Why didn't Axl want to work with Gilby?

Vincent Vega

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Manny Manner

Sorrry but Ain't Life Grand? kicks ChiDem in the balls.

This forum is turning into a mental institute.

Lol- it seems like even Slash thinks that Ain't Life Grand- ain't too good of a record. Some people just really like top-hats I guess.

Lol- it seems like even Slash thinks that Ain't Life Grand- ain't too good of a record. Some people just really like top-hats I guess.
Well of you go this way, I think it's pretty clear that Axl isn't very satisfied with the ChiDem tracklist considering it was purely a reaction towards the leaks. So by your logic, is it really a good record?

I think Slash's opinion of the album has more to do with the following catastrophe of a tour than its musical quality. Serial Killer is his best post GN'R track.

For the record, I love ChiDem and am far from a Slash fanboy. So grow up.

Funny, for the rest of the GNR fans, new gnr supporters (whom aren't average joes) die-hards are mental, though :shrugs:

btw my fav from ALG is Rusted Heroes rock3

Edited by Crash Diet

Apart from Serial Killer, I am not that keen on Ain't Life Grand. But Pawnshop Guitars and It's Five O' Clock are both excellent and better records than Chinese Democracy.

ALG grows on you with time, Been There Lately and Just Like Anything both have killer riffs IMO. I5OCS is definitely better than Chinese Democracy.

Yes. The Axl-nutters seem to forget that some of us like hook-laden guitar riffs, raw production, bluesy solos and basic Rock N' Roll lyrics. Some of us are not so keen on overdubs, over-production and lyrics about Stephanie Seymour. Is this so surprising consideirng Appetite itself was a raw rock n' roll record?

Yes. The Axl-nutters seem to forget that some of us like hook-laden guitar riffs, raw production, bluesy solos and basic Rock N' Roll lyrics. Some of us are not so keen on overdubs, over-production and lyrics about Stephanie Seymour. Is this so surprising consideirng Appetite itself was a raw rock n' roll record?

+1

Pawnshop Guitars = Ain't Life Grand > It's Five O' Clock Somewhere > Contraband > Chinese Democracy.> Libertad.