did the old cough joke during Patience...Bumble shook his head in disbelief like he didn't want anyone knowing he knew the guy lol

Chris Pitman does a lot more for the band's sound than we think. I was right near the big ass right speaker and all his effects add so much to the songs

I was right near the confetti machine right side and was totally covered by the shit lol

Over all I have to say this was the best GNR show or any show I've ever been to.

Glad you had a great time and good memories to boot. That's all that matters at the end of the day.

What do you mean in regards to Axl and Ron during Patience?? Whats the joke.