What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

I saw it in 3D with the glasses. Does the imax make it better? Which parts are meant to be great. It just didn't click what it was about. They just got fucked up in space and she survived. which made her grateful to be alive, and she gets a better appreciation for gravity?

Gravity was the definition of a bad movie.

If you have ideas about it that are better than what happens. It would kind of cool if when they found out gonna die they have a love scene, that's what I thought might happen. But nothing happened. What if George wanted to die and that could have gone Dead Calm. Or were they married, then the dead kid could have haunted them in the space station.

Any character trait that either of them had, had no impact on the film.

the script was:

Two guys in space.

Asteroid storm.

One dies.

Asteroid storm.

One survives.

Any of the people working on the movie could have had just one idea to make it better. It's like if they had one idea the whole thing would collapse.

If Nothing was going to happen, then maybe make more of the 3D, I want to go inside those tears.

Finally watched Oliver Stone's sequel to Wall Street - not sure why it was panned by the critics. Another compelling and visually stunning piece by Stone.

Guest Len B'stard

Finally watched Oliver Stone's sequel to Wall Street - not sure why it was panned by the critics. Another compelling and visually stunning piece by Stone.

Was it really? I'll have to give it a go :)

any good movies out there?

Depends on what's opened where you live, but if Inside Llewyn Davis, American Hustle, Dallas Buyers Club, Nebraska, Blue Jasmine, 12 Years a Slave, Prisoners, The Act of Killing, Don Jon or even Enough Said are playing, then fuck yes there are.

Guest Len B'stard

Depends on what's opened where you live, but if Inside Llewyn Davis, American Hustle, Dallas Buyers Club, Nebraska, Blue Jasmine, 12 Years a Slave, Prisoners, The Act of Killing, Don Jon or even Enough Said are playing, then fuck yes there are.

Every year or so i take down the Angelica list of whats out and whats worth watching and I'm always pleasantly suprised, often astounded so I think i'll get these a bash, thank you dear :)

So you've seen both Inside Llewyn Davis and American Hustle, Angelica? I really want to see both. I'm so behind on the movies I want to see, though :(

I'm gonna see it tonight, sort of cheating to recommend it beforehand, but it's David O. Russell for fucks sake, so I'm comfortable putting my neck out. I will for Spike Jonze's Her too, cause Spike Jonze.

Sugargayfemme's rec list (in addition to the previously mentioned films):

The Punk Singer, Pain & Gain, Before Midnight, War Witch, Blackfish, Stories We Tell, Behind the Candelabra, The Bling Ring, Cutie and the Boxer, Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me, Room 237, I Am Divine, Escape From Tomorrow, Is the Man Who is Tall Happy, Blue is the Warmest Color, The Past, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Exposed, Fruitvale Station, Bettie Page Reveals All.

Edited by Angelica

Been looking forward to Inside Llewyn Davis for a while now. Not sure what date it opens over here though. Likely not for another couple of months.

Guest Len B'stard

So you've seen both Inside Llewyn Davis and American Hustle, Angelica? I really want to see both. I'm so behind on the movies I want to see, though :(

I'm gonna see it tonight, sort of cheating to recommend it beforehand, but it's David O. Russell for fucks sake, so I'm comfortable putting my neck out. I will for Spike Jonze's Her too, cause Spike Jonze.

Sugargayfemme's rec list (in addition to the previously mentioned films):

The Punk Singer, Pain & Gain, Before Midnight, War Witch, Blackfish, Stories We Tell, Behind the Candelabra, The Bling Ring, Cutie and the Boxer, Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me, Room 237, I Am Divine, Escape From Tomorrow, Is the Man Who is Tall Happy, Blue is the Warmest Color, The Past, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, Exposed, Fruitvale Station, Bettie Page Reveals All.

Nice one Ang', God bless ya, i shall check em out :)

None of them are playing, but somehow someway I'm going to see American Hustle, Dallas Buyers, 12 Years a Slave (maybe not), Don Jon maybe some others. I just need a list of targets. Blue Jasmine, Nebraska, Enough Said look good too.

Edited by wasted