Does Going Down has potential to be a hit?

ManetsBR

I think it does. It's the good generic rock song that NuGNR needed. Pretty much like Foo Fighter's Learn To Fly, Walk... Actually, pretty much like any rock song that becomes a hit nowadays.

I never heard the other leaks (versions of better) and now no one is talking about them...,were they that bad?

Edited by DeadSlash

They're both pretty good. But they have a definite demo feel because they are simply a guitarist playing alongside the original vocal track for Better, and they're not currently mixed to sound like something you'd get even as a B-side. Those vocals are pretty aggressive and produced and it doesn't mesh perfectly. But they're fun to listen to, definitely seek out the acoustic version as Ron's playing is pretty awesome. The other one is also interesting, it's slowed down with DJ playing some moody guitar. Worth a listen. If Axl recorded a new vocal for the acoustic version, it really could be a stellar track.

With all things considered, It would be way out in left field to think the song has any chance at all in being a hit. Maybe if it were a new band without all the mixed history and drama surrounding it, but not as is.

even then, when was the last rock song that was a hit?

If they make a good mix of this song it will crack the top 10 for sure. I don't get why some people say that it's a bad song.
It's catchy and it sounds fresh.

Do it Beta!

Edited by Loaded

If you think that a GNR song led by Tommy Stinson couldn't get airplay, then clearly you have no understanding of the renewed relevance of The Replacements. When The Replacements reunited, it was easily more relevant than anything GNR has done in the past five years and perhaps longer.

If you think that a GNR song led by Tommy Stinson couldn't get airplay, then clearly you have no understanding of the renewed relevance of The Replacements. When The Replacements reunited, it was easily more relevant than anything GNR has done in the past five years and perhaps longer.

Most people in North America have never even heard of The Replacements. And none of their songs ever get played on regular radio.

Most people in North America have never even heard of The Replacements. And none of their songs ever get played on regular radio.

I never heard of the Replacements till someone on this forum talked about it. They must popular in Europe I guess...