Should Axl share lead vocals on the next album ?

Hollywood Gunner

should axl share vocals ?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

was listening to sentimental movie (duff on vocals) on my way to work this morning and asked myself whether or not id wanna hear any of the other guys in the current line-up sing on the next GNR album... im a little undecided but leaning more towards a yes... i mean thats one of the things i like about the illusions... kinda shakes things up when i hear 14 years or So Fine (both great songs imo) i love axls voice, but it was nice to hear duff and izzy once in awhile... and attitude (duff again) is probably one of my favorite covers theyve ever performed too

im just not that familiar with any of these other guys old work really... just wondering what you guys think... im pretty sure any one of them (except maybe frank) could pull it off... and i know stinson sang at a few older gnr gigs... im not so sure id wanna hear ashba, but maybe he could change my mind if axl gave him a shot lol i think it might make them seem a little less like axl and co. if he shared the spotlight by doing more than just giving them instrumental solo spots at live gigs... wadda you guys think ?

yeah i didnt really think of this cuz i dont like how axl sounds... his voice is probably the #1 reason i got hooked on gnr in the first place... but to hear another voice on one or two tracks would create more variety, kinda like on the illusions... i get why he didnt do it on CD, he kinda needed to sing the whole way through since he was m.i.a. for so long... he sung lead on afd the whole way through and its one of the best albums ever, but i like that variety duff and izzy bring to UYI 1&2

a nunugnr song without axl vocals? that wouldn't be even GNR.

exactly

well if its "nugnr" to you then it already isnt GNR so whats your point ? cupcake posts are more than welcome but please come up with something better than "axl shoudlnt sing anymore, his voice sucks" weve already heard you guys say that in 3/4 of all the other posts on this forum... starting to look like its not only gnr that needs new material lol cupcake posts can be fun to read at times, but PLEASE make them original

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Might be kinda cool to have a harmony thing going, instead of Axl layering 5 different voices on top of each other, he could only do 3 and let Bumble do one....

definitely agree with that... backup vocals should be a given... but not with axl lol not lately anyways... id love to see one or two of these guys write and record vocals for a song or two tho... would definitely be better if it were on a double album too... shades of the illusions... fuck, even call it kill your illusions

that vid i posted of tommy covering that dead boys song really sold me though... that punk feel really reminds me of duff and im really starting to like these guys more n more, the more i look into them... couldnt find anything with fortus signing though, can anyone else post something if they know of anythign please ? coolest one i found was this

that blues/country feel really reminds me of izzy man... and they both kinda seem to have the personality of a rock lol izzy definitely wasnt cut out to be a frontman, but i still enjoy 14 years to this day...

all in all im starting to think axl chose tommy because of the duff punk feel, and fortus for the izzy feel... i could be way off, but i think that even though i liked chinese democracy, the next album is going to kick its fucking ass !

That's where you are wrong.

This is GnR. Pitman. Dizzy. Fortus, Stintson. Frank/Brain. BBF. And DJ Ashba. So if one of those guys sings a song (like they do live at the shows) it is still Guns n Roses. This isn't the Axl Rose show and a bunch of hired guns. This is a band, and this band is Guns n Roses. Stop being such a bitter-hater-ex-fan.

As for the actual topic - no.

Axl is the singer, and should sing all the songs.

One album in 20 years and you want to waste a couple spots on a future album with other people singing? Crazy talk.

Maybe if GnR was putting out albums every other year, then I wouldn't mind an occassional band member taking lead vocals. But we might only get 15 more songs out of axl in the next 20 years - why waste 2 of those 15 songs with stintson and BBF singing?

I'd have no problem with Tommy or BBF singing a song each on an album, both good singers. I dig Tommy's solo stuff, he's got quite a characteristic voice. Not a top-tier singer, but good/memorable much as Duff is/was.

Of course if this topic is spawned off the back of these recent claims about Axl's voice deteriorating people need to remember that singing live and singing in studio are two different ball games. His recent live performances aren't so horrible or unrecognisable that he couldn't sound bad-ass on a composite of several takes.

cupcake posts are more than welcome but please come up with something better than "axl shoudlnt sing anymore, his voice sucks" weve already heard you guys say that in 3/4 of all the other posts on this forum... starting to look like its not only gnr that needs new material lol cupcake posts can be fun to read at times, but PLEASE make them original

truth is what it is, it can't be changed, and it doesn't need to be "original".

Of course if this topic is spawned off the back of these recent claims about Axl's voice deteriorating

not at all... like i stated in my op, i was listening to sentimental movie from the rumbo tapes and this crazy (yeah grogan, i am crazy lol) idea popped into my head... i wanna hear these guys sing a song or two !

Not single tracks but i'd love to see Bumble do backup vocals. Also think Shackler's Revenge with some layers replaced with his could've sounded cool, but what can you do.. Except complain to Axl that he dosen't need all these studio touch ups and we want some straight forward rockers.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

exactly

well if its "nugnr" to you then it already isnt GNR so whats your point ? cupcake posts are more than welcome but please come up with something better than "axl shoudlnt sing anymore, his voice sucks" weve already heard you guys say that in 3/4 of all the other posts on this forum... starting to look like its not only gnr that needs new material lol cupcake posts can be fun to read at times, but PLEASE make them original

My bad, i was hurried and couldnt expand it.....i'll try "better" next time