Homeland Thread [SEASON 03 PREMIERE LEAKS]

ManetsBR

There's just too many scenes that are played for the audience that just wouldn't happen in real life. If Carrie knew what Saul was doing, then she wouldn't have gotten so upset and pissed off when he watched Saul testify to the Senate commission. I get that Carrie was likely pissed regardless, but it just seems like too big of a stretch considering many of the scenes seem like they were only meant to set up the audience rather than what characters would actually do.

Really enjoyed the first season, but this show has gotten progressively worse. Why they think anyone gives a shit about Dana is beyond me? Seems like half of every episode is about her. Don't care.

There's just too many scenes that are played for the audience that just wouldn't happen in real life. If Carrie knew what Saul was doing, then she wouldn't have gotten so upset and pissed off when he watched Saul testify to the Senate commission. I get that Carrie was likely pissed regardless, but it just seems like too big of a stretch considering many of the scenes seem like they were only meant to set up the audience rather than what characters would actually do.

Thats exactly what I meant. In case it wasn't clear. IMO, there's no answer that could make that whole stretch believable, which it seems like they were. It was just too out there and leading the audience in the wrong direction when that didn't even work because no one seems to quite know whats going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Really picked itself off the mat with the last two eps, *but*

if the baby is Brody's, I'm out.

How come?

Because A) it's too much with the soapy melodrama and B) there is no way to go there without violently insulting the audiences intelligence (again), she was admitted to hospital and treated and medicated. There is no way suspension of logic long and wide enough to cover the idea that she got through that without a blood test that would've revealed it then. If it turns out to be a post hospitalisation random, then fine.

Possibly that guy that she went and stayed with for a night after she got out. I don't remember his name.

It wouldn't make any sense if it was Brody, because besides the points that Angelica made, it's been however long since Brody and Carrie had contact. So, there'd be a lot more signs of pregnancy than a piss test.

season 3 is set just 2 months after the bombings.. what was weird was that she had a drawer with like a hundred piss tests, dafuq?

it should be that random guy but it won't be.

season has picked up IMO but my draw to this series was with brody, if he was a terrorist or not, his story and all that. I miss that muslim! his family however is not needed in anyway.

quinn's a great charachter, he should get more time and back story!

Edited by CheapJon

Really picked itself off the mat with the last two eps, *but*

if the baby is Brody's, I'm out.

Really? This season is so much better than last.

On par with the first imo - the Dana stuff is starting to be a chore, but other than that I think it has been decent.

Better than what The Walking Dead has been putting out - and I have been enjoying the newest season of that show.

My biggest problems with Homeland this season, are the lack of Brody and how his wife just says "Ok" to everything...

Edited by SunnyDRE

I expected the father to be Brody - would have been fucking horrible to make it a consequence of that desperate one-night stand thing. :lol:

From a storytelling perspective, that would've been a shitload better, not to mention more plausible.

Perhaps it will prove to be the case. At the end of the day, Carrie's knowledge of the pregnancy is based entirely on assumptions.

All I know is that with Carrie as a mom (and a dad who is perceived as a wanted terrorist), that kid is going to have problems.

Anyone else have a problem that Saul's wife's boyfriend (don't remember her name or the boyfriend's name) was able to break into the house of the acting CIA director so easily? Wouldn't that place be monitored? And I can't believe that any sensitive information would exist on any home computer belonging to Saul.

And I can't believe that any sensitive information would exist on any home computer belonging to Saul.

To me the purpose of the device is not to steal computer data, it's to stake conversations in the kitchen.

Still a dickhead. -_-

He's a dickhead like Heath Ledger was a terrorist and Brando was a mobster. By which I mean he does a hell of a job portraying something he's not.

This season started out as weak sauce, but it's brought itself back the last month or so. Totally worth the slog of an opening 4 episodes to get to the last 5. Looking forward to next week's.