What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Now You See Me. I can see why people like it, and why the critics don't. It had a Usual Suspects goes David Copperfield vibe. It's basically a glorified episode of CSI Las Vegas.

Going to watch it tonight. Looks really good.

Last night my wife and I watched World War Z. Wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it.

It's enjoyable without being a work of art or anything. You feel like rewatching again like the Usual suspects.

I really liked it. I'll definitely watch it again in the near future.

The Prestige is a film that explores the world of magicians, Now You See Me is more of a thriller movie for purely entertainment purposes, it's completely preposterous but if you can suspend disbelief. It's like the difference between Killing Them Softly and One For the Money.

The Prestige is a film that explores the world of magicians, Now You See Me is more of a thriller movie for purely entertainment purposes, it's completely preposterous but if you can suspend disbelief. It's like the difference between Killing Them Softly and One For the Money.

The Prestige is a work of art. Christopher Nolan did an amazing job with it.

Orphan

Damn good movie! A lot more than I expected.

It's so underrated. Most of the elements are well above average for a genre film, but the acting across the board is so good, that it elevates it further. All three kids are especially fantastic.

• Like 1

I watched Blue Caprice last night. It was alright. Kind of reminded me of a Gus Van Sant film; something like Last Days or Elephant.

I think I'm going to give Only God Forgives another try. Maybe I just didn't get it the first time. It's only fair because I enjoyed Drive a lot more on the second watch.

Drive was good because the screenplay was written by someone else. Refn is a good director but a lousy screenwriter.

Edited by Randy Lahey