Pearl Jam announce North American Tour / New Album 'Lightning Bolt' Oct. 15

Black Sabbath

On second listen I think it's the best since Binaural.

I totally agree. The songs are more consistently good compared to Riot Act and have more depth than s/t and Backspacer

Or maybe equal to Riot Act. I quite like Riot Act. What i like best about it is that it doesn't have those straightforward punk songs like Getaway, Got Some, Brain of J etc., which I think are consistently terrible and bring Pearl Jam's albums down a lot.

We have very different Pearl Jam tastes. My favorite PJ songs are the ones like Got Some, Gonna See My Friend, Supersonic, World Wide Suicide, Spin The Black Circle, Animal. Obviously I love the deep stuff like Present Tense, Immortality, and Light Years but I much prefer when they are just rocking out, which is why Backspacer was so amazing. Probably the first time they had consistently done that since Vitalogy, and possibly even Vs.

I really enjoy like half of Riot Act. I never really was into Green Disease, Help Help, Get Right, etc. though so those kind of brought the album down for me

Although tunes like You Are, Can't Keep, I Am Mine, and Love Boat Captain are pretty badass and are vintage PJ :thumbsup:

I'm with you.

How long are these shows running? Maybe I'll just buy a last minute seat ticket for Baltimore and go to at least say I got to see them. Hate not getting GA though.

From what I've seen they are going on around 830 and playing between 11 and 1130. I don't think anybody is opening.

Man these past few setlists are incredible, they are on fire so far!

They played Crazy Mary!

After a week with the new album, it's better than their last 3 easily. Every album after Yield has been kind of meh to me. I like this one, thinking it's going to fall between Yield and Binaural for me. Maybe Yellow Moon and Swallowed Whole are the only two I don't care for. Pendulum is my #1 right now, love that shit.

• 1 month later...

Man these past few setlists are incredible, they are on fire so far!

They played Crazy Mary!

After a week with the new album, it's better than their last 3 easily. Every album after Yield has been kind of meh to me. I like this one, thinking it's going to fall between Yield and Binaural for me. Maybe Yellow Moon and Swallowed Whole are the only two I don't care for. Pendulum is my #1 right now, love that shit.

I need to listen to this album more. I feel the same way about all the albums since Yield.

Glad you go to hear Crazy Mary live! I absolutely love that tune. Bought the Sweet Relief disc just for that years ago, but ended up liking a lot of the rest of it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pearl Jam is back with another tour in Europe beginning Summer 2014. Public ticket on sale begins December 20th, 2013.

Pearl Jam European Tour 2014 Dates:
Ten Club On-Sale: December 13, 2013
Public On-Sale: December 20, 2013

6/16 - Amsterdam, NL
6/20 - Milan, IT
6/22 - Trieste, IT
6/25 - Vienna, AT
6/26 - Berlin, DE
6/28 - Stockholm, SE
6/29 - Oslo, NO
7/3 - Gdynia, PL
7/5 - Werchter, BE
7/8 - Leeds, UK
7/11 - Milton Keynes, UK

Hopefully they add more dates.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else seen Pearl Jam 20? I watched it for the first time the other day. Great documentary. They are a great band, I love me some Pearl Jam. I really need to see them in concert. I really love the attitude they have towards their fans and what not. Just a class act and a class band. Ten, Vs, Vitology, and Yield are great albums. They also have few other classic songs from other albums.

Probably my favorite 90's band. Well I go back and fourth between them and Rage, but I lean more towards PJ.

• 1 year later...