Who are the 'idiots' Axl talks about on this interview?

maynard

Axl never has and clearly still doesn't give a f@ck about fans opinions - at least he acknowledges it in interviews like this and in some rants. :)

Love him or hate him, that's Mr. W. Axl Rose.

Again, he is clearly speaking about that particular subset of fans who immediately after the release of CD "demanded" release dates for the nest albums. It is pretty disrespectful to go up to an artist right after he has presented his latest creation and go, "so, when is the next release?".

The only reason people asked that was because they thought there was going to be a Chinese Democracy trilogy, or a Part II. That's on him for talking about 'trilogies'. I don't think that's who he meant.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember HRS saying that when he chatted with Axl years back that Axl felt the fans had abandoned him. Maybe he still feels like that.

If fans abandoned GNR, he wouldn't be touring anymore. They're still headlining festivals and getting paid well for what they do.

I remember reading this long ago and it's more likely aimed at music journalists as the demand for new music was far lower than today. You have idolizers everywhere who read long letters than pick out things to turn negative not even dedicated to them.. Or is he out ta get us? From what i can gather he served madison, so will shackler come back for revenge? All i can say to people truely offended by this is if the shoe fits, wear it because we're not talking about the pope here.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

"Editor's note: At the request of the interviewer, this article was edited after publication."

Interesting. Anyone get hold of the original text before it was edited? Suppose I could try going to web archive...

EDIT: Dammit, web.archive.org only has records back to Jan 2010.

Edited by Amir

Honestly, I don't think he's all that sure who he's talking about. Axl operates under this delusion that there are hordes of 'them' out to get him. I wouldn't be surprised if there was exactly no one who "demanded" a release date immediately after CD came out. It's probably just more shit Axl makes up to keep his lifelong victim narrative going.

Edit: maynard was banned? WTF?

Edited by magisme

Axl Rose is GOD and lives untouchable in his own bubble world. He's always been like that and probably always will...

I for once love the man for what he stands and his rebellious attitude even if he considers me an idiot. Take or leave it!

Edit: maynard was banned? WTF?

You're actually surprised?

I know you don't like it when people are negative about the band, and without a doubt maynard is one of the more critical members of the forum, but let's step back for a second and have some perspective. What exactly did maynard do that warrants a ban? Did I miss something?

I'm sorry, but calling your fans idiots is uncalled for :shrugs: We are his fans, fans of his music. Shouldn't you, at least, respect your fans? Or fans can't ask to be respected?

Axl does his thing for himself, not to satisfy fans or anyone in any way. He's a selfish, arrogant, egocentric, irresponsible man and that at the same time makes him 'special' as he is. Geniuses are almost never easy to deal with people, and W. Axl Rose in no exception.

I accept him and admire him for the unique artist and performer he is - simple as that.

PS - Bring back maynard now!!! mygnrforum won't be the same without him... :no:

Edited by trqster

I'm sorry, but calling your fans idiots is uncalled for :shrugs: We are his fans, fans of his music. Shouldn't you, at least, respect your fans? Or fans can't ask to be respected?

Axl does his thing for himself, not to satisfy fans or anyone in any way. He's a selfish, arrogant, egocentric, irresponsible man and that at the same time makes him 'special' as he is. Geniuses are almost never easy to deal with people, and W. Axl Rose in no exception.

I accept him and admire him for the unique artist and performer he is - simple as that.

The problem is, back in the day we used to enjoy the positive side of that "genius." Now all we have is the negative shit and a bunch of sub-par nostalgia shows. I'm finding it harder and harder to admire anything about him anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I admire Axl for his song writing skills, his voice and because of the band he is known for. But I don't like being called an idiot by someone I admire. That's all. A fan is not an object or a plant, but a person, with feelings, a human being. We deserve as much respect as Axl does :shrugs: There is indeed a lot of Axl bashing going on here, but it's mostly out of frustration, but still uncalled for, most of the times I think. However, we are just fans. The ones that buy the albums, the tshirts, the concert tickets. Hell, we are the ones supporting the band. And I think, we, as GnR fans, deserve even more respect than fans of other bands, because we are still here, even after all the inactivity and the not knowing if there ever will be a new album. Talk about being faithful fans. I'm just saying, your fans demand what they normally demand, namely to know what your band is doing. Do you see Metallica calling their bands idiots for wanting to know what they're doing? Nope. I guess Axl said that because he felt way too much pressure, but it's not our fault. We are not the ones delaying a new release and we are not the ones keeping the band from writing a new album. Look at it this way: fans buy albums, fans want music. That's a simple fact of life, if you will. Years went by between TSI and CD. It's normal for fans to wonder when a new album will come out after such a long tour. :shrugs: and we are the idiots?

Edited by TombRaider