The Beatles

luciusfunk

Let's talk about Revolver.

And Your Bird Can Sing <33

the anthology one where Paul's cracking up the whole time is the best thing ever

Usually this one makes the top of the list as the "definitive Beatles album". It was the last album Capitol would "butcher". Paperback Writer/Rain was released in May, Yesterday and Today was released 2 months before Revolver (June), just to give you an idea of what people were getting at the time- so the butcher cover might have been a response to what they were going to do to Revolver at the time in America. The US version omits Dr Robert, I'm Only Sleeping, And Your Bird Can Sing, so people in the US already heard those songs with Y&T. I'm sure there's some people don't like She Said She Said and Love You Too. I know there's people who love the US version better and was why Capitol did that box set reissue of the Capitol Collection.

So you have Y&T, the Paperback Writer single/Rain, and Revolver in 3 months time.

Beach Boys Pet Sounds had just been released in May, so this was The Beatles "response".

And Your Bird Can Sing and Here There and Everywhere were my favorite songs. Elanor Rigby was like proto-Sgt. Peppers.

Ringo gets a lot of hate for his drumming because he didn't sound like Keith Moon or any drummer of the time. Listen to Anthology 1 with drumming tracks by original drummer Pete Best and you will see what a difference. Pete's drumming makes them sound like regular rock songs. Ringo makes them unique.

• Like 2

Loved George's backwards guitar. The 60's is when drug use was put to very good use.

Well really anytime but the 2000s onwards. And people wonder why music sucks dick now.

Either because they are not doing drugs or that the drugs they take suck. Back then they had the real stuff. The pharmaceutical kind.

I remember when my soon-to-be brother in law tripped on acid with us ( myself and some friends) in the 70's.
He fuckin' laughed at the shit we were taking compared to what they had in the late 60's.

And the shit we were doing was pretty damn intense.

I remember trying it again in the 90's and once in the early 2000's and man it was some weak shit.

I can't imagine what that 60's pure sugar cube stuff was like! :wow:

I say Band on the Run is the best post-Beatles album.

Has anyone read the short story The Twelfth Album? It's an alternate history where the Beatles released an album after Let It Be. It includes various solo songs as Beatles songs instead, including Maybe I'm Amazed with Lennon on vocals.

Has anyone read the short story The Twelfth Album? It's an alternate history where the Beatles released an album after Let It Be. It includes various solo songs as Beatles songs instead, including Maybe I'm Amazed with Lennon on vocals.

U high on some weak shit? All Things Must Pass, Imagine, and Plastic Ono Band are the best post Beatles albums. Band On The Run is good, but it's not as good as the truly brilliant shit George and Lennon came up with. Even Paul made at least 3 albums that were better imo compared to Band On The Run.

Edited by Rovim

U high on some weak shit? Everything Must Pass, Imagine, and Plastic Ono Band are the best post Beatles albums. Band On The Run is good, but it's not as good as the truly brilliant shit George and Lennon came up with. Even Paul made at least 3 albums that were better imo compared to Band On The Run.

Thank you. Paul's solo shit blows compared to John and George. Can't think of one song of his I actually like.
  • Like 1

U high on some weak shit? Everything Must Pass, Imagine, and Plastic Ono Band are the best post Beatles albums. Band On The Run is good, but it's not as good as the truly brilliant shit George and Lennon came up with. Even Paul made at least 3 albums that were better imo compared to Band On The Run.

Thank you. Paul's solo shit blows compared to John and George. Can't think of one song of his I actually like.

lEwCawh.gif

lEwCawh.gif

And he let a whore get away with a shitload of his money and MJ with the Beatles rights thing. Kinda dumb.

Yoko coulda helped on the song rights thing.

lol Yoko gets way too much shit cause she's annoying and ugly. I actually believe she influenced Lennon deeply, and the music he created in that time is good to my ears, so cool right? I'm not a Yoko hater.

Apparently John's solo career never picked up steam until after he died. Sure he had a good run with Imagine, I think his first album went largely unnoticed. Paul actually had the successful career, so successful he is living comfortably. He actually has no rights to the early Beatles, none of them did because they were too young and naive to think that far ahead.

Yoko is no music artist but she was a good influence on John. John was actually a cunt. He treated his son Julian like shit, so bad that he considered Paul more of a father (Hey Jude was written for him). He was a known woman beater, he even confessed it. Yoko was slowly turning John into a better person even though he abused her physically and emotionally. He made progress when he started talking to Julian again, but still resented him. Basically told people he was a "whiskey" kid while Sean was planned. I think eventually he would have completely made up with his son but he was murdered before he could.

Anyway, Ringo also had success. If anything John had the worse solo career when he was alive. Double Fantasy was trashed but when he died it won a fucking Grammy. I guess people do think better of you when you die.

All Things Must Pass was a masterpiece for George. If only he played like that for The Beatles. Something was the closest we got.

• Like 2