What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Guest Len B'stard

I never understood why that bothers people 'don't tell me the twist!', so what, there's a whole lot more to 90 or more minutes of cinema than knowing where it was Mr Mustard is the drawing room with the candlestick holder or whatever.

I never understood why that bothers people 'don't tell me the twist!', so what, there's a whole lot more to 90 or more minutes of cinema than knowing where it was Mr Mustard is the drawing room with the candlestick holder or whatever.

So you're saying that you wouldn't have cared if people told you the whole entire plot of all of your favorite movies, before you had even seen them?

Of course there is, however, it's a shit load more enjoyable to not know know what's going to happen. Or to know you've outsmarted the movie by figuring it out yourself.

No one needs a mouth breather who can't get attention in any other fashion, fucking it up so they can masturbate in their mother's basement to their retarded idea of what a hilarious prankster they are. Yep, still pissed off. :lol::anger:

Guest Len B'stard

So you're saying that you wouldn't have cared if people told you the whole entire plot of all of your favorite movies, before you had even seen them?

Not in the least, no. In fact it even has its benefits cuz then when you watch it with that in mind you notice so much about the movie and the way it unfolds and the sort of little clues that movie tend to have that otherwise would've gone over your head. I've always been like that. To suggest that if I knew the plot before i saw em would result in there not being much point in watching the movie anymore then there can't've been very much to it in the first place. It's like Columbo innit, every sod knows who the fuckin' murderer is right off the bat but it's the way it unfolds thats interesting. Did i just confess to being a Columbo fan? :lol: Fuck off alright, Peter Falk was the bollocks

'Hi there uh, Mr Jensen, how are you? I'm awful sorry to bug ya again there sir but uh...I had to come down here to pick up some cheesecake from that there little Italian place, my wife see, i tell ya she loves that cheesecake...but as I was driving down there i had this thought, its been bugging me all afternoon actually...if the window was broken from the outside then why comes for was THE M'FUCKIN' BROKEN GLASS ON THE INSIDE, HUH?!?!?! HUH?!?!?!?! YOU KNOW YOU DONE FUCKED UP THERE, RIGHT?!?!'

And uh, etc :D

I generally read the plot befoe I watch a movie. But I have to watch a movie two or three times to get what is going on. Like Total Recall I still dont know. The Godfather I have no clue. I dont really like moving films. Usual Suspects. Wtf happen there.

It doesn't ruin the whole movie but it ruins that one moment which is sometimes pretty good.

Guest Len B'stard

I. D.

about an uncover cop who began a football holligan in the 80s. He recently came forward to tell the real story 20 years later after retiring.

Was that the one where he ends up a mental skinhead at the end?

On topic:

Watched Training Day again the other day, i think i've really had it with films, i can't sit through em no more.

I. D.

about an uncover cop who began a football holligan in the 80s. He recently came forward to tell the real story 20 years later after retiring.

Was that the one where he ends up a mental skinhead at the end?

I can't watch him without thinking about Home to Roost! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Watch the original firm with Gary Oldman, it's the better one. Essex Boys is alright too. A lot of people slag off the whole new millenium English wideboy gangster movies but i quite like em. I mean they ain't fuckin' Olivier level stuff but they ain't meant to be and they're alright for a giggle. You should check out Goodbye Charlie Bright too. I've seen about every football hooligan film that there is.

Edited by sugaraylen

Watch the original firm with Gary Oldman, it's the better one. Essex Boys is alright too. A lot of people slag off the whole new millenium English wideboy gangster movies but i quite like em. I mean they ain't fuckin' Olivier level stuff but they ain't meant to be and they're alright for a giggle. You should check out Goodbye Charlie Bright too. I've seen about every football hooligan film that there is.

I think thats The Firm im takking about. Is there another one?

I didnt know it was ouevre, er sub genre. Where does This is England fit in? Whats the difference between Layer Cake, Snatch, The Limey, Sexy Beast, Traffic, Go, Trainspotting.

Watched 3 minutes of Pacific RIM last night, looked pretty good.

i saw it in theatre its 3 hours of robots battling.

Guest Len B'stard
I think thats The Firm im takking about. Is there another one?

Yeah they remade it, i think it was the bloke who done football factory but don't quote me on that. Anyway it's totally fuckin' different to the superior Oldman one.

didnt know it was ouevre, er sub genre. Where does This is England fit in? Whats the difference between Layer Cake, Snatch, The Limey, Sexy Beast, Traffic, Go, Trainspotting.

This is England is more like a fuckin' race drama, difference between Layer Cake, Snatch, The Limey, Sexy Beast? OK, well out of all of them Sexy Beast is probably the superior film, Layer Cake and Snatch are sort of fast paced comedies and The Limey is probably on a par with Sexy Beast in terms of being the film out of all of them that has the most artistic merit. Go is like a yank version of the fast paced criminal under-class meets a bunch of weenies thing, Traffic isssss...I saw Traffic in the cinema although i'm buggered if i can remember what it was about, something about drugs and some dealer shagging Michael Douglases daughter is about all i can recall and Trainspotting is just a flat out masterpiece that i'd put above all of the above mentioned, Trainspotting is an example of perfectly realised, not a frame out of place, flawless cinema.