What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Watched recently:

A Simple Plan - great

Deconstructing Harry - my first Woody Allan movie, it's was pretty good I guess

Very Bad Things - twisted, morbid, immoral. And pretty entertaining

Edited by KBear

Okay, I take my skepticism back, Gravity was superb, and Bullock did well (Clooney OTOH, was the distracting weak link).

Don Jon is lovely.

Take that, you film snob! :lol:

Did you see it in IMAX 3D? I hope so, but if not it's OK since you at least liked it.

Saw it in IMAX 3D, glad I did.

Watched V/H/S 2. It sucked. Everything that was good about the first one was absent. Shitty framework story that didn't make any sense. 4 skits instead of 5:

- First one was about a guy that got a cyborg eye and started seeing dead people. Deaf chick fucked him so the dead people would leave them alone, iit just pissed the dead people off. Boredom ensues.

- Second one was a mountain biker with a Go Pro that got bit by a zombie, turns into a zombie with a Go Pro. GREAT idea in concept, terrible execution. Would love to see a movie done in this style well though.

- Third one was Jonestown meets Satanic Cult, with inexplicable zombies. Can't even describe it beyond that, it was so WTF? worthy. Awful.

- Fourth one was a run of the mill alien abduction, filmed from the perspective of a dog with a Go Pro. Meh.