Shameless advertising in movies.

arnold layne

What are your thoughts of shameless adverts in movies? I find it fucking hilarious sometimes.

I think my favorite example would be Happy Gilmore when Adam Sandler eats a Subway sandwich every meal possible.

Does anyone else have any other examples or thoughts? It may be a "what's the big deal?" kind of thread, but as a business major I find it intriguing.

For me the worst was in another Adam Sandler movie, Mr. Deeds, when he has the helicopter land in the Wendy's parking lot and they all talk about how good their double bacon cheeseburgers are or whatever.

I thought it was funny when Wayne's World did the product placement parody scene, though.

EDIT: ^^ wfuckinga beat me to it! :lol:

And here's the Mr. Deeds scene I was talking about (the last 15 or 20 seconds).

Edited by DirtyDeeds

It sucks! How many damn car commercials can we watch?

I like when the theatre shows previews of tv shows and coming attractions, but commercials for soda or phones or cars is totally annoying.

It's like tv only you can't change the channel because there's no remote. lol

I don't mind product placement here and there. It's the shit like the Happy Gilmore example that pisses me off though; when a movie is saturated with product placement for a single brand.

But that's what made Happy Gilmore great. It was extreme. Happy ate it like three or four times through the movie, it sponsored the golf event, and if I remember right, Happy wore a Subway shirt on a few occasions as well. It's as if Hollywood made it a joke because it wasn't subtle. The ads were in your face the whole movie and that's why I loved it.