Homeland Thread [SEASON 03 PREMIERE LEAKS]

ManetsBR

Also, if you consider his character's arguement objectively - discarding audience loyalties to Saul - he's entirely right.

The show reflects real-life problems with the CIA i.e. their current modus operandi

He's a dickhead like Heath Ledger was a terrorist and Brando was a mobster. By which I mean he does a hell of a job portraying something he's not.

This season started out as weak sauce, but it's brought itself back the last month or so. Totally worth the slog of an opening 4 episodes to get to the last 5. Looking forward to next week's.

I just caught up to 3.10 today, did the whole season (so far) in the last 4 days, and that is a 100% accurate statement. Took some time to kick into gear, but once it did it was just great.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Homeland-Morena-Baccarin-Morgan-Saylor-1074697.aspx

Could not be happier. The family has been the worst part of the show throughout the duration, especially when Brody wasn't with them. While I thought the daughter (Morgan Saylor) was a very good actress, her mother (Morena Baccarin) was not so good. Great news, can't wait to see what season 4 (and tomorrow's finale!) holds in store for us.

This would be a good end to the series. Brody was always my main appeal with the show annd with him gone I want a new chapter completely.. In season 4 I want much more Quinn and much less Carrie. Let her go to Istanbul and get a much smaller supporting role..Change the show instead of milking it to death.

What was Saul's new job in NY?

Unclear about Saul, probably a defense contractor, possibly an NGO. Either way they made it clear he was making more $ at it and it's private sector.

I liked the finale, it was quieter than the previous two finales. I don't know how I feel about Brody being dead, Lewis's acting was a big draw to the show for me. I'll still watch S4, but now I'm hesitant.

I'm not a cryer, but the season finale brought tears to my eyes. It was poignant but most importantly - appropriate.

I really can't imagine Homeland without Brody though. Carrie, who's already been thoroughly developed in this season, really doesn't have the chops to keep it interesting. After season 3 ultimately coming good, I can see Homeland torpedoing from here on.

PLOT TWIST: Brody is still alive.

While I'd selfishly like that, it would be awful from the perspective of the show's integrity. When you commit to killing such an integral character - in the context of a realistic programme - there's no way you can credibly say 'well actually, after being publicly hanged, that person is still alive'.

My problem is that Carrie's tribulations aren't gripping. How, after already focusing on her during this season, do you continually develop her story into season 3? It was the reintroduction of Brody that actually gave life to an otherwise average season. Homeland has always been 'The Brody Show'.

The producers have said concretely that Brody is dead and not coming back. I'm guessing they're going to developed the Carrie-Javadi-Iran plot line, and that will probably be the main focus. Still can't tell how Saul will be involved, but the producers have assured that he will be a main character still.

The producers have said concretely that Brody is dead and not coming back. I'm guessing they're going to developed the Carrie-Javadi-Iran plot line, and that will probably be the main focus. Still can't tell how Saul will be involved, but the producers have assured that he will be a main character still.

That's not surprising, how could they credibly reintroduce a character that was publicly hanged? The Carrie-Javadi angle has already been pursued heavily. The Revolutionary Guard are being ran by a CIA asset and Iran have finally permitted nuclear vetting. Carrie and Javadi aren't really interesting. :shrugs:

As for Saul, he basically conceded that he'd be open to working with the CIA again. Perhaps in his capacity with the private sector.