Does anyone else miss Disney?

Of course Disney is still here and will likely be here for a very very long time, probably after all of us are gone. But it's not the same. Does anyone else miss the Disney we grew up with--the company that put out truly magical films with heart like Beauty and The Beast, The Lion King, Cinderella, Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Sword in the Stone, Mickey's Christmas Carol and so many others?

The magical company who touched our hearts and didn't just put out 3D juvenile Pixar crap or gobble up other companies?

Even their games were amazing and had great music:

Disney's had good and bad eras even when Walt was alive, the Eisner era had its good and bad to it, but Frank Wells was the big reason why the Eisner had done well - once Wells died, Eisner became the big Disney villain.

Now you have Lucasfilm & Pixar incorporated into Disney, and you have Dreamworks as its major competition. Iger is the big reason why Pixar and Disney joined forces, Steve Jobs became fast friends with him a while back. Iger did a great job doing damage control that Eisner got blasted for.

Supposedly Kathleen Kennedy, the one put in charge of Lucasfilm, might be Iger's successor. That could mean a partnership happening with Dreamworks & Disney, because she was Spielberg's right hand woman going back to the early 80s, and had just produced Lincoln with him. Just about every success he had was attributed to her in some way.

To me the danger is in becoming an animation monopoly, but animation technology is going to only get better.

Things change, evolve, go through cycles....

Shoot Miser, make him hang himself.

Even if he says the sky is blue, FUCKING KILL HIM.

+1

Miser, chill. Lots of people like Disney, and lots of people hate it. Because they don't like Disney doesn't mean they are trying to demonize you.

Disney has changed a bit. I'm not always a fan of the Pixar stuff but sometimes I am. Some of it has been awesome. The stuff I really don't like is Disney's live-action crap the last few years. Shit's getting more and more sexualized while getting worse and worse in quality.

But overall Disney is the shit.

can anybody say anything bad about something like UP? Other than the stupid fucking dog that is.

I've refused to watch Up since Sandman gave me a brief review of it.

Aladdin FTW.

What did Sandy not like about it?

I don't think he disliked it; just knew that I probably didn't have the balls for it. ;)

I don't like watching anything that might involve me too much emotionally. I cry like a baby at the end of Thelma and Lousie, every single time I see it.

can anybody say anything bad about something like UP? Other than the stupid fucking dog that is.

Aladdin FTW.

I don't think he disliked it; just knew that I probably didn't have the balls for it. ;)

I don't like watching anything that might involve me too much emotionally. I cry like a baby at the end of Thelma and Lousie, every single time I see it.

I gotcha.

No The Fox and the Hound for you!

Aladdin FTW.

If you can make it through the first 10 minutes of the movie, you're doing fine.

Pepper Ann and Recess, Smart Guy and Teen Angel too, Boy Meets World, the Disney Channel where I grew up and watched it had a lot of stuff from ABC. - Sabrina the Teenaged Witch went to Nickelodeon so that cross over they did with Teen Angel was sorta' funky in the UK, with Sabrina being on Nickelodeon and Disney Channel having the rest of them; You Wish never came to the UK at all, no one had it.

So that part in that cross over where Salem went to the 1950s... never happened in the UK.

Guest Len B'stard

I never watched any Disney as a child, didn't really interest me. Except The Little Mermaid but that was cuz i was round a girls house. I didn't think boys really watched that stuff, when i was a boy at that age all the boys my age watched football and Ninja Turtles or Arnie or Sylvester Stallone films, 80s action junk in general really and like...y'know, boy stuff, I never watched Beauty and the sodding Beast or Cinderella and that...why would I? :lol:

Not saying that what i watched was really grown up or elevated or anything, Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles isn't like on some superior intellectual level to Disney it's just...well, it's a blue/pink thing innit? The boys watched The A Team and read Shoot! or The Beano or had their Pannini Premier League sticker albums and the girls had their My Little Pony comics and Disney and all that cobblers.

The boys watched The A Team and read Shoot! or The Beano or had their Pannini Premier League sticker albums.

Speak for yourself Marigold. It were Barclays League - Division 1 all the way for me! :lol: