So GNR Handed Over A New Album in 2010?

Millions

There's simply no possible way any record label would reject anything that has actual Axl vocals on it. It would be released immediately. It could be spoken word, it could be country western....anything. Anything with his voice and the name Guns N Roses would be slapped together and released so quickly it'd make your head spin.

The only reason we haven't had live albums, boxed sets with early demos, DVDs, etc is cause Axl won't allow it. If it were up to the label we'd have remastered versions of AFD and UYI and special boxed sets with bonus tracks, more Greatest Hits collections and even the Rapid Fire stuff.

It's ridiculous to even suggest that a label would reject a fully completed album because it's not "up to their standards." They don't give a shit, they just want money! They'd sell you the SAME album ten times if they could get away with it!

I have to roll my eyes when people claim a fully-finished version of CD was "rejected" by the label back in 1999 or so....the label was desperate for ANYTHING at the time....and they still would be now.

Other than the 14 songs we got, there's no way on earth Axl has turned a damn thing over to the record company, cause if he had, we'd have it. Even if he gave them ONE song, they'd release it as a single or on a soundtrack the next day.

So spot on, right here.

I'd also ask this. Where did this sudden burst of work ethic and ambition come from? That doesn't seem off to any of you?

• Like 2

Axl has burned his bridges in the U.S.

Nobody wants to work with him.

This isn't helped by him hiring unqualified ex-nannies to manage his band.

This is seriously a disgrace...... never would have thought GN'R would drop to that level, after being the most dangerous band in the world......

This is seriously a disgrace...... never would have thought GN'R would drop to that level, after being the most dangerous band in the world......

I'd say they are pretty dangerous still, from a business standpoint, for someone interested in investing in their music :P

I don't agree that Axl is completely ruined in the US.

Get in better shape, get his voice in order, release an album or 3, play awards shows and late night talks shows, do interviews, etc... History has proven that even when he's decent people want to see him.

The question is whether that will ever happen. It seems like every few years Axl comes back to try and take over the world again, gets off to a great start and than falls off the map. It happened in 2001, 2006 and 2010, so he's on a 4-5 year cycle. 2015?

Getting better management would help too, but he doesn't seem to work well with the qualified people.

Edited by Evil Ernie

I'd say they are pretty dangerous still, from a business standpoint, for someone interested in investing in their music :P

LOL.... well.... >_<

You guys are blowing this out of proportion.

From all accounts, there are 2-3 more albums worth of material in the vault. Lots of the songs are better than songs that were on CD.

DJ has turned in at least 11-12 demos to Axl.

And, they have Beta and Fernando working with the label.

I suspect that we'll have 3-4 GnR albums over the next 7-8 years.

Facekicker what you say might be true, but don't forget, the band has Beta and Fernando handling negotiating now. From what I've read on this site and other GnR forums, those two are doing a fantastic job and are a highly respected duo in the industry.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

Guest NGOG

Listen, MSL clearly makes GNR part of his personal marketing, but very few of his musings have not been proven right. The only major failing I can recall is when he tried to flog 'the 1999 version of Appetite' (which actually seemed to be manipulated versions of Live Era).

Go back to 2011, and you had MSL discussing the notion of Duff replacing Tommy. At the time, everyone found such an idea to be out of the realm of possibility. But what happened in April of this year?

• Like 1

Listen, MSL clearly makes GNR part of his personal marketing, but very few of his musings have not been proven right. The only major failing I can recall is when he tried to flog 'the 1999 version of Appetite' (which actually seemed to be manipulated versions of Live Era).

Go back to 2011, and you had MSL discussing the notion of Duff replacing Tommy. At the time, everyone found such an idea to be out of the realm of possibility. But what happened in April of this year?

LOL. Seriously?

If Tommy left the band, who would be the obvious choice to replace him? How is it a stretch to say Duff? The guy has played with GnR live a couple times, including opening for GnR. Duff's solo career is pretty mediocre. VR hasn't done anything in years. If the news came out today that Tommy left, 93.74% of rock fans first question would be "Is Duff coming back?" So to hint at that is no big revolution. Duff is the most logical and obvious choice of all the old guys if one of them came back to GnR.

And what happened in April of this year? Duff filled in for a handful of shows. To somehow tie that together as to prove anything is a HUGE stretch. Huge.

Guest NGOG

LOL. Seriously?

If Tommy left the band, who would be the obvious choice to replace him? How is it a stretch to say Duff?

Yes, considering where their relationship once was (and not too long ago), and the loyalties Duff would clearly have to consider, it's remarkable that Duff McKagan performed as the bassist of Axl's new band.

There was a time when Axl would have dissolved GNR over bringing in any of the three involved with Velvet Revolver. I don't see how you can dispute that.

You guys are blowing this out of proportion.

From all accounts, there are 2-3 more albums worth of material in the vault. Lots of the songs are better than songs that were on CD.

DJ has turned in at least 11-12 demos to Axl.

And, they have Beta and Fernando working with the label.

I suspect that we'll have 3-4 GnR albums over the next 7-8 years.

Facekicker what you say might be true, but don't forget, the band has Beta and Fernando handling negotiating now. From what I've read on this site and other GnR forums, those two are doing a fantastic job and are a highly respected duo in the industry.

Lebeis family doesn't wants a new album....they want "THE REUNION"

Groghan, I think you're wrong. Before O2 2010, anyone considering Duff replacing Tommy would be nuts. I know MSL said it on 2011, after Duff had already played with Axl again.

BUT there's a big difference from random appearances to full time tour replacing an old time member. No one ever mentioned Izzy being back on, but he mentioend Duff. And it did happen. You can say all you want it was a easy hunch - I disagree - , but he was the only one that made it. And he was right. One more time.

• Like 1

I don't agree that Axl is completely ruined in the US.

I wonder.

Can he even play arenas anymore, nationwide?

At this point probably not, but with said improvements it is possible.

No way if he continues to mail it in.

Groghan, I think you're wrong. Before O2 2010, anyone considering Duff replacing Tommy would be nuts. I know MSL said it on 2011, after Duff had already played with Axl again.

BUT there's a big difference from random appearances to full time tour replacing an old time member. No one ever mentioned Izzy being back on, but he mentioend Duff. And it did happen. You can say all you want it was a easy hunch - I disagree - , but he was the only one that made it. And he was right. One more time.

No.

Dude, just go back and reread your post.

"I know MSL said it in 2011, AFTER Duff had already played with Axl again"..............for you, that is a big prediction?

I also disagree with your initial statement. We obviously can't find out for sure. But I would bet money that if in 2010 you polled every GnR fan in the world and asked who they thought would be Axl's first choice to replace Tommy (if Tommy quit), you seriously think that Duff wouldn't have been picked by an overwhelming margin?

So what was MSL's exact prediction? That Duff was going to fill in for GnR for five shows in the next three years when Tommy needed a break? That's what you and NGOG are going on about? You guys do realize that Duff isn't back "in" GnR, right? That he just filled in for a couple of shows.

I'm just confused as to why you guys feel so strongly about MSL's comment. It all seems pretty obvious. Here is my prediction. Harrison Ford will be in the new star wars movie, even though he wasn't in the last three of them.

No.

Dude, just go back and reread your post.

"I know MSL said it in 2011, AFTER Duff had already played with Axl again"..............for you, that is a big prediction?

I also disagree with your initial statement. We obviously can't find out for sure. But I would bet money that if in 2010 you polled every GnR fan in the world and asked who they thought would be Axl's first choice to replace Tommy (if Tommy quit), you seriously think that Duff wouldn't have been picked by an overwhelming margin?

So what was MSL's exact prediction? That Duff was going to fill in for GnR for five shows in the next three years when Tommy needed a break? That's what you and NGOG are going on about? You guys do realize that Duff isn't back "in" GnR, right? That he just filled in for a couple of shows.

I'm just confused as to why you guys feel so strongly about MSL's comment. It all seems pretty obvious. Here is my prediction. Harrison Ford will be in the new star wars movie, even though he wasn't in the last three of them.

Great post, Grogs. Kids like to give waaay too much credit to MSL and I don't really know why... For leaking Blood in the Water? For making a video featuring the Care Bears? There are too many stupid people on the internet, smart guys like MSL take advantage of that.

• Like 1

I can believe the scenario of them rejecting it, but I don't think it was as cut and dry as Axl handing in the record and the the record company just saying no. I believe he handed it in with a list of demands, they couldn't come to an agreement, and ended up rejecting him. Something among those lines.

I'm also under the firm belief that Axl blew his chances with nu guns in 2008. The labels never gonna give him a penny more than they're obligated to unless it has to do with a reunion or nostalgia.

such a draaaaaaaag thinking of all this....... :(

And I tell you, people who are not die-hard fans like us, don't wanna know a thing about this band anymore......

I read the Rock On The Range Facebook and everybody were in flames giving shit to it.... :(

Who the fuck, in 2010, in the music business, rejects a GNR album?

It is necessary to understand that ChiDem was a flop because of the expectations that surrounded. From a regular standpoint, it sold well above the average record. As anything with the GNR/Axl Rose Label would: if Axl literally records himself taking dumps for a month and releases a double album it will sell.

Who the fuck, in 2010, in the music business, rejects a GNR album?

A label tired of Axl's bullshit.

It is necessary to understand that ChiDem was a flop because of the expectations that surrounded.

Or maybe it simply wasn't that good.

From a regular standpoint, it sold well above the average record.

Agreed. But in Axl's #demented mind, I'm sure he expected it to sell a lot more. Or at least be talked more.

As anything with the GNR/Axl Rose Label would: if Axl literally records himself taking dumps for a month and releases a double album it will sell.

There are some posters on this forum who I'm sure would raise 3000 bucks to obtain the Axl's taking a dump sections, you're right again.

Edited by ProstituteComa