Who's the African American guy who seems to have always been near Axl in the 90's?

TombRaider

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Big Earl' - as he was nicknamed - was still in Axl's entourage, as late as Rio 3 (as you see him there) and possibly (although this is a bit of a guess) as late as 2002. I simply do not remember seeing him, 2006-13. Slash mentions Earl a few times in his book. I believe it was Earl who carried Slash up to his hotel room one night when Slash was found passed out drunk (or ODing) in a hotel foyer. Slash said he was a real sweetman despite his gruff exterior.

I think you see him in the Estranged video also, during the bit when all of the luggage is being carried out from Axl's door to the limo.

I remember seeing pictures of Axl offstage and there was always this African American guy near him.

Slash.

When this thread first began, I thought the OP was trolling and talking about Slash.

I need to stop some of my afternoon habits :awesomeface:

Just for the record...

4:05: the ginger guy who looks like a burlier version of Axl with a beard is Stuart Bailey, Axl's half-brother.

4: 11: the sexy looking oriental chick is Sabrina Okamoto, Axl's masseuse.

4: 15: Beta before she got old and fat

4:24: Vanessa is on the right. This is a total guess but the woman on the left might be Amy Bailey (she has a similar complexion to Axl).

4: 33: Big Earl Gabbidon, walking behind Axl.