The Beatles

luciusfunk

All Things Must Pass is by far the best of all the Beatles solo albums. It has to be because the number of talented musicians and songs George had written. There was Eric Clapton, Ringo, Alan White, Jim Gordon, Bobby Whitlock, Ginger Baker and of course, George himself.

Isn't It A Pity is a favorite.

Clapton also played on Lennon's Cold Turkey. You wouldn't even know it was him.

Double post/don't care

I just got my first record player. Also got Rock N' Roll Music, Rubber Soul, The Early Beatles and Beatles VI

Fuck yea ^_^

Nothing like hearing them on vinyl. The remastered recordings sound great too.

Clapton didn't just play on Cold Turkey, he was actually in the Plastic Ono Band and appears on Live Peace in Toronto 1969.

He didn't do any studio time did he? That would have been great. The guitar George played for Something was the same Gibson Les Paul Clapton played for While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Clapton gave George the guitar after he played it.

Double post/don't care

I just got my first record player. Also got Rock N' Roll Music, Rubber Soul, The Early Beatles and Beatles VI

Fuck yea ^_^

Nothing like hearing them on vinyl. The remastered recordings sound great too.

I'm thinking about getting Abbey Road (my favorite) and trying that out. If it sounds good I'll get the others.

Really? Always thought of Fixing a Hole, She's Leaving Home and A Day in the Life as the big hitters.

She's Leaving Home was a gem. Beautiful song Paul wrote. Getting Better is another favorite. Though I wonder about the lyrics "I used to get mad at my woman I used to beat her" was either written by Lennon or by Paul as reference to Lennon allegedly beating his wife Cynthia.

Really? Always thought of Fixing a Hole, She's Leaving Home and A Day in the Life as the big hitters.

Rita, She's Leaving Home and ADITL are my favorites. Fixing and Getting Better are also top notch. There are no real stinkers on the album. You could argue When I'm 64 but I enjoy it. I also enjoy Maxwell's Silver Hammer though so maybe I just like anything the Beatles shit out at me that isn't Revolution 9.

Edited by bacardimayne