Pearl Jam announce North American Tour / New Album 'Lightning Bolt' Oct. 15

Black Sabbath

Eddie Vedder's a douchebag

“I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people,” the singer seethed. “But I don’t have to because it seems like they happen anyways. It seems like every week I’m reading about a 4-year-old either shooting their sister, their dad, their dog, their brother or themselves, because there’s f***ing guns laying around. But I guess it’s ‘fun.’”

LINK

We'll all wait patiently until you post something that makes Eddie a douche...

Guess maybe you should click on the link, eh? Or even read the quote. It's great that he wishes harm upon gun owners? What a dick.

Eddie Vedder's a douchebag

I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people, the singer seethed. But I dont have to because it seems like they happen anyways. It seems like every week Im reading about a 4-year-old either shooting their sister, their dad, their dog, their brother or themselves, because theres f***ing guns laying around. But I guess its fun.

LINK

Don't see anything there that makes him a douchebag

So I guess it's ok to wish harm upon someone?

Sounds happy to me.

That's cool. He definitely isn't though. I do not see what he said to be wishing harm and that is clearly evident, and I agree with the crux of his argument regarding guns. But now we are going off on a tangent

Anyways, back onto the topic of music, I have been playing this record more and more and different tunes jump out at me. Right now Swallowed Whole and Let The Record's Play are on my radar. This is a damn good album

Edited by WhazUp

Sounds happy to me.

That's cool. He definitely isn't though.

Anyways, back onto the topic of music, I have been playing this record more and more and different tunes jump out at me. Right now Swallowed Whole and Let The Record's Play are on my radar. This is a damn good album

Cool you can get into his mind and know that as fact.

WhazUp, I don't think you really need to keep responding. I read the article and the quote, just as you probably did. Either luciusfunk is trolling for boredom's sake or truly misunderstands what Eddie was saying. I don't think any fan would take it the way lucius is taking it. It sounds like he's not a fan and just trying to find some BS, not even real evidence, to pin against Vedder.

• Like 1

Trying to find? I heard it on the radio.

Great, then the radio is retarded too. Bottom line is: no one is finding this douchebaggy except for you, and thats because it isn't. As Randy said, its completely reasonable for him to be frustrated with the gun laws just as so many of us are. There's no reason for you to keep convincing people and there's also no reason for us to respond to your statements anymore.

Jesus.

Trying to find? I heard it on the radio.

Great, then the radio is retarded too. Bottom line is: no one is finding this douchebaggy except for you, and thats because it isn't. As Randy said, its completely reasonable for him to be frustrated with the gun laws just as so many of us are. There's no reason for you to keep convincing people and there's also no reason for us to respond to your statements anymore.

Jesus.

Then don't respond. No big loss. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. The radio is retarded for reporting news? It's a rock station, they play Pearl Jam, Pearl Jam is in town next month. Completely reasonable.

PJ kicked off their tour tonight with an awesome setlist with a ton of new tunes:

1. Pendulum
2. Of the girl
3. Nothingman
4. Small Town

5. Lightning Bolt

6. Mind Your Manners
7. Animal
8. Got Some
9. Given To Fly
10. Untitled
11. MFC
12. Faithfull
13. Sirens
14. Unemployable
15. Why Go
16. Daughter
17. Infallible
18. Let The Records Play
19. Unthought Known
20. Rearviewmirror

Encore 1:
21. Speed of Sound
22. Yellow Moon
23. Footsteps
Jason Grilli (Pitt Pirate) Onstage during Whipping
24. Whipping
25. Do The Evolution
26. Betterman
27. Porch

Encore 2:

28. Black / We Belong Together
29. Alive
30. Rockin' In The Free World
31. Yellow Ledbetter

Getaway, Mind your manners, Pendulum, Yellow Moon: Fucking amazing songs! I would have loved to hear more songs in that vein, that would've been awesome!

My fathers son, Sirens, Infallible, Swallowed whole, Let the records play: Really interesting songs, but so far, I'm not really into them. It shouldn't take long for these songs to "click", tho.

Lightning Bolt: I don't know if this song is ever going to "click" like the ones above or if it's going to stay rather meh...

Sleeping by myself: It was the best song on Eddies "Ukelele Songs" (whatever that's supposed to say :lol: ). The version here is kind of funny, but I'm not sure if I like "Pearl Jam" and "funny" in the same sentence.

Future Days: Ugh... This is just the same overproduced kitsch as "The End" was on Backspacer. Not liking this at all.

So, yeah, I hoped for more, so far.

*Edit*

I have no idea why the post is looking like it is.

Edited by Spoon87

On second listen I think it's the best since Binaural.

I totally agree. The songs are more consistently good compared to Riot Act and have more depth than s/t and Backspacer

Or maybe equal to Riot Act. I quite like Riot Act. What i like best about it is that it doesn't have those straightforward punk songs like Getaway, Got Some, Brain of J etc., which I think are consistently terrible and bring Pearl Jam's albums down a lot.

I really enjoy like half of Riot Act. I never really was into Green Disease, Help Help, Get Right, etc. though so those kind of brought the album down for me

Although tunes like You Are, Can't Keep, I Am Mine, and Love Boat Captain are pretty badass and are vintage PJ :thumbsup: