Who are the 'idiots' Axl talks about on this interview?

maynard

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

So, first he says he doesn't care about a new album and then calls some group "idiots". Who do you think Axl was talking about here? Do you know other artists who call people interested in their work "idiots" like Axl did?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty fucking disgusting. I remember being pretty upset when this interview came out. He's 100% talking about the hardcore fan base. Because we're the only ones who care about music penned by axl rose.

True axl rose fans are idiots, and the ppl who just know the songs on the current setlists, are the only ppl that matter, because they make up the majority of ticket sales. As far as music goes, axl only wants to make money, because he is lazy and wants to do as little as possible to make the most money.

Fuckin horse shit he refers to ppl who still give a shit about his music "idiots". Just like the people who bought Chinese democracy. Just like all the ppl who actually gave a fuck about axl after slash left. Idiots. Anybody who is still a gnr fan after axl took the name and ran is an idiot. Can't argue with that point if axl even says so himself.

Guy is such a fucking prick to insult the only ppl who still support him.

Pretty fucking disgusting. I remember being pretty upset when this interview came out. He's 100% talking about the hardcore fan base. Because we're the only ones who care about music penned by axl rose.

True axl rose fans are idiots, and the ppl who just know the songs on the current setlists, are the only ppl that matter, because they make up the majority of ticket sales. As far as music goes, axl only wants to make money, because he is lazy and wants to do as little as possible to make the most money.

Fuckin horse shit he refers to ppl who still give a shit about his music "idiots". Just like the people who bought Chinese democracy. Just like all the ppl who actually gave a fuck about axl after slash left. Idiots. Anybody who is still a gnr fan after axl took the name and ran is an idiot. Can't argue with that point if axl even says so himself.

yeah it's funny cause he also says the idiots "have been around forever". like it's a band thing. it makes me think he is talking about his most loyal fans. i mean, i know axl is not very smart but, you have to be stupid to say something like that to the fans.

hence why i won't go see them live, or one of the many, many reasons why I won't go see fakeGnR

When's the next album?

Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit. Of course there's the same idiots that have been around forever already demanding release dates.

So, first he says he doesn't care about a new album and then calls some group "idiots". Who do you think Axl was talking about here? Do you know other artists who call people interested in their work "idiots" like Axl did?

Dont think hes calling everyone interested in his work idiots... dont see how anyone would think hes talking about the hardcore fanbase at all... also depends alot on when this is from... if it was 2009 or something well...

First off, he did say DEMANDING release dates (if this quote is actually verbatim) now idk bout you, but im not demanding anything... if he puts out new music, great! but i dont feel entitled to anything and im happy just listening to the 6 albums he has put out

I DO think hes being a total dick for no good reason, but hey thats one of the reasons i love the guy lol imo hes probably referring to the media, tabloids, people looking for an exclusive story to further their career etc. probably even the guy who did this interview... or anyone in his mind who doesnt want him to succeed, so yeah the list is probably pretty long lol

When's the next album?

I think he talks about people who immediately after the release of an album "demand release dates" for the next albums. It is sort of idiotic to do that, don't you agree?

So a bunch of people that aren't even fans of Axl in the first place are whining because he called his fans idiots? You would have to be an idiot to not have the mental capacity to know that you're an idiot for expecting anything from Axl in the first place. Pretty pathetic to see all this butthurt caused by something that has always been common sense. :shrugs:

Axl never has and clearly still doesn't give a f@ck about fans opinions - at least he acknowledges it in interviews like this and in some rants. :)

Love him or hate him, that's Mr. W. Axl Rose.

Again, he is clearly speaking about that particular subset of fans who immediately after the release of CD "demanded" release dates for the nest albums. It is pretty disrespectful to go up to an artist right after he has presented his latest creation and go, "so, when is the next release?".

This brings up a point that was covered in another thread; do artists/Axl owe fans music? I would say a big fat NO.

IF he was talking about ALL fans (which I highly doubt), what makes that worse than users here calling him all sorts of names? No one forces fans to pay for concerts, music, merchandise, dvds, whatever, so what gives us the right to demand things from him/GnR/any band?