Pearl Jam announce North American Tour / New Album 'Lightning Bolt' Oct. 15

Black Sabbath

Guest Manny Manner

New stuff sounds pretty good. I'm digging Mind Your Manners. I feel like Yield was their last great album. Maybe Lightning Bolt is the one I've been waiting on.

I was hopeful after hearing Mind Your Manners, but the rest of the new stuff I've heard is really lacking (bluntly- its boring) imo. I think Pearl Jam has lost their anger and along with it their mojo. They seem way too content and when I'm honest with myself I don't think they've put a good record out in at least a decade (at best) and perhaps 2 decades (at worst). It seems like they've really played it by the numbers since leaving Epic/Sony. Kind of weird how they waited to sell out until after they left the major label. I agree that Yield was definitely the last GREAT album they released. I've been with PJ since the beginning, but I think I'm getting off at this stop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On first listen it was so and so. The instrumentals are more interesting than on their previous three albums but Eddie Vedder's vocals are pretty monotonous and don't really fit most of the songs. I liked some solos quite a bit, particularly on Let The Records Play. The tittle track was my favorite.

Well, guess I'm not going to the Buffalo gig...it's sold out.

Plenty of tickets available and some are under face value

http://www.stubhub.com/pearl-jam-tickets/pearl-jam-buffalo-first-niagara-center-12-10-2013-4317481/

Wasn't able to get any tickets for either Philly shows or Baltimore, and I refuse to get anything other than pit.

Might have to join the Ten Club and wait for the next leg of the tour to get GA tickets.

Such shit.

I know people who have been in the 10c over a decade and they got shut out as well.

I loved Backspacer. My favorite album since Vitalogy, even though I love albums like No Code and Binaural. I just thought that was their most straight ahead record in awhile, since most are good but tend to seem like they are trying to be too complex.

The new album was good on first listen to me. Definitely seems like its gonna take some time to get into. Aside from two of their albums, they've pretty much all taken time for me to adjust so I'm sure this one will end up being very good. Unfortunately, at this point I thought it was very bland. Sirens and the title track stuck out to me. Maybe one other one. I didn't like Mind Your Manners when it was released and I'm still not that fond of it. Looks like most of the album is gonna be a grower for me, or it'll be like the very few Pearl Jam albums that just don't catch me.

Eddie Vedder's a douchebag

“I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people,” the singer seethed. “But I don’t have to because it seems like they happen anyways. It seems like every week I’m reading about a 4-year-old either shooting their sister, their dad, their dog, their brother or themselves, because there’s f***ing guns laying around. But I guess it’s ‘fun.’”

LINK

“I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people,” the singer seethed. “But I don’t have to because it seems like they happen anyways. It seems like every week I’m reading about a 4-year-old either shooting their sister, their dad, their dog, their brother or themselves, because there’s f***ing guns laying around. But I guess it’s ‘fun.’”

LINK

We'll all wait patiently until you post something that makes Eddie a douche...

I get so angry that I almost wish bad things upon these people, the singer seethed. But I dont have to because it seems like they happen anyways. It seems like every week Im reading about a 4-year-old either shooting their sister, their dad, their dog, their brother or themselves, because theres f***ing guns laying around. But I guess its fun.

LINK

Don't see anything there that makes him a douchebag