Who are the 'idiots' Axl talks about on this interview?

maynard

(scratches head) Hmmmmm..you don't think Axl's people tell him about the toxic chitter chatter on the forums?!!!!! ( :o)

Show me a post from before February 2009 demanding a release date for the next album.

"Toxic"? You're a joke.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: maynard was banned? WTF?

You're actually surprised?

I know you don't like it when people are negative about the band, and without a doubt maynard is one of the more critical members of the forum, but let's step back for a second and have some perspective. What exactly did maynard do that warrants a ban? Did I miss something?

All he does is cupcake and offers nothing to the forum besides negativity. I have no idea what the reason was for the ban.

You cupcake once and awhile but you also post some great stuff.

You're actually surprised?

I know you don't like it when people are negative about the band, and without a doubt maynard is one of the more critical members of the forum, but let's step back for a second and have some perspective. What exactly did maynard do that warrants a ban? Did I miss something?

All he does is cupcake and offers nothing to the forum besides negativity. I have no idea what the reason was for the ban.

You cupcake once and awhile but you also post some great stuff.

I don't know, man. There are plenty of people here who enjoy maynard. I don't think "negativity" and a vaguely defined notion of "trolling" warrant a ban. I'll leave it at that for now.

Honestly, I don't think he's all that sure who he's talking about. Axl operates under this delusion that there are hordes of 'them' out to get him. I wouldn't be surprised if there was exactly no one who "demanded" a release date immediately after CD came out. It's probably just more shit Axl makes up to keep his lifelong victim narrative going.

The interview was after he visited the forums, and during that visit some members DID ask when the next album would be released. Perhaps he talked about those members :)

Honestly, I don't think he's all that sure who he's talking about. Axl operates under this delusion that there are hordes of 'them' out to get him. I wouldn't be surprised if there was exactly no one who "demanded" a release date immediately after CD came out. It's probably just more shit Axl makes up to keep his lifelong victim narrative going.

The interview was after he visited the forums, and during that visit some members DID ask when the next album would be released. Perhaps he talked about those members :)

So some fans asking turns into "idiots demanding" for Axl. Nice.

It ridiculous to ask for a new album when a new album was just released after many years.

They are idiots.

Early 2009. Read the lolinterview here: http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/27/axl-rose-insists-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-dead-and-burie/

He comes off like a complete asshole, IMO.

"Editor's note: At the request of the interviewer, this article was edited after publication."

anyone know about what was edited?

Wasn't that interview done via email? Or was that another one?

It ridiculous to ask for a new album when a new album was just released after many years.

They are idiots.

If he doesn't understand where fans are coming from, that they're worried that another "many years" will pass before the next album from their favorite singer, then he's an idiot, which I'm increasingly thinking is the case. If you don't ask Axl the exact question he wants to be asked in the exact way he wants it asked, then you're an idiot to him. Pathetic.

And we still haven't explained how asking turned into "demanding," other than it being more of Axl's "out to get me" bullshit.

us

How many years need to go by before we are allowed to ask when a new album is going to be released?

At least 2 years?

For example: Ozzy or Black Sabbath talkin' about a new album after the release day....

so your theory falls again, lolcano

How many years need to go by before we are allowed to ask when a new album is going to be released?

According to The Gentlemen's Book of Etiquette and Manual of Politeness, Being a Complete Guide for a Gentleman's Conduct in all his Relations Towards Society, by Cecil B. Hartley, the customary period is 2.3 years.

Seriously, it really depends on how the question is asked, doesn't it?

According to The Gentlemen's Book of Etiquette and Manual of Politeness, Being a Complete Guide for a Gentleman's Conduct in all his Relations Towards Society, by Cecil B. Hartley, the customary period is 2.3 years.

Yes, it certainly does. I think it also depends on what bands you're a fan of. Metallica released Death Magnetic when? 2008. It's been almost 5 years. Megadeth, on the other hand, releases material much more often. Iron Maiden released their last album 3 years ago. And Slayer hasn't released anything since 2009. We're still in the normal in-between albums, of course. But I think it's normal for fans to ask.

Edited by TombRaider

I hate to say this, but Soul's last sentence is correct. Were people demanding a date, or were they simply asking? And I think we all realize (except maybe Axl and Beta) why people would be asking so soon after the release of CD. Quite simply because of the years of delays on CD's release, as well as people talking about CD being a trilogy, and Axl making his statement about "same time, next year" or the batman comment or whatever it was.

Hopefully Axl's idiot comment was directed at record exec's who might have been harrassing him because of the amount of money spent on CD and them wanting to get 2-3 albums worth of material out of the deal.

As for Maynard getting banned. It really is stupid. And brings to play a very weird aspect of this forum that some people don't factor in.

Guys like Maynard aren't haters or cupcakes or any of those silly names. He is a die-hard Axl and GnR fan who is just dissapointed at what's become of what was his favorite band. So he voices his displeasure. Unfortunately, guys like him get lumped into the same catagory as the couple of guys who really do just come here to cupcake the Axl Nutters.

The Nutters on here seem to get a break from the Mods because they worship Axl's every move. Volcano is allowed to constantly insult and make personal attacks on people, simply because he also worships Axl's every move. If you are going to ban people for making personal attacks and adding negativity to the forum it should be FORUM WIDE. A personal attack is a personal attack - regardless of who you are. When Brainser/popcorn was banned, the negativity and fighting on the forum decreased dramatically. When Warchild or her multiple personalities aren't posting - the fighting and negativity goes down ten-fold.

Here's something to think about.

The "haters" post about Axl and GnR. The people this forum is dedicated to. We might not like their posts or opinions, but at least they are TIED to Axl and GnR - the people this forum is dedicated to.

The "nutters" will defend Axl, but then also make personal attacks on OTHER POSTERS. Which is supposed to be against forum rules.

Both groups are bringing negativity and fighting to the forum. One is keeping it towards the band, one is doing toward forum members. Which is worse?

Bitter ex-fan hater cupcake etc "Axl is out of shape and his voice sounds like mickey mouse"

Nutter, Volcano, etc "F*ck you, your opinion doesn't matter, you're a douchebag piece of sh*t."

Which is worse for the forum????? One is basically true, one is talking about the actual band, and one is just juvenile insults that have nothing to do with the band.

Edited by Groghan

Yes, it certainly does. I think it also depends on what bands you're a fan of. Metallica released Death Magnetic when? 2008. It's been almost 5 years. Megadeth, on the other hand, releases material much more often. Iron Maiden released their last album 3 years ago. And Slayer hasn't released anything since 2009. We're still in the normal in-between albums, of course. But I think it's normal for fans to ask.

I still maintain that one of the reasons Axl called them "idiots" was the timing, e.g. that they -- supposedly -- demanded release dates right after the release of CD. The interview was in early 2009, as you probably know by now. I don't think Axl would call anyone an idiot for asking about tentative release date for the next album today.

Well, asking for a release date less than a year after an album was released is indeed idiotic :laugh:

You think so? I think demanding release dates right at that time could certainly be felt insulting and hence, if you are a guy like Axl, would warrant them being called "idiots".

You would have to be an idiot to not have the mental capacity to know that you're an idiot for expecting anything from Axl in the first place. Pretty pathetic to see all this butthurt caused by something that has always been common sense. :shrugs:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

This place is getting so fucking stupid.

I told maynard to slow down the personal insults and I think he didn't listen.

So long, my Brazilian friend.