Who are the 'idiots' Axl talks about on this interview?

maynard

Goodbye maynard you were an inspiration too so many around here. :violin: Always so pleasent,always in our hearts,good bye dear friend and may you're journey be one of hope and happiness and may you find you're new calling whatever it may be.

Shut the fuck up WARCHILD. You're a piece of shit and this account will be banned pretty soon. Count on that, you psycho.

I don't think this poster is Warchild. Only a complete psycho pathetic crazy person would keep coming back under new accounts to a forum they were banned from. Warchild was crazy, but surely she wouldn't be that pathetic.

i may be outta line here to touch on this subject since im new here and dont really know any of you, but i dont really see the point in banning someone, if they could just come back under another name... and more than likely will, out of spite alone... i mean the mods cant really just let everything go so, banning a name is really the only recourse they have... unless theyre actually able to ban ones IP address (which ive seen done on other forums) but yeah, like i said, im new around here... only joined in 2010 when gnr finally came back to my city... then i went quiet till they announced they were coming back... im here for the love of the music, but clearly some people arent... im not gonna call that maynard guy out, cuz a) he never insulted me directly and b) i dont know him, or anyone else here for that matter... but what ive read in my short time here from that guy was all negative... sure hes entitled to his opinion, but to state it over and overrrrrrr lol i mean... im sure the mods werent the only ones losing their patience with him... either way, life goes on... if he does come back under another name, well the one POSITIVE thing to come out of all this would be that we dont have to look at his godawful profile pic anymore lol

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember HRS saying that when he chatted with Axl years back that Axl felt the fans had abandoned him. Maybe he still feels like that.

Fuck him, he abandonded the fans when he pulled that contract bullshit with the original lineup and then again by disappearing for years....you reap what you sow fat fuckface, or thats what id say to him....lol

I remember HRS saying that when he chatted with Axl years back that Axl felt the fans had abandoned him. Maybe he still feels like that.

Fuck him, he abandonded the fans when he pulled that contract bullshit with the original lineup and then again by disappearing for years....you reap what you sow fat fuckface, or thats what id say to him....lol

Heh. Neither the fans or the artist has any obligations towards each other. The artist can do exactly what he/she wants and we can pay for the art or move on to other artists. The concept of abandoning is just weird.

I assumed he was talking about people on forums. As soon as CD came out, people were like ok wheres the next one?

That could have been annoying since they hadnt even toured it.

I think it was more than annoying to Axl considering how hard it was for him to get that record out and -- supposedly -- what a hellish journey it was for him to make it. I think it infuriated and hurt him.

This. Sense of entitlement, thy name is Axl Rose. I guess he forgot about no one owing anyone anything. Or does that only apply when he doesn't want to do something?

I assumed he was talking about people on forums. As soon as CD came out, people were like ok wheres the next one?

I think it was more than annoying to Axl considering how hard it was for him to get that record out and -- supposedly -- what a hellish journey it was for him to make it. I think it infuriated and hurt him.

How is people wanting more of your work a bad thing and how would it "hurt" you?

Edited by Chris 55

Again, fuck him and his hellish journey. The only reason it was hellish was cause of his stupid ass and his dumb fucking hangers on.

How is people wanting more of your work a bad thing and how would it "hurt" you?

Nice.

Only on this forum is it considered a bad thing to wish your favorite artist released more music and was more fan-friendly.

Nice.

Only on this forum is it considered a bad thing to wish your favorite artist released more music and was more fan-friendly.

I believe this is why all the pathological hatred for slash from axl nuthuggers / apologists / and tru fakeGnR fans --- because they are so fucking jealous slash does what they wish axl would do, but never will.

Nice.

I believe this is why all the pathological hatred for slash from axl nuthuggers / apologists / and tru fakeGnR fans --- because they are so fucking jealous slash does what they wish axl would do, but never will.

How is this about Slash? I meant any artist in general. They're VERY lucky people like their work in the first place

Nice.

You mean play the theme song for the angry birds video game right?

Nice.

Didnt axl sue over that? What a little bitch to sue over slash's appearance in a video game playing songs that he had a big part in writing, and then have it tossed out of court.....lmao

I love hearing axl fans bitch about the setlist being the same, all the band jams, the fucking ridiculous ticket prices, the lack of new music, the lack of ambition to produce new music, the lack of interest in his fans, his shitty ass vocals, the shitty quality of his "all-star band of guitarists", and the list does go on.

Who gives a flying fuck about angry birds anyway? Other than you apparantly

Edited by jmapelian

Nice.

Didnt axl sue over that?

No that was guitar hero cuz they used wttj without his consent... actually i think he said ok if they gave him his own game but didnt or some shit... the angry birds theme was this year i think

Who gives a flying fuck about angry birds anyway? Other than you apparantly

i think slash gives a fuck lol nice edit tho Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Yeah, slash does some head scratching shit @ times but so does everyone.....lol - he does though take care of his fans - he puts out albums regularly, when he says somethings gonna happen, it happens (cd, dvd, setlist changes, live sound board cd's available for alot of 2010 shows, etc.), keeps fans reasonably informed of his bands plans, puts on great live shows, plays shit from his entire catologue, etc. and the list goes on.....or the exact opposite of axl and fakeGnR

Yeah, slash does some head scratching shit @ times but so does everyone.....lol - he does though take care of his fans - he puts out albums regularly, when he says somethings gonna happen, it happens (cd, dvd, setlist changes, live sound board cd's available for alot of 2010 shows, etc.), keeps fans reasonably informed of his bands plans, puts on great live shows, plays shit from his entire catologue, etc. and the list goes on.....or the exact opposite of axl and fakeGnR

slash is fucking awesome, so is axl... and so are what you refer to as fakeGnR - come to think of it idk why in the fuck everyones so caught up on the axl vs. Slash beef? Thats between them... i aint pickin sides, i love them both - maybe the "idiots" axl was referring to are the people that pick sides in a feud they know nothing about? Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Axl's band to me is fakeGnR - seems more like a corproate entity than a down-n-dirty rock band like they were when they were GnR before the mass exodus'

Of course they were more awesome in the 80 s n 90s, so were all the other bands... bottom line is i dont think slash woulda been slash if axl wasnt around, and axl wouldnt be axl without slash... the shit they do now without each other is meh but i still like it

I said it annoyed him, which based on his comments it did. He didnt say he was hurt by people wanting more. But the frustration may have been that it wasnt out before. Its kind of a cheap shot but some fans waited so long and heard leaks its a natural comment/joke to make.

Axl's band to me is fakeGnR - seems more like a corproate entity than a down-n-dirty rock band like they were when they were GnR before the mass exodus'

Of course they were more awesome in the 80 s n 90s, so were all the other bands... bottom line is i dont think slash woulda been slash if axl wasnt around, and axl wouldnt be axl without slash... the shit they do now without each other is meh but i still like it

Fair enough - but axl's output has been so limitied, so drawn out, so convoluted - especially when you compare it to that of izzy, slash, and duff who've put out at least 20+ records collectively since axl's power grab - that it makes it hard for what fans are left to appreciate being called idiots by the king of all idiots himself

fwiw I shouldn't mind being called an idiot. I call people idiots all the time.

Still, when is the next album? Fuck it. No new gnr lets me imagine that I'm being denied access to the really good stuff. Sometimes I'm glad there isn't something new.

Again, it has to do with timing. If some people basically dismiss CD and just nag about when new music will come out right after the release of CD, then that could be felt as insulting to an artist who have poured his soul into CD.

Again, fuck him and his hellish journey. The only reason it was hellish was cause of his stupid ass and his dumb fucking hangers on.

That may be as it is. I am just trying to explain to whom the quote was directed and my take on why Axl said what he said.

Nice.

No one has said it is a bad thing at all. You failed at understanding.

I fail to see what Slash has to do with this thread but of course you are right. And we might include many other artists who are informative, punctual, deliver promises, etc. But in my opinion GN'R, despite all its shortcomings, is still a way more interesting band who creates way more interesting music. And that is why I post in this section and not in the Slash section.