How has Dizzy Reed managed to last in the band for so long without ever being fired?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dizzy is cool.

Being able to be in Axl's good graces for over 20 years straight is a musical accomplishment in and of itself, worthy of note and merit!

On a more serious note, if you think about it, building a great band is not just about getting people who can produce the goods and play the material live. It's the people who gel together and can make it work together, in whatever way that is, that is what counts.

it's like when Axl had Buckethead playing second string to Robin Finck. When you have somebody with the talent of Chris Pitman in your band there is no need for Dizzy Reed.

Why would you have a Ferrari in your band, but drive it like a Fiat? :lol:

To answer the question though; Dizzy provides the vital link to the past.

Wasn't he a roadie as far back as 1985, with del james and the mahue's? I guess they have a solid friend/working relationship built up over time. What other job will get them to see as much money and travel? Lots of reasons to stick around.

Why would Dizzy get fired?

He's not a junkie

He's never slandered GNR and Axl in the media

He's a great musician that has not lost his motivation and skills over the years

He's never released crappy solo records but instead keeps his song ideas for GNR

He realized the big scam that the RNRHOF is and supported his band and friend's decision not to attend the abomination

He's been in the GNR family since the beginning, before the classic lineup

What other job will get them to see as much money and travel? Lots of reasons to stick around.

That's not the question.

He's axl's yes man. Look at 2002, axl got dreads, dizzy got dreads. 2009, axl got rid of the dreads, dizzy got rid of the dreads.

What I don't understand though, Dizzy worked with slash on Snakepit, didn't he? It seems like that would be something axl would fire him over.

How has Dizzy Reed managed to last in the band for so long without ever being fired? I would have thought that Axl would have fired him after he hired Pitman.

2 completely different functions in the band. Even Billy Joel and Elton John have keyboard players in their bands.

I thought it was funny seeing him on Big Brother vouching for Evel Dick a while back, I guess they're good friends.

Dizzy was fired around the same time Slash and Duff left. However Dizzy just kept on showing up... Even after being replaced.

hahahahaha can you imagine that?

Axl: "What are you doing here? I fired you last year. We even replaced you with this new guy here, this is Chris."

Chris: "Yo. So you're the infamous Slash."

Dizzy: "But Axl, I have nowhere to go, please let me stay in the rehearsal."

Axl: "OK, you can watch."

Dizzy: "I brought my keyboard, is it ok if a play along?"

Axl: "Uh... Ok I gues... Guys, keep it very low in the mix, please. Chris, are you ok with this?"

Chris: "Whatever you say, boss. Where's the booze?"

Then on 2001 they came to Rio...

Axl: "Dizzy? Are you on vacation here?"

Dizzy: "Well, actually I was wondering if you could let me play with you guys. Keep me very low in the mix, you know..."

Axl: "Jesus Christ, Dizzy... I'll let it, but only because the Rock in Rio stage is gigantic and no one will actually notice you. I mean, I can't do that to Chris."

Chris: "Boss, I already said I don't give a fuck about Slash. Where's the booze?"

Then on 2006 he got braids along with Axl...

Axl: "Dizzy, what the fuck happened to your hair? Are these braids? I can't believe."

Dizzy: "Oh man, I had never noticed you had braids as well! What a coincidence. Hey Chris, where are your braids? Don't have? Ha!"

Two years later Robin got braids - true story, for the NIN tour - so Axl fired him because this was getting of out control. True story.

Edited by ManetsBR

Dizzy was fired around the same time Slash and Duff left. However Dizzy just kept on showing up... Even after being replaced.

Axl: "What are you doing here? I fired you last year. We even replaced you with this new guy here, this is Chris."

Axl: "Uh... Ok I gues... Guys, keep it very low in the mix, please. Chris, are you ok with this?"

Dizzy: "Well, actually I was wondering if you could let me play with you guys. Keep me very low in the mix, you know..."

Axl: "Jesus Christ, Dizzy... I'll let it, but only because the Rock in Rio stage is gigantic and no one will actually notice you. I mean, I can't do that to Chris."

Chris: "Boss, I already said I don't give a fuck about Slash. Where's the booze?"

Axl: "Dizzy, what the fuck happened to your hair? Are these braids? I can't believe."

Dizzy: "Oh man, I had never noticed you had braids as well! What a coincidence. Hey Chris, where are your braids? Don't have? Ha!"

Two years later Robin got braids - true story, for the NIN tour - so Axl fired him because this was getting of out control. True story.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Hahahaha I love it!!

Great!

Great!

+1

The Muslims and Jews could learn a lot from Dizzy Reed.

I'm a Muslim, and please do not say bad words about my religion!

Live your own religion, because us, true Muslims are teached to appreciate others. Those kind of Muslims that you hate, like terrorism are not educated well about Islam.

So, don't hate our religion. We, true muslim, are good people, not terrorist or what you might say.

Heres what I say: Theres no hate in that post for you to get your jihad on. Read the statement again and then apologize for being inflammitory and completely wrong. And its dead on RIGHT as a statement seeing how muslims and jews have been at war with each other for about 800 years too long.

The Muslims and Jews could learn a lot from Dizzy Reed.

I'm a Muslim, and please do not say bad words about my religion!

Live your own religion, because us, true Muslims are teached to appreciate others. Those kind of Muslims that you hate, like terrorism are not educated well about Islam.

So, don't hate our religion. We, true muslim, are good people, not terrorist or what you might say.

Heres what I say: Theres no hate in that post for you to get your jihad on. Read the statement again and then apologize for being inflammitory and completely wrong. And its dead on RIGHT as a statement seeing how muslims and jews have been at war with each other for about 800 years too long.

Great post!

He has that special kind of loyalty that Axl so values: the blind kind.

Lol!

Great!

+1

Haha.. 'Where's the booze?" :rofl-lol:

'