How much longer will Axl continue on with New GNR before calling it a day and reuniting the real band for a huge pay day?

Randy Lahey

How much longer will Axl continue on with New GNR before calling it a day and reuniting the real band for a huge pay day? We all know he is going to reunite the old band at some point. These old rockers almost always reunite for a huge payout. And judging by Axl's lifestyle, he will eventually do the same if he wants to maintain the same level of luxury into old age.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're going to see it eventually. I just really hope it's before they are too old. And I really hope Axl undergoes several months of vocal coaching prior to finally taking the stage with the alumni.

It already happened, but in a different universe, where they still rule the world. In fact, they just released an album that's being praised by critics as the best thing since sliced bread. Axl and Slash are best friends and Slash's kids call Axl uncle Axl. They even toured the world for 6 months and Adler joined them on a couple of dates to play the AFD hits... Too bad we live in this universe :shrugs:

If they did a reunion Rick Rubin could produce the record. Hes had solid results with Death Magnetic and Sabbath.

But really they wouldnt need a record. Just do some old songs like Move to the City, Dust N Bones, Bad Obsession, DTJ.

I just dont feel like Izzy or Slash really want to do it. But maybe whwn they are all 60 they will just do a short tour for the money.

There's a lot of bands I'd love to see reunite, but they all have their own reasons why they don't do it.

I also think with Axl keeping the GNR name going out there, vs a band that hadn't been around for 20-30 years, I don't think an actual announcement would go over as well as people think. Maybe for a festival gig.

How much longer will Axl continue on with New GNR before calling it a day and reuniting the real band for a huge pay day? We all know he is going to reunite the old band at some point. These old rockers almost always reunite for a huge payout. And judging by Axl's lifestyle, he will eventually do the same if he wants to maintain the same level of luxury into old age.

It's not up to him. At least not anymore. I don't think Slash will do it with the way Rose sounds and behaves. I don't think Izzy will do it other than a show here or there. I don't think Duff will do it other than a show here or there. Adler would probably do it, and I guess Sorum/Clark would do it.

Neither Slash nor Duff nor Izzy are ever going to "get the band back together" with Rose. That would entail way too much in the way of complications for each of them, and it doesn't appear to me that any of them (Slash, Duff, Izzy) have any strong desire to do anything creatively with Rose.

Having said that, it would not surprise me to see Izzy work with Velvet Revolver again, if and when they start writing songs together again.

Even if he does consider it, I hope Axl never reunites the old band purely to spite the braying queens on this forum who's lives are so devoid of meaning that they'll never be satisfied until two people (who they've made their spiritual mommy and daddy) who hate each other give up on any kind of progress in life, suck moneys fat cock and heartlessly wank out a bunch of songs they made a billion years ago so the sad fools can pretend they are 23 again.

"Not in this lifetime"

"Slash is a cancer"

"Up my ass thats where slash is"

Hall of fame incident.

And there's a quote where he says he reiterates year after year it wont happen.

so why are people still having hope?

Bands have said this kind of thing before. But this is Axl.

Some fans havent seen that line up live.

I petsonally dont think it would be that good. The spirit has gone, it wouldnt be the same. I dont think they could fake or recapture it.

Maybe a reunion tour but I think everyone is happy doing what they are doing.

"Not in this lifetime"

"Slash is a cancer"

"Up my ass thats where slash is"

Hall of fame incident.

And there's a quote where he says he reiterates year after year it wont happen.

so why are people still having hope?

Bands have said this kind of thing before. But this is Axl.

Some fans havent seen that line up live.

I petsonally dont think it would be that good. The spirit has gone, it wouldnt be the same. I dont think they could fake or recapture it.

Maybe a reunion tour but I think everyone is happy doing what they are doing.

Something tells me the beggars and hangers-on surrounding Axl would go to great lengths to stop an original band reunion from ever materialising. After all, they have their livelihoods to protect. Beta Lebeis sure ain't gonna be manager of a newly-reformed original GNR.